Billy Gilmour

Kuro

4 hours ago, Satoshi said:

Can anyone name any central midfielders of a similar age starting every week in the Premier League? Jacob Ramsey is the only one who comes to mind for me, it's a position where teams tend to prefer more experienced players.

Amadou Onana (21, Everton), Moises Caicedo (21, Brighton) and Romeo Lavia (18, Southampton) are players that would fit that criteria for me.

Edited by 2426255

In Caicedos first two seasons with Brighton he made 8 league appearances (and 12 on loan in Belgium). He looks an excellent talent, but didn't go straight into the first team he was bedded in. Billy will be the same.

Laiva has made 7 pl appearances this season, albeit that partly due to injury.

Just had a look at transfermarkt, total EPL appearances are:

Gilmour 40

Caicedo 23

Onana 15

Lavia 7

Gilmour not doing too badly it seems.

2 hours ago, Satoshi said:

In Caicedos first two seasons with Brighton he made 8 league appearances (and 12 on loan in Belgium). He looks an excellent talent, but didn't go straight into the first team he was bedded in. Billy will be the same.

Laiva has made 7 pl appearances this season, albeit that partly due to injury.

Just had a look at transfermarkt, total EPL appearances are:

Gilmour 40

Caicedo 23

Onana 15

Lavia 7

Gilmour not doing too badly it seems.

He's doing fucking shite and you're an idiot.

1 hour ago, Satoshi said:

I forgot, in HalfCutNinjas mind he made 400 PL appearances and fist bumped Obama.

Remember to keep taking your meds.

No mate you just don't know what you're looking at. 

I do. I keep a close eye. 

Let me tell you what happened yesterday. Gilmour's team were 3-0 up after 56 minutes. 

Perfect opportunity to give a player you rate and think has a future some much needed minutes.

They brought him on after 91 minutes.

So, if you know what you're looking at, he's doing terribly and his manager doesn't rate him in the slightest.

But you don't, so you didn't know that.

He will leave on loan in January.

21 minutes ago, HalfCutNinja said:

No mate you just don't know what you're looking at. 

I do. I keep a close eye. 

Let me tell you what happened yesterday. Gilmour's team were 3-0 up after 56 minutes. 

Perfect opportunity to give a player you rate and think has a future some much needed minutes.

They brought him on after 91 minutes.

So, if you know what you're looking at, he's doing terribly and his manager doesn't rate him in the slightest.

But you don't, so you didn't know that.

He will leave on loan in January.

Surely if he doesn't rate him in the slightest he wouldn't have started him midweek and brought him on at all? 

5 subs did not come on, I assume De Zerbi despises every one of them?

Of course, Half Cut Ninja has exposed himself as a complete fantasist, so I'm uncomfortable having any sort of interaction with him at all. Look at the facts of how Gilmour is doing, let's hope Half Cut Ninja gets the help he needs (and hopefully re-disappears from the board for a few months).

Edit: I am also happy to take a charity bet he will not leave on loan this window.

Edited by Satoshi

13 minutes ago, Satoshi said:

Surely if he doesn't rate him in the slightest he wouldn't have started him midweek and brought him on at all? 

5 subs did not come on, I assume De Zerbi despises every one of them?

Of course, Half Cut Ninja has exposed himself as a complete fantasist, so I'm uncomfortable having any sort of interaction with him at all. Look at the facts of how Gilmour is doing, let's hope Half Cut Ninja gets the help he needs (and hopefully re-disappears from the board for a few months).

Edit: I am also happy to take a charity bet he will not leave on loan this window.

Further, he started GroB in front of him, showing Gilmour isn't even third choice CM there.

And bringing him on in the 92nd minute isn't even for Gilmour's benefit, it's just a time wasting substitution. Which virtually all of Gilmour's league appearances this season have been.

Those are the facts of how Gilmour is doing.

Also, you forget this manager didn't even sign him and hasn't even had a single transfer window yet. For all we know the first thing he'll do when the window opens is sign a midfielder, pushing Gilmour even further down the pecking order.

Gilmour will obviously leave on loan, as de Zerbi doesn't rate him at all. Let's have a bet then. If Gilmour goes you don't post for three months. 

I've already told you why he doesn't rate him but you refused to accept it. You should listen sometimes instead of instinctively disagreeing. You'd learn something.

I'd say 99% of us on here rate gilmour as a good player, not everyone's perceptions are exactly the same. But we all want him to do well.

We assumed he was pretty much at worst back up t MacAllister and caicedo at the moment. But its looking at the moment that might not even be the case. So the opinion that he's currently doing well is just bizarre.

I dont think there's any need for any of the personal abuse in the last couple of posts. Particularly @Satoshi with the constant mental health stuff.

Aye he's doing terribly. 40 EPL appearances will include a huge chunk playing in an awful Norwich side that got relegated.

I think he needs to broaden his horizons. The EPL isn't the be all and end all. It could be too physical a league for him and he needs to go to a league and a team where he can grow, rather than wasting a crucial time in his development trying to turn himself into whatever De Zerbi wants him to be.

1 hour ago, BingMcCrosby said:

I'd say 99% of us on here rate gilmour as a good player, not everyone's perceptions are exactly the same. But we all want him to do well.

We assumed he was pretty much at worst back up t MacAllister and caicedo at the moment. But its looking at the moment that might not even be the case. So the opinion that he's currently doing well is just bizarre.

I dont think there's any need for any of the personal abuse in the last couple of posts. Particularly @Satoshi with the constant mental health stuff.

"Pretty much at worst"

He has appeared in the last two games.

The absolute pish that comes out of here whenever he doesn't start a game is astonishing. It's trolls and people who are daft enough to be manipulated by trolls.

I predicted at the start of the season he would make 10-15 appearances in the league. He already has 5 so is well on track.

And your white knight attempts are absolutely dreadful by the way, you are fooling no one. I am calling out an openly delusional poster, I know nothing about his mental health and neither do you. 

1 hour ago, velo army said:

Aye he's doing terribly. 40 EPL appearances will include a huge chunk playing in an awful Norwich side that got relegated.

I think he needs to broaden his horizons. The EPL isn't the be all and end all. It could be too physical a league for him and he needs to go to a league and a team where he can grow, rather than wasting a crucial time in his development trying to turn himself into whatever De Zerbi wants him to be.

For his age and position it's excellent, yes.

Doing terribly in comparison to whom, exactly? 

Edited by Satoshi

3 hours ago, 2426255 said:

Moises Caicedo is suspended for Brighton's game against Arsenal on New Years eve and with Alexis MacAllister also still absent it could provide an opportunity for Billy Gilmour.

Hope so, will be huge test for him 

2 hours ago, velo army said:

How many of the 40 were starts?

That will tell you how he is doing 

Just now, Binos said:

How many of the 40 were starts?

That will tell you how he is doing 

Im not sure, but as velo says alot of those games will be in the Norwich loan. Who were awful and he was hardly getting rave reviews. I initially thought he should stick it out at Brighton, but they last couple of games have painted a pretty bleak picture. Hes got alot of experience for his age, so if he's still not being trusted its a concern. Especially players getting played out of position instead of him getting a chance.

Hes better than rangers or the championship still i think. Id love to see him go over to Spain. Could be the making of him.

3 hours ago, Satoshi said:

I predicted at the start of the season he would make 10-15 appearances in the league. He already has 5 so is well on track.

To put a bit of perspective on those 5 appearances, every one of them is from the bench and is a grand total of 17 minutes.