Ayr United vs Partick Thistle

38 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

What can you do , club installed 4 ticket tills , most other clubs have 2 , what could the club have done ??? Tickets sales online don’t  close , explain to me how the club could have known how many fans were turning up without a ticket ? and what they could do in a 45 minute timescale , something constructive would be appreciated that the club could realistically install 

The club don't know how many Partick fans were turning up but they did know a significant number were turning up without tickets.

I couldn't offer suggestions as I've no idea how the system operates in the portacabins prematch, I just don't think it's great pissing off paying customers and shrugging our shoulders about it.

There may well have been extenuating circumstances but it's surely Ayr's job to find fixes that pre-empt situations that might arise, yesterday wasn't sprung on us at half 2, we did know a significant number of people were arriving to purchase tickets.

3 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Folks

There seems to be a few folks who are very critical of our ticket system without giving recommendations on what to do differently, I would appreciate if you have any thoughts on how it could be improved at realistic cost , if you could post on here I am willing to take suggestions to board to be considered , even better if you could contact the club supporters liaison manager I am sure he would raise them also for you 

Oh come on, you don’t need suggestions.  The answer has been given.  Just employ 50 people and open the club shop 24x7.

6 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Folks

There seems to be a few folks who are very critical of our ticket system without giving recommendations on what to do differently, I would appreciate if you have any thoughts on how it could be improved at realistic cost , if you could post on here I am willing to take suggestions to board to be considered , even better if you could contact the club supporters liaison manager I am sure he would raise them also for you 

Excellent post Robbo63

2 hours ago, Robbo63 said:

Great team performance yesterday , very hard to pick MoM ( did I miss the announcement?

I've noticed this at most home games this season, either the tannoy isnt working (on the North terracing) or we have stopped announcing it.

28 minutes ago, HMIP said:

Oh come on, you don’t need suggestions.  The answer has been given.  Just employ 50 people and open the club shop 24x7.

That would still not satisfy  some people 

Edited by Robbo63

50 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

700 people turn up 30 mins before kick off , takes approx 45sec transaction time , order .print.cash transaction.and handover , that takes approx 5 hours work , 4 tills over an hours each ( only 30 mins to kick off )  that means we would need about 9 tills selling tickets for  30 mins , no club would have  9 selling points 30mins prior to kick off , there is plenty of options on how to get a ticket , I totally understand walk up on the day and none techno people who need accommodated , but nearly 800 out of a 2500 crowd !!!!!  which includes nearly 1000 season ticket holders , that’s saying nearly 50% of paying customers yesterday paid at the ground prior to game , give the club some credit , most away teams so far have said it’s the best ticketing system , in the league , mostly as they can get ticket to phone instantly 

Open a cash gate or pre print a few hundred tickets if the system allows, rocket science wasn't required yesterday, just a bit of common sense. Missed the 1st goal through my choice to arrive late, there were loads of Partick fans still queueing at that point, not good enough when you know the majority of Partick fans haven't bought a ticket.

29 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

The club don't know how many Partick fans were turning up but they did know a significant number were turning up without tickets.

I couldn't offer suggestions as I've no idea how the system operates in the portacabins prematch, I just don't think it's great pissing off paying customers and shrugging our shoulders about it.

There may well have been extenuating circumstances but it's surely Ayr's job to find fixes that pre-empt situations that might arise, yesterday wasn't sprung on us at half 2, we did know a significant number of people were arriving to purchase tickets.

System works easy people walk up , pay for ticket and go to ground , system is that simple , the question I asked was how can you process 700 people within a 30 minute window ?? Without having 9 tills , can you tell me where we get the infrastructure to install 6 tills at short notice , the club done about everything they could at the given time , ticket office was open from 12 , a great number of Thistle  fans were in local pubs , some just a minute walk to ground but still chose to come at 2.45 for tickets , get ticket go to pub is an option like a number of home fans do on a Saturday morning 

8 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

1 hour ago, Robbo63 said:

700 people turn up 30 mins before kick off , takes approx 45sec transaction time , order .print.cash transaction.and handover , that takes approx 5 hours work , 4 tills over an hours each ( only 30 mins to kick off )  that means we would need about 9 tills selling tickets for  30 mins , no club would have  9 selling points 30mins prior to kick off , there is plenty of options on how to get a ticket , I totally understand walk up on the day and none techno people who need accommodated , but nearly 800 out of a 2500 crowd !!!!!  which includes nearly 1000 season ticket holders , that’s saying nearly 50% of paying customers yesterday paid at the ground prior to game , give the club some credit , most away teams so far have said it’s the best ticketing system , in the league , mostly as they can get ticket to phone instantly 

Open a cash gate or pre print a few hundred tickets if the system

Open a cash get is not an option , but admit your 2nd point should be implemented and would certainly ease congestion ,that should be achievable very easily, and would have helped considerably yesterday 

50 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Folks

You can't find a solution until you know the cause of the issue. Like most businesses would do, would it not be an idea to get the supporters liaison manager to do what they can to get a bit of feedback from the Thistle supporters who did not buy tickets and ask them why they did not buy tickets? For example, was it poor communication on Thistle's website? Ayr's website? Unclear what the situation was? Couldn't work the website? etc. Then I'm sure the solution will be a lot clearer.

I refuse to believe that 500 Thistle fans would go to the effort of travelling to Ayr but then not be bothered to spend 30 seconds on their phone to buy one online to skip a huge queue. I also don't believe the difference in IQ between Thistle and Dundee Utd fans is such that it would result in few issues at the Dundee Utd game but huge issues here. The defensive attitude of the majority of Ayr fans is typical of the attitude that I think most fans would have in defence of their club, however any business which blames their customers for being too stupid or lazy and has a 'f**k them' attitude is taking a risky stance. Not saying that is the club's official stance, but certainly seems to be the view of most supporters.

Edited by Diamonds are Forever

I'm going to make one comment on the queuing pre-match.

Honestly, if I was queuing (fortunately don't have to as I have my season ticket) would you not just buy a ticket on your phone? I don't see it being that difficult. We will always have those who don't have the means or technical know how for that and they will have to buy a physical ticket. However, I would guess 90% of those who were queuing would be able to use their phone to buy a ticket. Maybe we should put out A4 signs on cones at the queue advising the link to buy the tickets online?

Edited by Trogdor

1 minute ago, Robbo63 said:

Open a cash get is not an option , but admit your 2nd point should be implemented and would certainly ease congestion ,that should be achievable very easily, and would have helped considerably yesterday 

A cash gate should have been an option yesterday as Ayr knew they were fucked long before fans started arriving, that's not a ticketing issue, that's an attitude problem.

3 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

A cash gate should have been an option yesterday as Ayr knew they were fucked long before fans started arriving, that's not a ticketing issue, that's an attitude problem.

Cash gate not an option , club did not know that fans without a ticket were all going to turn up after 2.30 , can’t blame club for that , pre printing tickets suggested earlier is the only action I believe the club could have taken yesterday , a number of fans had many other options , fans without the knowledge, equipment or walk up on the day would have been accommodated easily enough 

Edited by Robbo63

3 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Cash gate not an option , club did not know that fans without a ticket were all going to turn up after 2.30 

Any more than 160 after half 2 was going to f**k it up, to claim Ayr didn't know is pretty poor Imo.

Just now, Trogdor said:

I take it the ticket system is getting the ire as there is nothing to moan about on the pitch? 🤣

Correct , I have checked a number of posters , when we were losing they were complaining about team and now that we won are actually moaning about the ticket system even though they were not effected