Livi v Motherwell

3 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

So Sportscene did show the tackle on Devlin and said it should've been a red card, still can't see the CO bothering about it.

It's done and a retrospective punishment does nothing to benefit us now. They say these things even themselves out over a season so I'm looking forward to big Pepe battering through Morelos and getting away with it :thumsup2

46 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

It's done and a retrospective punishment does nothing to benefit us now. They say these things even themselves out over a season so I'm looking forward to big Pepe battering through Morelos and getting away with it :thumsup2

Robinson would no doubt appeal, blaming the pitch for it. Havering c**t was saying he had to take  Ilic off at HT as he was heading for a red card, and blamed the pitch. Had nowt to do with the pitch, he was going about making stupid tackles and acting like a dick pretending he was injured too, should've been booked several times before he finally got his yellow card. There are only so many thing our pitch can be blamed for, getting ridiculous now. :lol:

Funny how the pitch didn't lead to yellow cards for most of the Motherwell team. It's at the stage where if a linesman throws up at the side or a dug runs on it'll be because of the artificial pitch. It's getting hilarious listening to excuses from them all.

2 minutes ago, orco said:

Funny how the pitch didn't lead to yellow cards for most of the Motherwell team. It's at the stage where if a linesman throws up at the side or a dug runs on it'll be because of the artificial pitch. It's getting hilarious listening to excuses from them all.

If we're to accept then that moans and complaints from fans/players/managers of sides who haven't won on an artificial pitch are hilarious excuses, can we also then accept that moans and complaints from fans/players/managers whose side have won a game comfortably on an artificial pitch, are valid points?

14 minutes ago, Al B said:

If we're to accept then that moans and complaints from fans/players/managers of sides who haven't won on an artificial pitch are hilarious excuses, can we also then accept that moans and complaints from fans/players/managers whose side have won a game comfortably on an artificial pitch, are valid points?

Doubt you'd hear a word from Robinson had he won the game, he's full of shit with his excuses though. You wont get anyone who covers more ground and makes more tackles than Scott Pittman and he rarely gets a booking on grass or plastic.

27 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Doubt you'd hear a word from Robinson had he won the game, he's full of shit with his excuses though. You wont get anyone who covers more ground and makes more tackles than Scott Pittman and he rarely gets a booking on grass or plastic.

What's Robinson got to do with anything in my post? Why are you quoting me and responding to me if what your saying has absolutely nothing to do with what I said?

Again, if we are to accept that moans and complaints from sides who didn't win on an artificial pitch are excuses and have no value or validity, can we then in turn also accept that moans and complaints from sides who won comfortably on artificial pitches have merit and are valid?

First game in, first points taken form a team that on paper should be easily beating us and I am loving the drivel about the pitch being the problem

If anything ruined any aspect of the game it was Motherwell players acting like total fannies, throwing themselves down and their idiot fans standing throwing their hands about and shouting anytime they never got a decision. Leading to folk like Ilic flying into tackles with elbows up etc and finishing nicely with a potential leg-breaker from Carroll.

Can you imagine the state if our pitch if we had grass and the Berwick game went ahead after the rain that weekend? Folk would be moaning about the state of that too. Can't win with these twats.

The state of our grass pitch in our promotion seasons were always getting mentions with people complaining about not being able to play a good game on a 'tattie field'. Now we have a perfectly flat surface that plays the same all over, all the time. People just need an excuse to cope with the shame of getting beat off of the so called spineless relegation favorites.

I am just waiting for an opposition player to get injured at our place for the outcry that will bring, since nobody gets injured on grass.

1 hour ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Getting away from the pitch "debate"...I'd just like to say that's the first time I've seen the Motherwell thunder clap in person and it's very impressive. Love it

Thought it was funny when Motherwell fans were chanting some song about Seedorf and our fans joined in with the same chant singing Souda. :lol:

3 hours ago, Al B said:

What's Robinson got to do with anything in my post? Why are you quoting me and responding to me if what your saying has absolutely nothing to do with what I said?

Again, if we are to accept that moans and complaints from sides who didn't win on an artificial pitch are excuses and have no value or validity, can we then in turn also accept that moans and complaints from sides who won comfortably on artificial pitches have merit and are valid?

Cause you quoted Orco who posted after me saying about the shite Robinson was saying.

If the moans/complaints are valid then it doesn't matter if they win, draw or lose, but they aren't, they're just talking pish. Hope that helps clear it up for you.

Nobody would say plastic is better than a good grass pitch, and I doubt anyone would prefer playing on it to a good grass pitch, but they're allowed in the SPFL and they aren't anywhere near as bad as the shite spouted about them, so FFS get over it. All the arguments for and against have been done to death, and if there was anything valid in the arguments for banning them they wouldn't still be here. We can accept folk don't like them, and never will, but really, the hyperbole that comes out about them being an abomination is hilarious, talk about getting things out of proportion.

The clubs that have them, have them for a reason, finances being the main part of that, as well as the advantage of being able to train on it all season round, but all that has been said before and i'm sure there'll be a few threads around specifically about 3G pitches etc that covers all angles of the debate, so I really don't see the point of turning a match thread into one about astro pitches.

4 hours ago, Al B said:

Of course they are valid points but they are still opinions and as Liviforever says no one is arguing that good  grass pitches beat good artificial every day of the week.

The fact is that we had multiple problems over the years with our pitch getting so easily waterlogged after heavy rain. It was ripped up and relaid several times but the stadium was built in a place that makes it difficult for water to drain well. An artificial pitch means a cut down in the number of postponed games. A club of our size suffered from the drop in income from Saturday postponements to midweek evenings. If it seems to disadvantage visiting teams to play on our pitch then tough. It's a disadvantage to us that clubs like Motherwell and Hearts can offer much better wages to players like Gallagher and Halkett. But that's fitba' and Livi earned the right to play in the SPL.

Any views on the horrible Carroll tackle on Devlin? You'll be telling me that jumping off the ground and sticking your studs into a players thigh was caused by the pitch I suppose. 😋

I don’t think there’s much disputing that astro pitches give an advantage to the team that mainly uses them, however whether the livi pitch was either grass/astro/ash/sand we were quite fortunate to come away with a point as Gillespie had to dig us out with a fair few decent saves

1 hour ago, orco said:

Of course they are valid points but they are still opinions and as Liviforever says no one is arguing that good  grass pitches beat good artificial every day of the week.

The fact is that we had multiple problems over the years with our pitch getting so easily waterlogged after heavy rain. It was ripped up and relaid several times but the stadium was built in a place that makes it difficult for water to drain well. An artificial pitch means a cut down in the number of postponed games. A club of our size suffered from the drop in income from Saturday postponements to midweek evenings. If it seems to disadvantage visiting teams to play on our pitch then tough. It's a disadvantage to us that clubs like Motherwell and Hearts can offer much better wages to players like Gallagher and Halkett. But that's fitba' and Livi earned the right to play in the SPL.

Any views on the horrible Carroll tackle on Devlin? You'll be telling me that jumping off the ground and sticking your studs into a players thigh was caused by the pitch I suppose. 😋

I haven't seen anything of the tackle other than the still photo that was posted earlier (sitting in the far corner you've no real idea what happened), and it looks a very bad one indeed. I'm not sure why you're asking for my view on it as part of a discussion of whether an artificial surface negatively affects how enjoyable the games are to watch though?

Although I suspect it's because any counter-posts I've read are all relating to winning and losing, our game on Saturday there, and the Livingston pitch specifically...none of which have been the basis of what I've been saying. Which has been frustrating, but never mind.

In closing, I enjoy watching footballers play football in the most attractive, free-flowing, instinctive way possible. If that is hindered by ANY reason whatsoever, (rain, wind, a bobbly pitch, an artificial surface), then I enjoy the game much less. Most of those hindrances you can't do anything about (the weather, for example) and you just have to accept it, but when it's a hindrance that's been put there on purpose, I find that frustrating. And you can go on again if you want about "But our pitch was bad and this has helped consistency etc etc", but again, I'm not talking about YOUR pitch. I'm talking about artificial surfaces.

Anyway, on to the next match. Enjoy your season.

Edited by Al B

5 hours ago, orco said:

Although I have now seen that still photo, at the time I thought the foul should have gone the other way. 

4 hours ago, Dosser0209 said:

I don’t think there’s much disputing that astro pitches give an advantage to the team that mainly uses them, however whether the livi pitch was either grass/astro/ash/sand we were quite fortunate to come away with a point as Gillespie had to dig us out with a fair few decent saves

See, this is a view I can get, mainly as it's not dissing the pitch just pointing out the advantage of playing on it much more often :lol: But at the same time, Motherwell play at Fir Park more than anyone else in the league, Celtic play at Parkhead more than anyone else, and so on. Home advantage is an actual term used in football by fans, pundits etc, but it's only ever used negatively about teams with plastic pitches.

Anyway, it's Monday night so this thread should be gone. Pump Celtic on Saturday pls.