Billy Gilmour

Kuro

Just now, The Moonster said:

To quote you, "it's almost as if different people have different opinions".

If you think Gilmours career is over that's fine. I think he'll be fine. 1 month of games isn't enough to prove either of us correct, but if you really want to claim the W you can have it buddy. Have a great day.

The point was and is, him being in the euro squad. Not whether he will have a good career. 

So to quote me again, at least I can admit when I get it wrong.

11 hours ago, Jambomo said:

I completely get why Gilmour stayed to try and break through but it’s pretty poor on Tuchel’s side to say he is in his plans, not let him go on loan and then give him very little time.

I don’t believe Tuchel won’t have done his homework before joining, so how Gilmour plays, the teams they are playing for the rest of the season, what they need in the league etc will not be a surprise to him. He would have known to some degree before coming in, if he’d feature much or not.  

Unless Gilmour is a nightmare in training or something, I just don’t get what he’s doing with him.

By all reported accounts hes a fantastic trainer, with a great attitude.

Tuchel is trying to stop us winning the euros, its sabotage. 

21 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:

The point was and is, him being in the euro squad. Not whether he will have a good career. 

So to quote me again, at least I can admit when I get it wrong.

I don't think I ever said staying at Chelsea would get him into the Euros squad, all I said was I didn't think it was a disaster if he stayed at Chelsea.

On 01/02/2021 at 12:57, Merkland Red said:

Do you genuinely think he has a chance of breaking in to the midfield against the competition he has this season? Especially as it looks like the manager is changing to a two man set up in the middle of the park?

On 01/02/2021 at 13:05, The Moonster said:

I genuinely don't know. What I do know is Billy Gilmour has impressed Tommy Tuchel and looks like he's being kept in the Chelsea squad. I see that as good news, others (bizarrely to me) see it as bad news, or disastrous. 

I also don't believe I called anyone stupid. These comments have clearly rattled you though given that you've now brought them up across two threads. Maybe it's best you put me on ignore.

I don't think I ever said staying at Chelsea would get him into the Euros squad, all I said was I didn't think it was a disaster if he stayed at Chelsea.

I also don't believe I called anyone stupid. These comments have clearly rattled you though given that you've now brought them up across two threads. Maybe it's best you put me on ignore.

You have quoted the posts around that time that didn't mention the euros.

Scotland first major tournament in over 20 years. Were all hoping our best young player to get in the squad.

You think its good he stays at Chelsea, others think its bad. You call their opinions bizarre.

Fast forward a month, you have been overwhelmingly proved wrong.

Accept it or don't 🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, BingMcCrosby said:

You have quoted the posts around that time that didn't mention the euros.

Scotland first major tournament in over 20 years. Were all hoping our best young player to get in the squad.

You think its good he stays at Chelsea, others think its bad. You call their opinions bizarre.

Fast forward a month, you have been overwhelmingly proved wrong.

Accept it or don't 🤷‍♂️

lol, the post I quoted was part of the same conversation. But just for you buddy, and to end this horrible back and forth, you were right, I was wrong. Hope you feel better.

lol, the post I quoted was part of the same conversation. But just for you buddy, and to end this horrible back and forth, you were right, I was wrong. Hope you feel better.

Yes it was, again though you only quoted the posts not mentioning the euros.

I feel neither up nor down, but your concession is accepted.

On 24/02/2021 at 21:28, GordonS said:

Mo Salah was sent out on loan by Chelsea to Fiorentina and then Roma, and his career seems to be going alright. Gilmour is still only 19 so there's no rush.

Yes, I didn’t say it was yet an issue.

The difference however, is that Gilmour is demonstrably ready to play first team football regularly for a club as good as Chelsea. Any delay in that being realised will only hamper his development.

Sitting on the bench and not playing is not developing him. The time for squad “experience” was over a year ago.

35 minutes ago, HuttonDressedAsLahm said:

Yes, I didn’t say it was yet an issue.

The difference however, is that Gilmour is demonstrably ready to play first team football regularly for a club as good as Chelsea. Any delay in that being realised will only hamper his development.

Sitting on the bench and not playing is not developing him. The time for squad “experience” was over a year ago.

He often isn’t even getting that far. He’s only really managed it a few times recently because of injuries.

Tuchel would prefer to have three full backs on the bench. It’s piss poor from him to give Gilmour reassurances to dissuade him from going out on loan, only to never give him a chance.

1 minute ago, eez-eh said:

He often isn’t even getting that far. He’s only really managed it a few times recently because of injuries.

Tuchel would prefer to have three full backs on the bench. It’s piss poor from him to give Gilmour reassurances to dissuade him from going out on loan, only to never give him a chance.

And then get him to train with the youths

I'm sure a year has just recently passed since his MotM performance against Liverpool. It's a real shame that he's now in a worse position despite only having one or two bad games since then (and plenty of excellent ones).

15 hours ago, Baptiste Bourgeois said:

I'd be pretty furious if I was Gilmour tbh. This was an absolutely massive 6 months for Gilmour, and he's essentially been sold what appears to be a complete lie by Tuchel. That's 6 months of his career wasted, sitting in the stands and only to be used in cases of extreme emergency. Might not mean much to someone from a big country like Germany who qualify every year, but who knows when Gilmour might have the chance of going to an international tournament again, quite possibly never.

Pretty much the entire time Tuchel's been here he's had two left-backs on the bench, and only one centre-mid to cover the two that he plays in his system, with Gilmour sitting in the stands. If anything screams "I don't rate you", it's that.

He's only got himself to blame

Made the decision to stay himself

1 hour ago, Binos said:

He's only got himself to blame

Made the decision to stay himself

I think people are making the point that he made that decision after being told he was in the new manager's plans.

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

I think people are making the point that he made that decision after being told he was in the new manager's plans.

He'd played 34 mins premier league time under the old manager

The new manager hadn't even put him on the bench yet

The lad probably listened to his old man or something but agree may have blown only chance to play at a major tournament

2 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Since when do players get to decide whether they go on loan or not? If Tuchel wants him to stay, he stays.

Since in modern football players kick off all the time forcing moves

I think people need to
Temper their expectations. He has played well in a few games but he has hardly had a decent run of games. Tuchel obviously likes him but they are going for a top 4 place so he wont be a starter.

I cant imagine he was ever going to make the euro squad. He is only 19. He is training with some of the worlds best players so it is hardly like he is training with the reserves.

21 minutes ago, Aufc said:

I think people need to
Temper their expectations. He has played well in a few games but he has hardly had a decent run of games. Tuchel obviously likes him but they are going for a top 4 place so he wont be a starter.

I cant imagine he was ever going to make the euro squad. He is only 19. He is training with some of the worlds best players so it is hardly like he is training with the reserves.

This. Some ridiculous claims and comparisons if you look some pages back. If he was a striker or a right back then you would understandably want him fast tracked but Scotland have some very decent midfielders at the moment so the fanfare was a bit strange.