Video To Pc

Stu

Is it possible to transfer stuff from video tapes to my PC? If so, what do I need to add to my pc to make this possible?

Either a graphics card with a tv-tuner/video input on it, or a seperate tv card.

Alternativly you can get all singing all dancing boxes which you can plug almost anything into. Not sure how they connect to the PC though :unsure:

Best bet is a PCI tv card - Ruggy and I had an informed and intelligent (honestly B) ) conversation about them on here a while ago if you can be bothered searching for it ;)

Either a graphics card with a tv-tuner/video input on it, or a seperate tv card.

Alternativly you can get all singing all dancing boxes which you can plug almost anything into. Not sure how they connect to the PC though :unsure:

Best bet is a PCI tv card - Ruggy and I had an informed and intelligent (honestly B) ) conversation about them on here a while ago if you can be bothered searching for it ;)

Seems a bit too much like hard work to me. Can you get TV cards that fit into USB ports?

Ive never seen one if you can.

However, this could be right up your alley ;)

I havent found any super-duper boxes, but I'll post here if I do.

Thats the sort of thing, I'm not bothered about taking stuff from the tv, just video. Dunno if mine has all thos sockets on the back, would assume so.

Cheers :)

Thats the sort of thing, I'm not bothered about taking stuff from the tv, just video. Dunno if mine has all thos sockets on the back, would assume so.

Cheers :)

Not necessarily. Not many video recorders have an S-video out, or even composite outs (the red/white/yellow ones)

If not, you can get a scart to composite adapter pretty cheap ;)

Edited to add - if that price is a bit steep, have a look on ebay. There seems to be a few around on thre

How do you know if your card has TV input? Also what kind of cable do you need to link it? I need some video stuff for a presentation you see.

Are you familiar with a "t...v..."? or tel....e...vision as they are sometimes known?

If so, a graphics card with a "t...v..." input will have the same plug on the back for whats known as the a..ri...al. (its the metally bit that sits on the roof ;) )

Here to help B)

PS Sorry about the sarcasm, just couldnt resist :lol::lol:

Right, I have a video recorder and I think a graphics card with a connection for the video to be linked up to but no (like) seperate TV card in the machine. Is that enough or do you need a TV card in the PC?

Right, I have a video recorder and I think a graphics card with a connection for the video to be linked up to but no (like) seperate TV card in the machine. Is that enough or do you need a TV card in the PC?

If youre graphics card has a TV input then you dont need a seperate TV card.

Next your going to ask for software. I have to confess that I havent really begun to look at video capturing software yet!

Edited to add - a quick google search for video capture seems to turn up lots though ;)

If youre graphics card has a TV input then you dont need a seperate TV card.

Next your going to ask for software. I have to confess that I havent really begun to look at video capturing software yet!

Archived