Next Falkirk Manager

1 hour ago, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

Quick question for us outsiders...

I saw in his interview yesterday Ray (Must Stay) mentioned that you have 4 players out of contract in January. He seemed to be almost 'pleased' about that, or have I read this wrong? Who are the players and are the likely to stay? Cheers!

Best data I can find is six contracts expiring....Toshney, Leitch, Miller, Johnson, Longridge and Moore. I would expect Longridge would be kept, he was near the sole highlight of the last game, so not sure who of the other five he means. Hopefully some Falkirk expert can clarify.

51 minutes ago, BooBairn said:

Some shocking shouts so far... would be interested to hear who genuinely could be a good shout and would be keen...

Think that's the issue, certainly in terms of known names and the usual Scottish merry-go-round, it's extremely slim pickings - the likes of Canning, McIntyre don't fill me with any more enthusiasm than McKinnon, or the usual names being chucked about simply because they have a Falkirk connection in the past. The biggest problem is the level of football knowledge in the boardroom which probably precludes us looking outside the box and further afield. Lex Miller is still overseeing "Football Operations" I suppose. God help us, just keep Ray and hope for the best.

Thing is, only those involved in hiring the last few managers understand the criteria that swung it their way. There have to be things where they can reflect and say “Oh shit, we never thought about X” or “A bit of digging, and we wouldn’t have hired Y”.
If they stick with a formula that has proven to fail repeatedly, then we get another smooth talking dud.
I mentioned before that Alloa seem to have a way of hiring managers that is far superior to what our top table utilises. Someone at TFS needs to work out what it is and adopt it.