St Mirren v Hearts

25 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Do the other teams who get injuries continue to perform well?  Usually the answer is no.  Aberdeen have loads just now and they are toiling as well.  Not one team in the league could lose 7 first choice players and not suffer. 

We should still be performing better, absolutely but saying injuries don't matter is stupid.

I think what he is getting at is the never ending banging on about injuries from some Hearts fans (and fannies like biscuits on Sportsound).

We could all play that game - 

Off the top of my head, we have had or currently have the following - Gray, Stevenson, James, Jackson, McGregor, Porteous, Slivka, Boyle - injured this season so far.

Six are defenders, and as well as Heckinbothams crap tactics this has unquestionably had an impact on our goals against column.

So, as Levein says to Budge - suck it up.

51 minutes ago, Green Day said:

I think what he is getting at is the never ending banging on about injuries from some Hearts fans (and fannies like biscuits on Sportsound).

We could all play that game - 

Off the top of my head, we have had or currently have the following - Gray, Stevenson, James, Jackson, McGregor, Porteous, Slivka, Boyle - injured this season so far.

Six are defenders, and as well as Heckinbothams crap tactics this has unquestionably had an impact on our goals against column.

So, as Levein says to Budge - suck it up.

As I said, other teams get injuries and it impacts them as well.  It's not a get out, but it's valid to point out it has an effect.

Naismith is injured half the season because he's now a crock. Not saying that we shouldn't have signed him because if he plays half the games then its arguably worth it. 

Haring was played too much when he was carrying an injury. That's Levein's fault and he has admitted as much. Again, not saying that playing him unfit in the cup final wasn't worth a gamble but it did backfire.

We've had a lot bad luck with injuries but some of it has been down to management decisions as well. 

2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Our sole problem at the moment is the centre forward void. We are not perfect by any means in all other areas but we are very solid in most positions  and have looked as strong as we have done in several years until you look at the final third. 

I can't agree. The problem isn't the centre forwards, it is the lack of quality in the creative play. 

I think the way the squad was build St Mirren are supposed to play on the counter. They defend deep and when the get the ball the intention is to play it down the channels to players who have got pace. We saw it plenty of times down the right hand side yesterday when McGinn would play the ball down the channel for Magennis but nowhere near enough on the other side from Watters to Durmas. On the right hand side the quality of crossing was shockingly poor. Neither McGinn or Magennis managed to put a tempting cross ball into the box all game long yesterday. On the left, the only time Durmas got the ball in an area where he could hurt the opposition he would have looked up to see Obika and Mullen 20 yards off the pace behind him - he landed up trying to buy a corner and failed. It was poor stuff. 

Morais looks to me like he wants to play facing the goal. He'd tell his team mates he wanted it in behind the Hearts defence and there were a few occasions where he made the run to get in behind, only for the pass to fall short leaving him playing with his back to goal . The only time Morais got the ball he wanted he got one on one with the Hearts defender and messed it up. 

Don't get me wrong, before the game yesterday I would have taken a point against Hearts and called it a good result but the way the game transpired I thought they were there for taking. Foley seemed to have two of the best chances in great positions but for some reason he opted to lay the ball off to team mates in a worse position. 

Hearts weren't great at all but they had the better opportunities. 

12 hours ago, Lola montez said:

Tommo seems to have ideas on how to turn Morias into a goal scorer, can he not get involved in training? 

Should get them together.  Maybe Morais could have ideas on how to turn Thommo into a decent broadcaster.

14 hours ago, Lola montez said:

Tommo seems to have ideas on how to turn Morias into a goal scorer, can he not get involved in training? 

I'd like to see it. Thommo seems to have no real ambition in this area, though, does he? Maybe he could come and be consultant for a bit. AFAIK we've not had any specific striking experience on our coaching staff for quite a long time.

Edit: trying to think of the last striker on our coaching staff... Big Mixu?

Edited by Coventry Saint

6 minutes ago, Empty It said:
2 hours ago, alang1993 said:
Still got that Obika song stuck in my head emoji38.png

I want to sign him just for a chance at a sing song, went on for ages.

Imagine what it will be like if he ever scores a goal.🙄