Canada vs Cameroon June 10th

The mighty reds start our glorious march to the quarter finals with a game against 46th ranked Cameroon.  Can the ageless wonder Christine Sinclair get a couple of goals to move her closer to Abby Wambach's all time record?  She only needs 3 to tie the American's record.  

5 minutes ago, RussellAnderson said:

Cameroon look a gang here. Canada solid but uninspiring. Super header for the goal though. Are Canada thought to be one of the better teams this year? I saw that they beat Scotland.

We are ranked 5th in the world and were top seed in our group.  Realistically I don't know if we are one of the real elite teams but a run to the quarter or semi finals is a real possibility

I only saw the last half hour and neither side looked especially impressive.  Nicely taken header for the goal, though.

Still, names like Buchanan, Agnew,  Scott, Sinclair and Fleming  showing the reach of the Scottish diaspora.

15 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

I only saw the last half hour and neither side looked especially impressive.  Nicely taken header for the goal, though.

Still, names like Buchanan, Agnew,  Scott, Sinclair and Fleming  showing the reach of the Scottish diaspora.

There is a huge Scottish diaspora here in Canada, it's why the two countries have such a close relationship.  Our first two Prime Ministers were both born in Scotland!