Officials

Craig23

We dont mind getting beat in a game but i think the SFA and SJFA should train the referee and other officials on how to treat the severity of injuries. One of the Whitburn Juniors players had a collision with an opposition player and now has 2 breaks in his leg the referee allowed play to resume and Dundee North End scored there 4th goal. The player was still down and instead of rushing quickly to the injured player the referee slowly walked up to him then  waved on the physio and  walked over player and walked away too give 2 players a roy for drinking water off the pitch then went back to the injuredplayer and said he needs to be moved from the pitch. The referee should have kept the injured player where he was incase of further injury and let the the emergency services deal with it. The  referee yesterday was also calling players by there firstname so if he knows them he should not have be aloud to referee the match. If anyone has any disagreements with my statement the match was filmed but people from Dundee North End's club so you could ask them to see the video. On another note i would like to thank the Dundee North End's officials for helping the injured player from Whitburn also the Dundee North End's officials and members of the club could have not been any more friendly and helpful. 

10 hours ago, Craig23 said:

We dont mind getting beat in a game but i think the SFA and SJFA should train the referee and other officials on how to treat the severity of injuries. One of the Whitburn Juniors players had a collision with an opposition player and now has 2 breaks in his leg the referee allowed play to resume and Dundee North End scored there 4th goal. The player was still down and instead of rushing quickly to the injured player the referee slowly walked up to him then  waved on the physio and  walked over player and walked away too give 2 players a roy for drinking water off the pitch then went back to the injuredplayer and said he needs to be moved from the pitch. The referee should have kept the injured player where he was incase of further injury and let the the emergency services deal with it. The  referee yesterday was also calling players by there firstname so if he knows them he should not have be aloud to referee the match. If anyone has any disagreements with my statement the match was filmed but people from Dundee North End's club so you could ask them to see the video. On another note i would like to thank the Dundee North End's officials for helping the injured player from Whitburn also the Dundee North End's officials and members of the club could have not been any more friendly and helpful. 

What a load of rubbish. 

The referee is only to stop the match for a serious injury or head injury. He’s not going to recognise a double leg break. It’s wrong to move him if the physio tells the ref there’s something really wrong here. 

The ref should speak to players and use their names, unbelievable that you’re inferring his use of names is in some way bias. 

11 hours ago, Craig23 said:

We dont mind getting beat in a game but i think the SFA and SJFA should train the referee and other officials on how to treat the severity of injuries. One of the Whitburn Juniors players had a collision with an opposition player and now has 2 breaks in his leg the referee allowed play to resume and Dundee North End scored there 4th goal. The player was still down and instead of rushing quickly to the injured player the referee slowly walked up to him then  waved on the physio and  walked over player and walked away too give 2 players a roy for drinking water off the pitch then went back to the injuredplayer and said he needs to be moved from the pitch. The referee should have kept the injured player where he was incase of further injury and let the the emergency services deal with it. The  referee yesterday was also calling players by there firstname so if he knows them he should not have be aloud to referee the match. If anyone has any disagreements with my statement the match was filmed but people from Dundee North End's club so you could ask them to see the video. 

Looking at the youtube highlights, I didn't realise there was someone down injured until the camera panned for the long ball, and clearly half the players didn't either as they played on.

If the referee and AR do not have comms then it's difficult for the referee to know once he's turned his back and the players aren't screaming about the injury.

Players shouldn't deliberately leave the field of play without the referees permission, and can be cautioned for it.

The ref is from Fife so about as neutral as you can get. He refereed North End last week and has probably done at another time in the past as well, might just be familiar with some of the players. Refs at the top level use first names.

1 hour ago, Cwelsh said:

Can someone tell me why there is 10 minutes of the game missing after the 4th goal looks like there is bits been cut out 

Yeah that's what happens when you have to fit a 90+ minute game into a 16 minute video...

Edited by Ginaro

4 hours ago, superbigal said:

Not a complaint from a single Burn player. 

I see no story here

Creating an account just to make this post (Twice I see) is odd to me as well.

Suppose everyone has to "start" somewhere

It may be odd to you but my statement that i made is correct 

6 hours ago, surely not! said:

Having watched the footage, Whitburn did well to only lose 4-1. Horrific. Hardly made a pass or tackle and lost challenge after challenge aerially

As you can see from the comment we don’t mind if we lost