Queen's Park v Elgin City

Hoping Joffrey makes it today. If not, will be interesting to see if Mark goes with Tommy and Reagan in the centre.

Let’s hope Joffrey makes it. Your clearly a big fan of Reagan. He’s still got a lot to learn and hasn’t shown much yet. Huge step up for him. Luke Main’s similar to Block but today particularly I’d rather see him start with Thomson in around the 60 mark.

3 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Let’s hope Joffrey makes it. Your clearly a big fan of Reagan. He’s still got a lot to learn and hasn’t shown much yet. Huge step up for him. Luke Main’s similar to Block but today particularly I’d rather see him start with Thomson in around the 60 mark.

Like that Busby quote BYOS. Haven't come across that before. Sums up competitive sport pretty succintly

8 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Despite the defeat, both Luke and Reagan played well on Monday and would be happy with either. Reagan offers more in an attacking sense and as it's a home game let's try and win it. If it had been an away game I would have went with Luke.

Three clean sheets from four. Elgin will be disappointed not to have taken a couple of really good chances. As qpfc said, Wullie Muir saved us from a defeat. At the same time, their keeper had a couple of very good saves from Galt and Kouider-Aissa in the second half. Agyeman should do better with a great chance as well. Thought Thomson looked bright when he came on. 

A game I'm nearly certain we'd have lost last season. Elgin are the best side we've faced this season and I'd fancy them to challenge for top four. Some good footballers and a huge goal threat, albeit they let us off today. 

Fair result. Two defences playing very tight. Elgin pressed us well but we had a decent spell after Agyeman came on but few good chances for either team.

Tipped Elgin as the dark horse and on today’s performance they’ll be up there. Good news for is is we’re at the same level. But I fully expect Coach Roberts to be strongly worded in his post-match. Most animated I’ve seen him so far.

Agreed. Very glad to have Willie back. For me Magee was excellent, and I'm so used to Jamieson being consistently good that I take it for granted.

Three at the back works fairly well, but it can expose us down the flanks, especially if Mortimer gets out of position.

Happy enough with a draw. Also agree we would have slipped up here last season.

Today was one of those games where we’re fortunate to have a keeper like Willie Muir. Kept us in the game 

I thought Elgin were excellent. Kept chasing it for 90 minutes and on top of us constantly.

We came back into it and forced the best save of the game.

Salim was superb in the second half and didn't lose a header; what a find. McGee probably had his best game for us and hopefully he's ok for next week. Wullie Muir faultless again.

Despite the defeat, both Luke and Reagan played well on Monday and would be happy with either. Reagan offers more in an attacking sense and as it's a home game let's try and win it. If it had been an away game I would have went with Luke.

The youngster played really well when he came on[emoji106]

8 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

The youngster played really well when he came onemoji106.png

He's just turned 16 and being in the first team must be an incredible experience. He appears a level headed boy who just wants to play football. He has everyone expecting big things from him, he will almost certainly being tapped and enticed by big clubs offering him the world. He has unbelievable natural ability that if left alone to play football he will become a player. Let's hope we get to see the real Reagan blossom in the months ahead.

19 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Fair result. Two defences playing very tight. 

Didn't realise these two teams had such stingy defences, little wonder it turned out 0-0. Should be interesting next week with the stingiest defence matching up to the league's hotshots. That's a few post-match reports where Mark's highlighted the good work from the defence and how the "other end" has to do their bit. A high-pressing start next week against one of the league's more gracious defences might turn the tide.

image.png.9cae12001542f1fc6279d972b01360a8.png

Don't think anyone outside our camp will expect us to get anything at Cove. There's definitely weaknesses to be exploited, though. Conceded seven goals in four games. Go up, play without fear and see what happens.