Livi v St Mirren

47 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Emerging with three points a goal difference of just -1 is what's kept me happy 😂

Obviously it's all worthless if we lose the plot over the next seven games. This fixture definitely fits into the 'impossible to predict' category.

That's what get me over the second half of last season - we put up some impressive performances e.g. getting our first ever point at Celtic park etc. but then capitulate to teams we should be beating such as Dundee.

2 hours ago, Durnford said:

That's what get me over the second half of last season - we put up some impressive performances e.g. getting our first ever point at Celtic park etc. but then capitulate to teams we should be beating such as Dundee.

I think ‘capitulate’ is a bit strong in the context of the Dundee result I remember. I thought we should have buried them despite playing for 75mins with 10 men. We lost by that single worldy of a free kick. As discussed above the St Mirren game with 10 men was a bit unlucky too I thought; the ball in behind Halkett was a Steve Lawson interception. Don’t think these are acts of capitulation necessarily but then I maybe see things amber tinted specs - I’ll accept that 🤣 That last minute loss away to St Mirren was horrific though!

The Celtic Park result might’ve been my highlight of the season.

Edited by crispy

7 minutes ago, crispy said:

I think ‘capitulate’ is a bit strong in the context of the Dundee result I remember. I thought we should have buried them despite playing for 75mins with 10 men. We lost by that single worldy of a free kick. As discussed above the St Mirren game with 10 men was a bit unlucky too I thought; the ball in behind Halkett was a Steve Lawson interception. Don’t think these are acts of capitulation necessarily but then I maybe see things amber tinted specs - I’ll accept that 🤣 That last minute loss away to St Mirren was horrific though!

The Celtic Park result might’ve been my highlight of the season.

I used "capitulate" in the concede defeat sense although succumb or possibly even crumble if I was feeling particularly liverish.

If I remember rightly for the home match against Dundee we lost Byrne for a silly challenge (even though its debatable that he ever actually made contact) and then we took the lead. Unfortunately playing three quarters of a match with one player down eventually proved too much for us. Even then we held our own until almost the last eight minutes. A brave attempt but it still has the same result - nil points.

The St Mirren game was almost a rerun although the injuries had also started to mount up.

I'm not blaming the boys who continued to play out of their skins but the last five games of three losses and two draws were almost like people had given up as soon as we know we were safe. I was disappointed in Hardie in particular; if we didn't know what he can do if he puts in the effort it mightn't have been so bad but we did know what he could do but he simply couldn't be ar5ed. All this "he struggled playing as a loan striker didn't seem to particularly affect him earlier in the season or towards the end of the 2017/18 one.

Perhaps the feeling of guaranteed safety affected some players more than they thought; also some team selection issues particularly with regard to the last few games were possibly with a view to the coming season. For example making Lithgow interim captain and dropping Halkett being a case in point. Maybe sound reasons behind it but it still ended up costing us maybe one position in the final table.

Anyway onwards and upwards; lets start with our first home league win of the season.

23 minutes ago, christinanade said:

Impossible to play good passing football on that pitch which for a change will suit us as we set up defensively and smash balls up to obika.

I can possibly see us go with Obika and Junior for this one.

Games like these we'll really be looking to see Bartley shine and take control, as usual Pittman will be a cut above anyone here. As long as Jacobs has a decent game we'll dominate the midfield and be able to bring Lawless/Other Winger into the game and let Dykes body folk. Dykes definitely showing his worth, double the player Hardie is and actually tries can see Dykes getting a goal here and riling up in proper shithouse manner. 

Can always rely on Devlin and Lithgow, Guthrie needs to show his worth here as well and we have a choice of about 3 LBs to pick from so Holt will see who's firing on all cylinders in training but I can see it being Lamie for me. 

Stewart over Sarkic in goals as well.

Just realising we have some pretty ridiculous depth and quality, was worried about us before the season started but genuinely we look a cut above last season and offensively have improved massively and replaced outgoings very well. If we can get ourselves safe before Xmas again I'll be happy

Tough game, St Mirren look better than expected, a bit like ourselves actually. 

I do think that we can pick them off though, I’ve said this already this season but we look far better going forward than last season and defensively not too bad, we didn’t make any mistakes at the weekend and only got outdone by a very decent team goal. 

Be prepared for us not to score now and lose 3-0 or something. 

Robbo made a big difference when he came on against Forfar and was excellent until his injury on the god forsaken grass in Dingwall so be interesting to see if he makes it, if not it’s a choice between a Stobbs and Souda to replace him, good options to have. 

Cant really see the defence changing, only other decision to make is Jacobs, who also went off early second half with a knock, if he’s fit he plays, if not it’s Crawford in you would think. 

Plenty options available to us this season, I’ve not even mentioned a Sibbald, Lawson, Miller to name just 3.  

Looking forward to the game. 

Edited by andylivi1

Given Robbo's history of injuries i'd be pleasantly surprised if he makes it. Stobbs isn't fit enough to last a whole game and as Souda has been subbed in every game he's played, I think both will feature, one of them in whatever order starting and being replaced by the other. Possibly Stobbs starting and playing for as long as he can last.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

My overriding hope for the day is I dont have to face another couple of dozen of the scrotes at Livi South Station singing "A win away; A win away; A win Away; A win away" to the tune of "A lion sleeps tonight".

It gets really grating after the first couple of minutes let alone the half hour it takes to travel into Edinburgh.

"A loss away" would have sounded far better.

23 minutes ago, Durnford said:

My overriding hope for the day is I dont have to face another couple of dozen of the scrotes at Livi South Station singing "A win away; A win away; A win Away; A win away" to the tune of "A lion sleeps tonight".

It gets really grating after the first couple of minutes let alone the half hour it takes to travel into Edinburgh.

"A loss away" would have sounded far better.

The guy who wrote that song got eaten by a shark. He couldn't 'wimaway fast enough.