Jump to content

West Region Fixtures Season 2019-20


Kennie

Recommended Posts

Hi there all Junior Fans, I'm continually receiving calls and messages asking about the release of fixtures.

So just for clarity, the fixture list is ready and will be released to the clubs at the AGM of the West Region, which takes place on Wednesday 26th June.

They will then go live on the website following that meeting.
But, for those of you that are desperate for news, you should be able to work out the first 3 fixtures of the season in the Sectional League Cup.
Fixtures are moved on a day and reversed from what they were last season.
So, Game 2 is now Game 1, Game 3 is now Game 2 and Game 1 is now Game 3.

If you were at home in any of the games you will now be away in the corresponding fixture and vice-versa for any away games.
Kennie Young
Fixture Secretary (WRSJFA)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Kennie said:

Hi there all Junior Fans, I'm continually receiving calls and messages asking about the release of fixtures.

So just for clarity, the fixture list is ready and will be released to the clubs at the AGM of the West Region, which takes place on Wednesday 26th June.

They will then go live on the website following that meeting.
But, for those of you that are desperate for news, you should be able to work out the first 3 fixtures of the season in the Sectional League Cup.
Fixtures are moved on a day and reversed from what they were last season.
So, Game 2 is now Game 1, Game 3 is now Game 2 and Game 1 is now Game 3.

If you were at home in any of the games you will now be away in the corresponding fixture and vice-versa for any away games.
Kennie Young
Fixture Secretary (WRSJFA)

good comms, always appreciated imo

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, mick90 said:

as per the above verified format, fixtures are now up at

www.scottishpyramidnews.yolasite.com

where we also have 674 transfers, ongoing .. and 572 pre-season fixts.

Except Kennie's missed out one cryptic clue.

Following his formula, you've got both Benburb and Rossvale home on Wed 31st July. But Rossvale have now moved to share at New Tinto of course...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi there all Junior Fans, I'm continually receiving calls and messages asking about the release of fixtures.
So just for clarity, the fixture list is ready and will be released to the clubs at the AGM of the West Region, which takes place on Wednesday 26th June.
They will then go live on the website following that meeting.
But, for those of you that are desperate for news, you should be able to work out the first 3 fixtures of the season in the Sectional League Cup.
Fixtures are moved on a day and reversed from what they were last season.
So, Game 2 is now Game 1, Game 3 is now Game 2 and Game 1 is now Game 3.

If you were at home in any of the games you will now be away in the corresponding fixture and vice-versa for any away games.
Kennie Young
Fixture Secretary (WRSJFA)

Can I ask what is the rationale behind moving the fixtures on a day?
As this means that some clubs will have had two home games and some two away games on the Saturday in each season.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, LeedsPhil said:

Except Kennie's missed out one cryptic clue.

Following his formula, you've got both Benburb and Rossvale home on Wed 31st July. But Rossvale have now moved to share at New Tinto of course...

Already discussed this with Rossvale.

They will play that game at Huntershill.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, ex-german exile said:

Can I ask what is the rationale behind moving the fixtures on a day?
As this means that some clubs will have had two home games and some two away games on the Saturday in each season.

It's probably a throw-back to the old sectional league cups format.

It does ensure that teams are not opening the season against the same opponents.

It also helps to produce derby games, by that I mean that if your team's local derby didn't land on the Saturday last year it might happen this year.

ie- Maybole v Girvan, Whitletts v Annbank, Muirkirk v Lugar, Port Glasgow v Greenock, Cumbernauld v Kilsyth.

Games are also played under the split gate principle.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So Largs go from having three home games in 2017-18 v Winton, Kilbirnie (Sat) and Beith to a shared gate home match with Saltcoats last season. And if I've figured things out right it will be two seasons with no Saturday home game. Just scrap the competition.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's probably a throw-back to the old sectional league cups format.
It does ensure that teams are not opening the season against the same opponents.
It also helps to produce derby games, by that I mean that if your team's local derby didn't land on the Saturday last year it might happen this year.
ie- Maybole v Girvan, Whitletts v Annbank, Muirkirk v Lugar, Port Glasgow v Greenock, Cumbernauld v Kilsyth.
Games are also played under the split gate principle.
 
Thanks for the clarification. The shared gate is only part of clubs incomes though and given that the groups are redrawn biannually, it's conceivable that some teams might go four seasons with no Saturday home game. Therefore I thought it would have been fairer not to rotate.

However, in hindsight, it's probably no better or worse than not rotating. The main problem is only one Saturday and we all know the reason for that is to get the league started earlier. Thanks again for the candid reply.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, theesel1994 said:

So Largs go from having three home games in 2017-18 v Winton, Kilbirnie (Sat) and Beith to a shared gate home match with Saltcoats last season. And if I've figured things out right it will be two seasons with no Saturday home game. Just scrap the competition.

Last year you played Ardeer Saturday away Saltcoats Monday at home and Kilwinning Wednesday at home 

This year away Saltcoats Saturday home Kilwinning Monday home Ardeer Wednesday 

Next year be worse be Kilwinning away Saturday Ardeer away Monday Saltcoats home Wednesday 

Be season 23/24 before get Kilwinning on the Saturday if everything stays this fomat in West Region Junior Football 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Last year you played Ardeer Saturday away Saltcoats Monday at home and Kilwinning Wednesday at home 

This year away Saltcoats Saturday home Kilwinning Monday home Ardeer Wednesday 

Next year be worse be Kilwinning away Saturday Ardeer away Monday Saltcoats home Wednesday 

Be season 23/24 before get Kilwinning on the Saturday if everything stays this fomat in West Region Junior Football 

You don't know what will happen in 20/21 as the groups get redrawn. It's possible, howevr unlikely, never to have a home Saturday group match.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, theesel1994 said:

So Largs go from having three home games in 2017-18 v Winton, Kilbirnie (Sat) and Beith to a shared gate home match with Saltcoats last season. And if I've figured things out right it will be two seasons with no Saturday home game. Just scrap the competition.

Here here it's simply a farce with no sponsor and that's why we are just a laughing stock even continue to try and keep it going.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...