Do you wear football tops abroad?

Lofarl

Was away abroad when Scotland drew 2 - 2 with Ingurland and wore my vintage 1978 Scotland top on the day to watch it in the sports bar.  Similarly, if the rugby is on whenever i'm away and Scotland are playing, i'll wear my Scotland rugby away top for the game.  i never wear them unless we're playing.   I have 3 cracking SRU polo tops that are smart/dressy and will wear them out at night when no game is on.   Football tops - aye even my Pars top - never. 

Was away abroad when Scotland drew 2 - 2 with Ingurland and wore my vintage 1978 Scotland top on the day to watch it in the sports bar.  Similarly, if the rugby is on whenever i'm away and Scotland are playing, i'll wear my Scotland rugby away top for the game.  i never wear them unless we're playing.   I have 3 cracking SRU polo tops that are smart/dressy and will wear them out at night when no game is on.   Football tops - aye even my Pars top - never. 

No offence but the type that wears a rugby polo shirt on a night out is the worst type of c**t.

Each to their own.  They are smart/dressy with the rugby badge or logo as discreet as it can be.  Its a quality polo top - not a "look at me- im a Celtic/New Rangers/Aberdeen die hard" type of xxxl football top.
No offence taken mi amigo/amiga

I should make clear I would not wear anything Aberdeen fc related on any sort of social occasion other than playing football.

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

I should make clear I would not wear anything Aberdeen fc related on any sort of social occasion other than playing football.

That's exactly why i said "Each to their own".   However, i hate seeing football tops when i'm away that are purely worn (seems for 7/10/14 days consecutively) for displays of XXXL fanaticism.

On ‎23‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 11:34, hearthammer said:

how come rugger related stuff is fine but footy stuff isn't?

26 minutes ago, highlandcowden said:

As i previously said, the polo tops (not football strips) are smart/casual/dressy and look like  - a polo top !!!!!   A football top, in my opinion, is like wearing a part of a uniform that is there to display your die hard/loyal 😮/staunch "look at me, i'm a big fan, so ahm urr" type of image.  To a Scotland game - definitely, but as a casual top . . . . . . .

Please, its "rugby" and not your "rugger" anglicised guff.

10 hours ago, highlandcowden said:

I don't think anybody said football related stuff isn't Ok - it was specifically football tops we were discussing.  I reckon a  nice football team polo top would be OK  in many situations.  

5 hours ago, hk blues said:

I don't think anybody said football related stuff isn't Ok - it was specifically football tops we were discussing.  I reckon a  nice football team polo top would be OK  in many situations.  

I agree.  I said i wouldn't wear a football strip out if not going to a specific game.

On holiday this year, there was an old guy must have been in his late 60's wore something celtic every night of the holiday. No football tops but always a celtic polo shirt or a treble treble t shirt or some such. I just cant get my head round it. Why do you feel the need to tell everyone what team you support every night of the holiday. Have you nothing else going on in your life???

Football strips are for lying about the house in or playing 5s unless your 12.