Dundee v Aberdeen

johnnydun

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm getting flashbacks to the The *** Rat trying some pishy backheel and a Dundee player swinging a cross in for a goal. Did that happen in a cup game or am I tripping balls?

17 hours ago, resk said:

I'm getting flashbacks to the The *** Rat trying some pishy backheel and a Dundee player swinging a cross in for a goal. Did that happen in a cup game or am I tripping balls?

ETA: It gets funnier every time you watch it.

18 minutes ago, RussellAnderson said:

Despite camera evidence to the contrary, I remain convinced that McGinn shot crossed the line. I know what my eyes saw.

What can I say? It took a little bit a luck, and a little bit of the hand of Bain... god I miss Bain.

Dundee's Dens record against us is woeful in the league, but in cups it's a bit different.

Can recall a couple of Scottish Cup and League Cup defeats against Dundee at Dens over the years - think Leigh Griffiths got an extra time winner for 3-2 the last time in the LC.

2 hours ago, tarapoa said:

Dundee's Dens record against us is woeful in the league, but in cups it's a bit different.

Can recall a couple of Scottish Cup and League Cup defeats against Dundee at Dens over the years - think Leigh Griffiths got an extra time winner for 3-2 the last time in the LC.

Last 3 games between us in Cups:

2014-15 Scottish Cup - Dundee 2-1 Aberdeen
2011-12 Scottish League Cup - Aberdeen 1-0 Dundee
2009-10 Scottish League Cup - Dundee 3-2 Aberdeen (a.e.t.)

Let's hope home team advantage is the key.

Last 3 games between us in Cups:

2014-15 Scottish Cup - Dundee 2-1 Aberdeen

2011-12 Scottish League Cup - Aberdeen 1-0 Dundee

2009-10 Scottish League Cup - Dundee 3-2 Aberdeen (a.e.t.)

Let's hope home team advantage is the key.

The Scottish Cup in 14/15 was daylight robbery if I recall. We missed lots of chances and then Clarkson was in that spell where everything he hit went in, and his winner came in stoppage time. Also it was when they did the fourth round in December, which meant for a long winter if you were papped out.

The LC game in 2009 was part of the horrendous McGhee era..........recall taking a lad from Birmingham who was working with us down for a taster of Scottish fitba, and he seemed to enjoy it.  We came back from 2-0 down to force ET, but Dundee deserved the win courtesy of Griffiths' extra time goal.

EAyzv54W4AA3nvR.jpg:large

I for one am outraged that we can't just play the game less than 48 hours after Aberdeen play Rijeka (if they make it there). I hope they just move it to the Sunday, even though I probably won't be able to see it if they do.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, hate to have to be the one to have posted 3 straight times, but whatever.

We're undefeated in competitive matches so far this season, have assembled what could be our best strikeforce in years (though some acclimatisation is needed for them), and our defense and goalie, while shaky looking, have kept 5 clean sheets in 6 games. Plus we are at home, and the Dons will be coming down three games after what looks to be a tough 2nd leg against Rijeka. I do wish you lot the best in that game, not only for the coefficient, but so you knacker yourselves out come Sunday. Not expecting a victory, but it certainly seems way more possible than the shite we fielded last season. All I wish for is a tightly-contested game.

Hope you bring down a decent support to at least add to the atmosphere of the game.

Archived