Clyde vs Stranraer

5 minutes ago, cfcuk said:

this myth that DGW is some how off form

8 appearances 3 sub appearances 7 goals goal to game ratio of 1.6 thats including sub performances not counting assists

thats after coming back from a serious ankle injury 3 months ago

the rest of the team has scored 10 take mcniff out of that he has the same amount of goals as the entire midfield and forward line put together

Didnt say he was off form mate. Just hes due one of those games where everything hits the back of the net!

1 hour ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

Didnt say he was off form mate. Just hes due one of those games where everything hits the back of the net!

To be fair - the insinuation was that he’s not been doing as well as he could be- 

He was on crutches not so long ago and not fully match fit-  the stats CFUK quoted are actually incredible all things considered 

A few weeks ago when the negativity was at its worse, including a mention of Danny Lennon position being looked at which itself was quite incredible, I said that the games against Stranraer, Forfar, East Fife, Montrose, Peterheid, East Fife and Dumbarton were our level and the games we should expect to win, especially at home! For people to question Danny's ability to do the job after 4 games in which we played 3 of the main challengers is crazy. 

We had a great game against a Falkirk team who played Montrose, Dumbarton and Peterhead, fixtures I'd have expected us to take 6-9 points from but our fans are talking of double digit defeat and thankful the scoreboard wasn't there for people to take pictures, if we had their opening 3 fixtures we'd have went into that game pretty optimistic. 

Anyway we're past that, we're looking good and in short, Saturday is a big game for us for us, looking forward to this! 

His stats don't lie but I do agree one of these days everything is going to click for him in front of goal. Even with his goal scoring record as it is the amount of times he has been unlucky in front of goal especially at the tail end of last season, his goals apart he bring so much more to the team and makes things happen.

Stranraer have had a poor start to the season not helped by injuries and some bad luck where games we have narrowly lost could have went our way .

we have a decent team this year and I have no doubt we will soon find some form , it is quite possible for us to win comfortably this Saturday if we turn up but consistency has been an issue so difficult to predict for certain , but Clyde will not find this an easy game and I hope the team are as confident as the supporters because they are in for a shock ...

19 minutes ago, kvz2000 said:

Stranraer have had a poor start to the season not helped by injuries and some bad luck where games we have narrowly lost could have went our way .

we have a decent team this year and I have no doubt we will soon find some form , it is quite possible for us to win comfortably this Saturday if we turn up but consistency has been an issue so difficult to predict for certain , but Clyde will not find this an easy game and I hope the team are as confident as the supporters because they are in for a shock ...

We will see come 4:45 on Saturday!

13 hours ago, kvz2000 said:

So do I. We may aswell give up if our players aren't confident of winning and maintaining a lengthy unbeaten home run against a team below us in the league.

Team wise, does anyone know if Lyon is fit? Wasn't at QOS game but on his Falkirk and Forfar performances he would be one of the first names on my team sheet. No real reason to change anything apart from maybe bring Johnston in for Smith. Wonder if he'll try and shoehorn Petkov back in though.

Edited by C. Muir

Lyon said to someone he was hoping to "run off" whatever it was when he was leaving the stadium last week so hoping he makes it.  Been superb in recent weeks and the biggest compliment to give him is he is keeping last year's player of the season on the bench.  Admittedly Cuddihy has been carrying injury for a part.      

Would agree that the only change I would make would be Johnston for Smith given that we will need more creativity this week to break down a team less likely to come at us as perhaps others have.  

Convincing 2-0 win for The Bully.. next 
this wont do over confidence please edit your post to say
all games in this league are so tough we are not here to compete with .......... fill in team as appropriate
oh and dont miss estabilished league 1 team whatever that means [emoji23]

Fair play to him, he looks like he has made RB spot his own, a nice problem to have with Cuddihy also strong in this position and I would have no problem with either playing there or in midfield.
agree he has been great at right back , apart from johnstone coming in for smith would go with the same team.