Clyde vs Stranraer

Clyde fans starting to get ahead of themselves after one win against the leagues worst team. The only way Clyde will do anything of note this season is if they keep Goodwillie fit. Much like QOTS with dobbie, you are pretty much a one man team

arent we such a sympathetic bunch , who gives a toss about whether stranraer feel hard done by . excellent performance from the entire team good finish from smith . All about building on our recent run of results
Our best eleven when fit are a match for any team in this league the squad still looks a little light especially in terms of central defence

fantastic game on saturday and as said lets just enjoy it [emoji106]

3 hours ago, Aufc said:

Clyde fans starting to get ahead of themselves after one win against the leagues worst team. The only way Clyde will do anything of note this season is if they keep Goodwillie fit. Much like QOTS with dobbie, you are pretty much a one man team

If anyone is getting ahead of themselves its not just because of Saturdays result. Before that we beat Falkirk, should've won at Forfar after absolutely dominating and came from 2-0 down to put a full time team a league above us out the cup. If the last 4 games isn't grounds for optimism then let's just close the doors.

Edited by C. Muir

4 minutes ago, C. Muir said:

If anyone is getting ahead of themselves its not just because of Saturdays result. Before that we beat Falkirk, should've won at Forfar after absolutely dominating and came from 2-0 down to put a full time team a league above us out the cup.

Aye but Airdrie beat Bohemians from the Champions League of Ireland so they are the best team ever now.

5 hours ago, Aufc said:

Don't agree, Goodwillie is very well serviced, as he alluded to in a post match interview. He has got some very good players behind him: who I might add played a pivotal role in getting the club promoted.

Edited by TheBigGuy

11 hours ago, Clyde01 said:

Don’t understand how that first pen incident can be a red card but the keeper completely wiping out Goodwillie for the third pen isn’t.

Got to say the referee kinda killed the game as a spectacle in 1 if not 2 decisions.  Penalty probably: red card probably not.  As a Clyde fan it was like a reserve / training / exhibition game, but I took much more pride from the  narrow wins over QOS last week, or P/heid away last season, or 2nd leg play-off against Annan. 

Excellent performance from Clyde but Stranraer were one of the poorest sides I've seen at Broadwood. We scored 6 but easily could have had another 2 or 3.

Thought a red card was harsh for the first pen. Second was surprised it was given and third I couldn't see any reason for the retake. The last goal was ridiculous with Goodwillie doing some keepy ups in the box between to Stranraer defenders before scoring.

Decent crowd as well 753 a few years ago and it would have been about 500 for a game against Stranraer. Hopefully it stays that way.

12 hours ago, Clyde01 said:

Don’t understand how that first pen incident can be a red card but the keeper completely wiping out Goodwillie for the third pen isn’t.

Rules states if try to play the ball its a yellow card but if there is no attempt to play the ball then its a red. Technically the ref got both these right! Stupid rules but correctly interpreted

Not convinced the first was a sending off and the third looks soft but ref was in a perfect position to see whatever it was that made Grant go down like that. 

Either way, the refs decisions made no real difference to the game. 

From the first whistle we were all over them like a rash and it looked like only a matter of time before we'd score the first. 

9 hours ago, Aufc said:

Forgetting we beat promotion favourites Falkirk are we? 

Getting a draw away at Forfar is a result I'm sure plenty would take never mind a team just promoted into the league. 

Had a slow start but the league is starting to see what we're about now. 

Goodie is a fantastic player for us but it's Danny Lennon we need to keep fit more than anyone else 😂

Don't agree, Goodwillie is very well serviced, as he alluded to in a post match interview. He has got some very good players behind him: who I might add played a pivotal role in getting the club promoted.

Promoted from league 2. Nothing to shout about.

Forgetting we beat promotion favourites Falkirk are we? 
Getting a draw away at Forfar is a result I'm sure plenty would take never mind a team just promoted into the league. 
Had a slow start but the league is starting to see what we're about now. 
Goodie is a fantastic player for us but it's Danny Lennon we need to keep fit more than anyone else [emoji23]

The league were always aware that you have arguably the best player in the league. You finally have him fit. It is no co-incidence that now he is fit you are doing better. However some of your fans are talking about getting promoted off the back of pumping stranraer who are fucking hopeless.

If goodwillie gets injured then you will struggle

3 minutes ago, Aufc said:

The league were always aware that you have arguably the best player in the league. You finally have him fit. It is no co-incidence that now he is fit you are doing better. However some of your fans are talking about getting promoted off the back of pumping stranraer who are fucking hopeless.

If goodwillie gets injured then you will struggle

Could say the same about any team, lose you best player and you'll be in trouble. 

Point is theres a lot of other great players around him who are young and getting better all the time. 

He wasn't the only really good player on Saturday, Johnston was a constant nightmare on the wing, McStay can go by a whole midfield himself, Grant is the Scottish Pirlo and won the 2nd penalty. 

Could say the same about any team, lose you best player and you'll be in trouble. 
Point is theres a lot of other great players around him who are young and getting better all the time. 
He wasn't the only really good player on Saturday, Johnston was a constant nightmare on the wing, McStay can go by a whole midfield himself, Grant is the Scottish Pirlo and won the 2nd penalty. 

I would say Airdrie dont have one particular outstanding player who makes a huge difference every game. It is the same for most teams at this level. Goodwillie is a game changer who is only playing for you because teams wont touch him. Take him out your team then you will struggle. I don’t think that is particularly controversial?

2 minutes ago, Aufc said:

You misunderstood. Great effort getting promoted but it is a step up to league 1

We knew it was a step up but we've got a great management team and a good set of players that are stepping up and adapting. We had a tough start but it's a learning process as we play out the season I believe we have the tools to have a good season. 

Goddie was injured for a lengthy period last season and the league still went down to the wire. Yes hes a massive player for us but we have other players and another talented striker out injured.

Piss off back to the Clydebank sorry Airdrie United page....oh wait

Oh dear

On 14/09/2019 at 22:50, RutherGlen said:

Were there any Stranraer fans at the game today? I know they didn't have much to cheer about but I didn't hear a peep the entire game - including their goal! Was so surreal I ended up momentarily applauding out of embarrassment/confusion.

One Stranraer fan I heard say "oh no, not him!!" when one of the subs came on.