Wimbledon and the grass court season

lichtie23

Really? The quality has been mediocre for a match at this stage. It's like watching Maribor vs Qarabag in the Champions League.
Yeah, I think it's been pretty poor.
The Djokovic-Hurkacz match had some really exciting moments in the second set, but Hurkacz put to much into that and it became a procession.

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, jaggyness said:
19 minutes ago, ftk said:
I know they have a roof. Use it!

Nothing to do with that. Serena has been scheduled first for her singles match tmw so won't be playing mixed tonight

Surprised that completing the days play is seen as of secondary importance to making sure she is scheduled first on court in the singles.  I was looking forward to that match as well. 

Kygrios is a great character that can get away with murder and still be endeared by millions. I just find it frustrating watching him losing a match like that to Nadal and being able to identify the problem himself and still not seem to give that much of a f**k about it. Andrew Castle talked during the match about what it was like to watch Nadal training hours before he was on court and the level on intensity etched on his face even then and you can just imagine NK at that stage in the day completely not giving a f**k. He could definitely have beaten Nadal the other day had he been more focused on the big points, the talent is clearly there it’s just his mentality that lets him down, once he misses a big shot you know there’s an unforced error just around the corner and it is annoying to watch particularly when you see his post match interviews. I hope he gets a coach who screws his head on and he wins a grand slam though, can see it being one of the great Wimbledon moments if he does eventually triumph.

Andy Murray likes Kyrgios so that’s good enough for me. 

Not every person is motivated by trophies and by the sounds of it Kyrgios isn’t in this sport to become a legend of the game. He’s most likely already a multi millionaire so he might have already achieved what he set out to do. 

Andy Murray likes Kyrgios so that’s good enough for me. 
Not every person is motivated by trophies and by the sounds of it Kyrgios isn’t in this sport to become a legend of the game. He’s most likely already a multi millionaire so he might have already achieved what he set out to do. 
Kyrgios probably trains a fraction of what Murray did. I reckon he thinks its not worth the effort and he's happy with his achievements and the results from the effort he puts in which is fair enough and up to him.

Murray obviously trained to compete at the very top of the game and be the best.

Kyrgios trains enough to win enough to have a great lifestyle.

2 hours ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

Kyrgios probably trains a fraction of what Murray did. I reckon he thinks its not worth the effort and he's happy with his achievements and the results from the effort he puts in which is fair enough and up to him.

Murray obviously trained to compete at the very top of the game and be the best.

Kyrgios trains enough to win enough to have a great lifestyle.

Not saying it’s not true but any basis/source for any of this?

Really? The quality has been mediocre for a match at this stage. It's like watching Maribor vs Qarabag in the Champions League.
The quality maybe wasn't superb but I'd much rather watch a close encounter involving a new rising star than say Federer swat aside some no mark 3, 4 and 3 without breaking sweat which is quite often what is on Centre Court.

Archived