ICT v DAFC

I take it the excitement is too much for anyone there to give us a flavour of the game so far? By the sounds of the radio report, Inverness have had the most of the ball but Nisbet has had 2 good chances on the break? Seems our defence are a bit of a shambles again with the goal and the near own goal too?

That was absolute torture, ashy had another nightmare. As much as devine rightly gets slaughtered on the regular he's been the better of the two recently. Lewis McCann had an absolute shocker and Kyle Turner was anonymous when he came on. Nisbet missed 2 absolutely great chances in the first half, an all round piss poor performance. Paton ripping the armband off and wanting a square go with an away fan at the end was the highlight for me.

Ash and Devine is a toxic partnership.

I didn't see the game today but last week at Dundee was the worst defending I've seen. Shocked to see Stevie start with the exact same back four. Ash was an absolute disaster last week but he and Martin had been very good together previously as a centre back partnership, even Martin & Devine against Morton were good. Hopefully he has finally learned a lesson today.

Our problems go deeper than just the CB's though.  Think we are too quick to sit deep and aim to counter attack when we take the lead in any game  or generally away from home. We're just a bit too cautious and rely on Nesbit, Kiltie and Dow on the counter attack too much.

Still think we can improve under Stevie but the last two games show that we still have a long way to go to start thinking about promotion through any route.

A very run of the mill victory against a poor, unthreatening Dunfermline side. 

Robbo really needs to stop playing Storey on the right. It's like playing with a man down. 

On 16/12/2019 at 12:14, DAFC. said:

Someone had to start it.

I genuinely can't think of an occasion, bar one, where we've picked up more than 3 points away to Inverness. Can someone correct me? 

Tough game again for us. I'd be delighted with a draw. 

Good win for the Caley boys, but at the end of the day, it's still only 3 points.

. Shocked to see Stevie start with the exact same back four.

Doesn’t really have much choice unfortunately, only alternative he has is to play Edwards which you can’t really blame him for avoiding considering he has been our worst defender just about every game he’s played.

Devine isn’t great and he brings out the worst in Ashcroft but until Lang or Murray are declared fit(it was good to see Lang on the bench) then we’re going to be vulnerable either out wide or centrally depending on where Martin goes.

54 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Doesn’t really have much choice unfortunately, only alternative he has is to play Edwards which you can’t really blame him for avoiding considering he has been our worst defender just about every game he’s played.

Devine isn’t great and he brings out the worst in Ashcroft but until Lang or Murray are declared fit(it was good to see Lang on the bench) then we’re going to be vulnerable either out wide or centrally depending on where Martin goes.

Yeah, understand what you are saying but for me after watching last week it had to be Martin and another out of Devine or Ashcroft, as they just can't play together. They bring the worse out of each other. Edwards has not been great lately but I would rather have a weak link at left back than two blundering centre backs. 

Like you say though, Lang on the bench today and Murray back in January will hopefully bring further options and a stronger back four.

Not really sure what to think about that. It was an easy 2 - 0 win and I didn't feel overly threatened by Dunfermline however Ridgers did have to look alert to pull off a couple of fine saves to stop Nisbet scoring and it could have been very different. We probably played better against Partick Thistle last week, created more chances and got pumped. Yesterday we didn't look that good for large parts of the game and struggled to really get things going in the final third but we win.

It's a funny old game.