FIFA 20

TheGoon

I took Keane and Giggs from the first set, and then Moore, van der Sar and Zambrotta from the second set.  Giggs is essentially useless now after I packed Neymar.  Keane was similar, but I ended up using him a lot recently for chemistry reasons, and he still stacks up.  Moore was very useful when I played 3 at the back, but now I've moved back to a 4, he's very much the third in line and will only play when one of the others are suspended.  VDS will probably play more often than not, and Zambrotta will likely be in my side until the end of the game.

Is it worth the time I put into the game to get them?  Well I was going to be playing the game anyway, so I may as well play towards something.  Wouldn't say I regret putting the time into that.

19 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

Icon swaps. I have zero. Is it really worth it ?

The first owned challenges are really easy to do so getting Moore for 5 is worth it IMO. Stick a shadow on him and you good to go. Plus he's 89 rated so good for doing SBCs if you wanted that POTM Aguero for example.

The fully upgraded Omishen is great btw. Bit of a grind but found that a lot easier than I'm finding the Odegaard one tbh.

Most of the icons aren't worth anything like their market value or the grind to get them. Apart from top end ones, base icons are only really much use for hybrid squads.
Roberto Carlos and Zambrotta are mainstays in my team and I'd consider myself to have a fairly strong team. I also use Van Der Sar for chemistry reasons, but I've not been hugely impressed with him.

If you choose the correct ones they are worth the grind, picking bang average wingers or CDM's when you can purchase better for 10k coins is pointless.

I too got Nesta from the first set. Picked up Van Der Sar too as I plan to do a Dutch team, but having an icon keeper means you can use him in any team which is quite useful. So on the Dutch theme it’s Koeman or Seedorf who I can get realistically with the swaps left. I originally wanted Zambrotta but having Danilo in there already as a free solid card means I’m tempted to go for either one of the previous mentioned. Koeman I’d use as a CDM, with the right Chen style his stats can look pretty impressive. On the other hand Seedorf appeals too. 

I’ve got 5 token so far. Need 2 more wins in FUT champions, and one more for the first owner 11. Then the rest I need the 4 wins from each. It’s a right old slog. 

In the first swaps I went all out and spent all my players on Prime Hagi. Well worth it in my opinion, he is a main stay in my team and will likely stay there till the end of the game. 

I picked up Zambrotta last night and so far so good. I converted him to an RB and seems to control that corner of the field.

33 minutes ago, Mallo_Madrid said:

I also use 92 rated Linker who has been fun.

Would you recommend the jug-eared pitch-shitting wee Gaz?  I've managed to save up close to 900k, and I'm swithering on whether to just spunk it all on Mbappe, or whether I spend a little less on a Prime Icon.  Lineker would leave me with a couple of hundred k left.

41212 Narrow in game. Aguero and Neymar up top with Bernardo CAM. 

Rijkaard is surprisingly very good at DM, a lot better than his stats show. He’s like VVD in midfield for me. Don’t try too much fancy passing with him or dribble too much and he’s amazing defensively. Well worth the tokens. 

I’ll probably do VDS and be done with them. 11 available but can’t be arsed grinding for more.

7DA491ED-B29E-4925-A2D5-D5261856C5C7.png

2 hours ago, Mallo_Madrid said:

He's fun, acceleration is great good and he finishes really well. He's fairly slight though.

I've not played with Mbappe so can't compare.  

Cheers, I do like trying out a new Icon so may give him a go.  I'm still pretty averse in dropping 720k+ on one player, so might see if Mbappe drops down any further before I pull the trigger.

In the meantime...

1 hour ago, staggy1929 said:

Future Stars Dembele and Future stars Osimhen is such a good partnership

Think I might give this a go.  Dembele's only 100k and I'm one two-goal win away from completing Ossyhen.  Can fit in the rest of my team around them all on 10 chem with Ossy on 7, so not too bad.  Miss the days of FIFA 19 and the Big Ol' b*****d Front Two I  used to have.  

2 hours ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

41212 Narrow in game. Aguero and Neymar up top with Bernardo CAM. 

Rijkaard is surprisingly very good at DM, a lot better than his stats show. He’s like VVD in midfield for me. Don’t try too much fancy passing with him or dribble too much and he’s amazing defensively. Well worth the tokens. 

I’ll probably do VDS and be done with them. 11 available but can’t be arsed grinding for more.

7DA491ED-B29E-4925-A2D5-D5261856C5C7.png

That team is sexual. How does Aguero play without being a pace merchant? 

3 minutes ago, forameus said:

Think I might give this a go.  Dembele's only 100k and I'm one two-goal win away from completing Ossyhen.  Can fit in the rest of my team around them all on 10 chem with Ossy on 7, so not too bad.  Miss the days of FIFA 19 and the Big Ol' b*****d Front Two I  used to have

They're really good together, It's only the 85 I have atm too

Thanks for the advice, I wasnt sure about Koeman as a pure CB, more like one who could come on as a sub and go on sub mad runs up front when he felt like it. If it was the Prime Figo I'd definately have taken him but I've have read elsewhere that he tends to drift out of games and what you say sort of confirms it.

He's ok in a back 3 and he's a pretty decent centre mid. Excellent passing, shooting, and generally trying to go forward. He's a bit like a bus though so any nippy attacker leaves him for dust.

Figo is, like you say, a passenger pretty much most of the time.

Zambrotta is pretty much an end game full back though. If it weren't for the fact I have Kenny Lala and I really want Blanc I would have took him. I've had Carlos from the first set and he's brilliant, Zambrotta stats look similar except he has 4 star skills and 5 star weak foot so I can't see how he won't be good. He'll be a good cm as well.

2 hours ago, TavTastic said:

That team is sexual. How does Aguero play without being a pace merchant? 

He’s very good, clinical as f**k. Had to change the way I play a bit because I’m guilty of abusing pacey players if I’m honest. Hoping he gets a cheeky upgrade as well. 

9 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

He’s very good, clinical as f**k. Had to change the way I play a bit because I’m guilty of abusing pacey players if I’m honest. Hoping he gets a cheeky upgrade as well. 

Rumoured to have got a +1 boost in Winter update. Think that was today but no idea if he got it or not.

Good luck with rewards tomorrow lads.

I have had the worst few weeks of rewards I’ve had on any Fifa.

5/8 100k packs have been maximum 82 rated player. They’ve been dreadful packs this year.

Rare mega packs have been ridiculously lucky though.