Highland Pyramid

Burnie_man

35 minutes ago, Stag Nation said:

I'm pretty sure Arbroath reserves played in the EoSFL in the 1960s.

2 seasons 69/70 and 70/71. Guessing something was going on in Reserve team football as QoS, Raith Rovers, Cowdenbeath would all have teams for a couple of years. Hearts were also in it but that'd be more common place to see.

28 minutes ago, Burnieman said:
14 hours ago, Jimi Shandrix said:
I think there will be some movement on this issue by the end of March deadline. One way or another this issue will be put to bed.

So Broughty are chucking in an application?

I think a lot of teams will be considering their options before the end of March. 

The thing is the EoSFL could even run a Tier 6 Division for the Tayside clubs in the North. 

I believe that what the Southern league does in Tier 7 or 8 in England where there's a Southern Premier Central and Southern Premier South.

Personally, I like others on here have said, that the Tayside clubs should be in the North, but that seems less likely unless the SFA step in. I was told by someone involved with the club in August that Broughty were fairly confident that any application to the EoS would be accepted. So that seems to line-up with what we've been seeing on here in recent weeks.

35 minutes ago, Stag Nation said:

I don't imagine the EoSFL clubs in Tiers 7 and 8 would be enthusiastic supporters of that proposal.

Pretty much, and would also mean a further season of disruption as they decide how to alter the league structure as it could no longer be linear ie Premier - First - Second and even a Third.

You can't have Tweedmouth or Coldstream travelling to Brechin or Forfar for league matches, but all new applicants have to start at the bottom of the pile, so there's going to be disruption.  I don't get the feeling clubs want anymore "interim" seasons.

That's in addition to accomodating West Lothian clubs.

You then also have the theoretical situation of Brechin City and Forfar Athletic in the Highland League, and Brechin Vics and Forfar West End in the Lowland League.

Edited by Burnieman

7 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

That a yes or no?

Already blindingly obvious from what he has posted which way the wind is blowing if you read between the lines. It's not reasonable to badger somebody to be 100% explicit about something when they are obviously trying to avoid doing that. Maybe take the hint about toning down your posting style a notch or two from what has happened on the COVID thread?

1 minute ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Already blindingly obvious from what he has posted which way the wind is blowing if you read between the lines. It's not reasonable to badger somebody to be 100% explicit about something when they are obviously trying to avoid doing that. Maybe take the hint about toning down your posting style a notch or two from what has happened on the COVID thread?

You really are a bit of an oddball aren't you.

17 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Havent been on for a while, good to see you are still an aggressive bully. Still lying about your stance on the pyramid?

34 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

... You can't have Tweedmouth or Coldstream travelling to Brechin or Forfar for league matches, ...

Either way, regardless of what ultimately happens on the remaining east region north clubs there are going to be some very long away game journeys with Tweedmouth to Brechin not being uniquely onerous in that regard (check out Montrose Roselea to Nairn St Ninian in the north region, for example, or Kirkwall to Inverness in the NCL), which is why there are reasonable arguments to be made in both directions:

scotland-physical-map.jpg

What should be standing out from ArabAuslander's post above is the HL catchment scenario is less likely without SFA intervention angle and what that says following on from what was being posted by JimmyShaker one of the admins of the FitbaNorth forum.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

I have no strong feelings either way on Tayside, although they probably should go north which is the cleanest and most sensible direction of travel IMO. More clubs into the LL catchment area makes no sense, regardless of what the HL's attitude is.

If they do want to join the EoS, it means further disruption whilst it's worked out how to integrate them, whilst the fall out from this season remains unknown.  This could all have been done 2 years ago when they were thumbing their nose at the EoS/Pyramid and certain Tayside club officials were abusing EoS board members and calling them liars publicly.

Not sure there's too much goodwill out there.

1 minute ago, Burnieman said:

I have no strong feelings either way on Tayside, although they probably should go north which is the cleanest and most sensible direction of travel IMO. More clubs into the LL catchment area makes no sense, regardless of what the HL's attitude is.

If they do want to join the EoS, it means further disruption whilst it's worked out how to integrate them, whilst the fall out from this season remains unknown.  This could all have been done 2 years ago when they were thumbing their nose at the EoS/Pyramid and certain Tayside club officials were abusing EoS board members and calling them liars publicly.

Not sure there's too much goodwill out there.

Well, you'll just need to be patient until the end of March to find out what's going on as we all will. Speculation is fun but that's all it at the moment. 

47 minutes ago, Jimi Shandrix said:

Well, you'll just need to be patient until the end of March to find out what's going on as we all will. Speculation is fun but that's all it at the moment. 

There's a comment on Twitter from the official EoSFL account that says "categorically" they've never had any applications from Dundee/Angus clubs. I guess that doesn't exclude the possibility of a gently rebuffed enquiry, but suggests there's not been any significant contact.

1 minute ago, Cyclizine said:

There's a comment on Twitter from the official EoSFL account that says "categorically" they've never had any applications from Dundee/Angus clubs. I guess that doesn't exclude the possibility of a gently rebuffed enquiry, but suggests there's not been any significant contact.

image.png.b9f16ac2db4fc9c6a1abedfca15c3251.png

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

image.png.b9f16ac2db4fc9c6a1abedfca15c3251.png

That’s not new news. We all know which teams have applied and been rejected at previous AGMs.

As has been said before we need some Tayside teams to apply to the EOS to put this subject to bed.

I wouldn’t share Broughtys confidence of a successful application. If some of the posts on here are anything to go by it appears the Lothian teams won’t be backing any applications as it involves driving to games.

Wasn’t a problem five years ago though.

13 minutes ago, patriot1 said:

That’s not new news. We all know which teams have applied and been rejected at previous AGMs.

As has been said before we need some Tayside teams to apply to the EOS to put this subject to bed.

I wouldn’t share Broughtys confidence of a successful application. If some of the posts on here are anything to go by it appears the Lothian teams won’t be backing any applications as it involves driving to games.

Wasn’t a problem five years ago though.

Considering this morning started with a back and forth between Burnie & Jimi over if Broughty have applied, it's kind of news. Since it suggests whatever the intentions no application has been put in yet.

A big part of the West Lothian clubs courting the WoS is because of this Tayside clubs in the EoS talk........

Yeah they dont fancy Coldstream,Hawick or Tweedmouth but that's about it,as far as the EoS is concerned,they may have once played Tayside clubs in the east juniors but they want nothing to do with them now.....

A big part of the West Lothian clubs courting the WoS is because of this Tayside clubs in the EoS talk........
Yeah they dont fancy Coldstream,Hawick or Tweedmouth but that's about it,as far as the EoS is concerned,they may have once played Tayside clubs in the east juniors but they want nothing to do with them now.....
It's long overdue that league boundaries are defined to remove any sort of ambiguity. The EoS board should have had a position on this without needing to go to members at AGM for each individual application. Same with WoS.