Clyde vs Stranraer

After the past 3 weeks I'm growing more and more confident about this season.

If we are to have any chance of staying in the league then this is the type of game we need to be taking 3 points from - especially at Fortress Broadwood!

I'll go 2-0 Clyde. Goodwillie and Lamont with the goals.

Edited by BullyWeeStonehouse

Bang on. If we don't take 3 points in this sort of game we can chuck it.  

Last season I said our strike rate, goals scored from shots on goal, was a problem. We need to be more clinical; 3 points rather than 1 from "The Forfars" in the league would make all the difference to our remaining in the league.

Probably the first match this league season where we will be favourites going in to it.    Makes it a different proposition for us but one we are capable of rising too, we started most matches last season as the fancied team and rarely failed to deliver.  

2-0 Clyde.  Goody and Lamont.

we should go into this game full of confidence after a pretty ropey start to season we have hit some right good form , broadwood is a real fortress . No easy games in this league but with form and home advatage think we will win by 2 goals

2 0 or 3 1 DGW double [emoji106]

ps would start johnston

5 hours ago, SLClyde said:

Need to keep the right attitude and just keep doing what we’ve been doing since the Falkirk game. 

Would be a big 3 points at this early stage if we can get them. 

Should you not be on the Coconut & Rum forum talking about the Harbour View game this weekend?

Edited by BullyWeeStonehouse

Think Clyde played Stranraer last year, and won 3-1 at Stair Park. I'd be hoping for something similar particularly with a number of attacking options available. 

Heard on SoccerFM: Stranraer have been struggling for numbers. But really Clyde NEED to win this, and build on recent performances.

Clyde 2-1 (Love & Goodwillie)

48 minutes ago, TheBigGuy said:

Think Clyde played Stranraer last year, and won 3-1 at Stair Park. I'd be hoping for something similar particularly with a number of attacking options available. 

Heard on SoccerFM: Stranraer have been struggling for numbers. But really Clyde NEED to win this, and build on recent performances.

Clyde 2-1 (Love & Goodwillie)

More convincing I think, 3-0

Early in the season but this is a huge chance for us to give ourselves a bit of security in the league. 
Can't underestimate the importance of Stranraer's experience in the league though. 
long season but in recent weeks I think we have showed enough ( if we keep our main players fit ) to look for a bit more than just staying in the league , its about consistency but at home we can beat anyone

Would be good to see Goodie back to his best and score 2 or 3 on Saturday. He's due a game like that soon!
this myth that DGW is some how off form

8 appearances 3 sub appearances 7 goals goal to game ratio of 1.6 thats including sub performances not counting assists

thats after coming back from a serious ankle injury 3 months ago

the rest of the team has scored 10 take mcniff out of that he has the same amount of goals as the entire midfield and forward line put together