Ayr United v Alloa Athletic

A much needed 3 points today! I was calling for Kerr's head after Arbroath, and I stand by that. The performances had been rank rotten. Today though we looked like the Ayr United we've been used to seeing. McCowan and Forrest playing well, passing it about, winning the 2nd ball. On another day we could have scored 5. I'm no manager, but surely it's not that difficult to motivate the players to keep doing what they've been doing previously? Same players. Same ability. Hopefully that gets some more fans back for QotS in a couple weeks, and it certainly makes me more optimistic for Dundee United away next week! COYA!
If you were calling for his head then you can't stand by that. That would've been far too quick to pull the trigger on a new manager.

Starting to seriously question whether or not he's right for the job, absolutely. But anyone who actually wanted him sacked after Tuesday is mental.

29 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Kerr admitting there that he got it wrong on Tuesday night and wished he hadn't over thought his team selection so much. At least he learnt from that quickly and got the win today. 

At the risk of ending up on the wrong side of the ego massaging/ best poster / worst poster w@nkathon, it didn't take a rocket scientist to see the level of overthinking from Tuesday, which apparently was scuppered / went to rat sh!t by losing the coin toss. Just wow.

Kerr's showing his extreme naivety by even publically admitting he got it wrong, sometimes you just learn from your mistakes and move on. I'm all for full and frank interviews from managers pre and post match, but sometimes there's just a time to nod, say the right things and move on.

4 points out of 6 from these 2 games is bang average and that's probably an indication of a regression to the mean. We'll take 6th or 7th at the end of the season and on balance be glad of it.

Stick to the blueprint McCall created and left us with, it gets the best out of a threadbare squad. It isn't honestly that difficult.

1 minute ago, BukyOHare said:

At the risk of ending up on the wrong side of the ego massaging/ best poster / worst poster w@nkathon, it didn't take a rocket scientist to see the level of overthinking from Tuesday, which apparently was scuppered / went to rat sh!t by losing the coin toss. Just wow.

Kerr's showing his extreme naivety by even publically admitting he got it wrong, sometimes you just learn from your mistakes and move on. I'm all for full and frank interviews from managers pre and post match, but sometimes there's just a time to nod, say the right things and move on.

4 points out of 6 from these 2 games is bang average and that's probably an indication of a regression to the mean. We'll take 6th or 7th at the end of the season and on balance be glad of it.

Stick to the blueprint McCall created and left us with, it gets the best out of a threadbare squad. It isn't honestly that difficult.

Theres nothing wrong with him admitting he made an error. He's trying to take the heat off his players and show that he is learning and needs people to be patient. 

If its not that difficult i'm sure we could all manage the team. 

It’s hardly naive to admit the obvious.
Literally nothing wrong with a bit of reflection of his own performance.

Pretty decent performance from us. 2-1 flattered a really poor Alloa side. Poor finishing and a good goalkeeping display from Jamie MacDonald kept the score line down. 

The 4-3-3 formation is the one we should play for the rest of the season. It clearly gets the best out of our attacking players and going forward we are really good to watch. 

If I was an Alloa fan I’d be really worried. Looked a considerably poorer side than last season. Need a few loans of Dario Zanattas calibre in January or you’re going down.

35 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

If you were calling for his head then you can't stand by that. That would've been far too quick to pull the trigger on a new manager.

Starting to seriously question whether or not he's right for the job, absolutely. But anyone who actually wanted him sacked after Tuesday is mental.

I don’t think he should be sacked however I don’t think he should of been appointed in the first place and I stick by that. It’s going to take more than a win against Alloa to change my opinion on that but it’s a start. 

6 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

It’s hardly naive to admit the obvious.
Literally nothing wrong with a bit of reflection of his own performance.

Everybody knows he's learning. That was proven by the headscratching team selection from the other night, which didn't go without comment from within the dressing room along with terracing, I'd have thought.

There's a time just to keep quiet, this undoubtedly was one of them. Self reflect,  just not on AUTV.

Edited by BukyOHare

I don’t think he should be sacked however I don’t think he should of been appointed in the first place and I stick by that. It’s going to take more than a win against Alloa to change my opinion on that but it’s a start. 
That's a perfect valid opinion, and let's face it we won't know if it was the correct decision for a couple of months yet.

I'd say there's been some really positive signs but also some very worrying ones as well.

I stand by that, on Tuesday, I thought that it was time for Kerr to hold his hands up and admit he wasn't ready for management (which was obviously never going to happen) due to the numerous woeful performances before and including Arbroath. Tuesday night and this afternoon were worlds apart. Despite the weather, I thought Tuesday was our worst performance in years. Today for the most part was a pleasure to watch. I'm behind Kerr if he doesn't fix what isn't broken, and today that's what he did.

I stand by that, on Tuesday, I thought that it was time for Kerr to hold his hands up and admit he wasn't ready for management (which was obviously never going to happen) due to the numerous woeful performances before and including Arbroath. Tuesday night and this afternoon were worlds apart. Despite the weather, I thought Tuesday was our worst performance in years. Today for the most part was a pleasure to watch. I'm behind Kerr if he doesn't fix what isn't broken, and today that's what he did.

Numerous woeful performances is a bit much isn’t it?

4 games? That’s all.

The real test lies next week and we’ve really nothing to lose. Dundee Utd will be expected to turn us over and that’s usually when we surprise folk.

Numerous woeful performances is a bit much isn’t it?

4 games? That’s all.

The real test lies next week and we’ve really nothing to lose. Dundee Utd will be expected to turn us over and that’s usually when we surprise folk.
My issue is that we looked like a totally different team, back to the old days of hoof ball, with no fight. It made me sad. As I said, today it was great to see us back to old ways, and long may it continue!

My issue is that we looked like a totally different team, back to the old days of hoof ball, with no fight. It made me sad. As I said, today it was great to see us back to old ways, and long may it continue!

I’ll admit we were poor but in 3 of those games Kerr made enforced changes from our preference formation.

I don’t get why people are saying Kerr is trying to change what was working though. He’s said the foundations for us is a 4-3-3 built on passing. When we’ve got the players for that then we’ll play it.

My biggest concern is still our defence. We looked fine today but a suicide pass at the death nearly cost us 2 points. We’ve not exactly regressed defensively as imo we were never great this season but that’s still our biggest weak point.

43 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

This page of the thread is a perfect example of showing how frustrating/difficult it must be being employed in football. Several fans delighted with the interview, then someone with a completely contrasting view criticising it. It’s impossible to win with a football fan base.

20 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Also when I was in the queue to get in, the turnstile operator told a guy that she could take cash! Wonder if the club has been snooping on here at all the “complaints” 

Sounds like a turnstile operator pocketing some of the club’s cash.

@Robbo63 what are your thoughts on this?

I’ll admit we were poor but in 3 of those games Kerr made enforced changes from our preference formation.

I don’t get why people are saying Kerr is trying to change what was working though. He’s said the foundations for us is a 4-3-3 built on passing. When we’ve got the players for that then we’ll play it.

My biggest concern is still our defence. We looked fine today but a suicide pass at the death nearly cost us 2 points. We’ve not exactly regressed defensively as imo we were never great this season but that’s still our biggest weak point.

The loss of Rose and Smith were massive and neither has been replaced to their level.

4 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

This page of the thread is a perfect example of showing how frustrating/difficult it must be being employed in football. Several fans delighted with the interview, then someone with a completely contrasting view criticising it. It’s impossible to win with a football fan base.

Sounds like a turnstile operator pocketing some of the club’s cash.

@Robbo63 what are your thoughts on this?

Tend to agree with your thoughts , they know entry is by ticket only , poor that people need to steal from the club if that was the case