Celtic v Hearts

1 minute ago, Romeo said:

I was a sunny afternoon before they got here and it was a forgone conclusion before the game started.

Why not go for pint then ?

Supporting a non-Old Firm team (as in even bothering to buy your ticket and turn up) requires a kind of optimism that you couldn't understand. Sometimes we get a surprise and it's glorious. The ticket is an investment in that happening once every now and then and not wanting to miss out.

By 3-0 down there's just no point. Go and enjoy your day with your mates. It's been me loads of times. No regrets about bailing at 3-0 and heading to the pub for a fun day with my pals instead of sitting watching a pointless 30 or 40 minutes of football.

Supporting a non-Old Firm team (as in even bothering to buy your ticket and turn up) requires a kind of optimism that you couldn't understand. Sometimes we get a surprise and it's glorious. The ticket is an investment in that happening once every now and then and not wanting to miss out.
By 3-0 down there's just no point. Go and enjoy your day with your mates. It's been me loads of times. No regrets about bailing at 3-0 and heading to the pub for a fun day with my pals instead of sitting watching a pointless 30 or 40 minutes of football.
Aye, alright.

Calm down.

I would suggest people stop putting money into the club, for a start.

My direct debit stopped several months ago.

Hearts seem pretty well run, unless the club are withholding that money from investing in the football operation why would you withdraw it?

A poor performing team on the pitch is the managers responsibility if the club are allocating the correct resources to him relative to your income.

1 minute ago, Romeo said:

Aye, alright.

Calm down.

Couldn't get much calmer. I've been watching fucking cricket.

This is the ex-pat equivalent of bailing and going to the pub.

1 minute ago, JTS98 said:

A wasted post on that idiot.

Sat on P&B during a game his "team" is at home.

4 minutes ago, Eckauskas said:

I would suggest people stop putting money into the club, for a start.

My direct debit stopped several months ago.

I think that's the wrong approach.

Just because we have the wrong guy in the dugout at the moment doesn't mean the fans funding the club is wrong. We're either committed to that model or we are not.

Taking money out of the club is not the answer.

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

Watching the cricket? And here was me thinking you were a likeable poster.

Human civilisation peaks with test cricket. Get onboard.

2 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Hearts seem pretty well run, unless the club are withholding that money from investing in the football operation why would you withdraw it?

A poor performing team on the pitch lies is the managers responsibility if the club are allocating the correct resources to him relative to your income.

By buying a season ticket every year, usually getting a shirt for playing football and going to 75% of away games, I put enough money into the club.

I don't want to top that up with a monthly direct debit, when I don't believe in the direction the football club is going.

1 minute ago, JTS98 said:

I think that's the wrong approach.

Just because we have the wrong guy in the dugout at the moment doesn't mean the fans funding the club is wrong. We're either committed to that model or we are not.

Taking money out of the club is not the answer.

I just don't believe in the direction the club is going.

I don't believe in a chairwoman who doesn't think results on the park matter.

I may start my DD up again once she has left and we have a board who puts winning football matches at the top of its priority list.

Just now, Eckauskas said:

I just don't believe in the direction the club is going.

I don't believe in a chairwoman who doesn't think results on the park matter.

I may start my DD up again once she has left and we have a board who puts winning football matches at the top of its priority list.

It's your money.

But I think the idea of funding the club through the DDs is more deep-seated than whether we're run well or not. The point is safeguarding the club and ensuring we always have a solid financial base regardless of success on the pitch and ticket sales etc.

I'd only stop if I felt we were being ripped off. I feel we're being let down just now, but not ripped off. We're arguably in a position now where losing a few more games to force change could be a good thing.

By buying a season ticket every year, usually getting a shirt for playing football and going to 75% of away games, I put enough money into the club.
I don't want to top that up with a monthly direct debit, when I don't believe in the direction the football club is going.

That is perfectly reasonable, it is your cash.

But why are you encouraging others to withhold money from the club? If recruitment is poor and the first team is poor that is the responsibility of whoever is responsible for recruitment (levein) and not a reason to get rid of budge. Neither is her possibly misguided persistence with levein. But a trigger happy owner isn’t exactly good either, particularly with levein who whether he’s a shit manager or not has contributed a lot to hearts.

Just now, JTS98 said:

It's your money.

But I think the idea of funding the club through the DDs is more deep-seated than whether we're run well or not. The point is safeguarding the club and ensuring we always have a solid financial base regardless of success on the pitch and ticket sales etc.

I'd only stop if I felt we were being ripped off. I feel we're being let down just now, but not ripped off. We're arguably in a position now where losing a few more games to force change could be a good thing.

Like I said further up, I put plenty money into the club without the DD.

I just don't feel the need to buy into the direction the club is heading under her watch.

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

That is perfectly reasonable, it is your cash.

But why are you encouraging others to withhold money from the club? If recruitment is poor and the first team is poor that is the responsibility of whoever is responsible for recruitment (levein) and not a reason to get rid of budge. Neither is her possibly misguided persistence with levein. But a trigger happy owner isn’t exactly good either, particularly with levein who whether he’s a shit manager or not has contributed a lot to hearts.

The reason I say that is because of an interview she gave the Edinburgh Evening News recently. When she was asked about how the club is performing off the pitch, she is quoted as saying the business results are more important than the football results.

While it's obvious that the business side of the club needs to thrive for the club to survive, to say that the football Is secondary to anything is just insulting to the supporters who rock up every week.

So it seems clear that while people still buy hospitality packages, merchandise and season tickets, nothing will change.

5 minutes ago, Eckauskas said:

The reason I say that is because of an interview she gave the Edinburgh Evening News recently. When she was asked about how the club is performing off the pitch, she is quoted as saying the business results are more important than the football results.

While it's obvious that the business side of the club needs to thrive for the club to survive, to say that the football Is secondary to anything is just insulting to the supporters who rock up every week.

So it seems clear that while people still buy hospitality packages, merchandise and season tickets, nothing will change.

I'm certainly not a happy clapper and I agree that not enough emphasis is being put on-pitch by the club at the moment.

But with our recent history I think it's right that the first priority of those running the club is to ensure that we are financially stable. I'm in my mid-thirties and this is the first time pretty much in my entire life that the club hasn't been in financial trouble. That's not something we should take for granted.

Neither, however, does it excuse the acceptance of shite performances we've had recently.

Given that we have looked oblivion square in the face in recent years. One can see how that could be interpreted in a way that makes sense.

It’s a fairly clumsy statement I’ll give you that.

I haven’t read the quotes but I’m assuming the point was that the long term health of the club is more important than the result on a Saturday. If levein is being judged on that over first team performance that is an issue though.