Week 6

peasy23

The Patriots kept their perfect start going with a 35-14 win over the Giants, but it was a tighter match for the first 3 quarters than the final score might suggest.

The 49ers face their biggest test so far as they come off of a short week after last Monday's blowout win over the Browns with a trip to face the Rams. They will have to do it without Kyle Juszcyzk who is out for 4-6 weeks and has been vital to the success of the run game up til now. George Kittle has developed into one of the best Tight Ends in the league, but he is questionable for tomorrow too.

On 12/10/2019 at 14:07, peasy23 said:

The Patriots kept their perfect start going with a 35-14 win over the Giants, but it was a tighter match for the first 3 quarters than the final score might suggest.

The 49ers face their biggest test so far as they come off of a short week after last Monday's blowout win over the Browns with a trip to face the Rams. They will have to do it without Kyle Juszcyzk who is out for 4-6 weeks and has been vital to the success of the run game up til now. George Kittle has developed into one of the best Tight Ends in the league, but he is questionable for tomorrow too.

Intrigued to see the 9ers today. Their first real test. If Kittle plays he will go off, we are horrendous vs TEs. If I was shanny I'd be running the ball straight down the rams throats. 

On the other side, I think garopollo can be rattled. If we can shut down the run I think we will win handily. I dont think we can so it will likely be close. 

3 minutes ago, resk said:

Wtf is this? Free kick after a fair catch?

You always have the option. You don't even need any time left to take it.

It's rarely the best option though, which is why you rarely see them. Needs the perfect storm of: Very little / no time left and a punt from very deep with the ability to kick it out of bounds not really an option.

Expecting a drop-goal attempt in the second half now. I might be wrong here, but wasn’t the last drop-goal in the NFL called by Bill Belichick in the dying seconds of a Pats game, which was kicked by a Patriots player who was retiring and was playing in his final game? Maybe I imagined this.

Just now, lichtie23 said:

Looked like he would have made it from 65 if it was on target

I agree. There's no excuse for a modern NFL kicker missing the posts by so much with absolutely no pressure from 60 yards.

There hasn't been a successful kick since 1976 - i reckon that plays on kickers minds.