Treble Winners (Celtic) v Sheep worriers (Aberdeen)

5 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

A team that is one goal behind goes down to 10 men, and you confidently say that that decision didn’t change the result. I like your confidence.

Celtic score most of their goals in the last half hour of games, Aberdeen created absolutely nothing in the second half the game isn't rocket science.

Just now, wastecoatwilly said:

Celtic score most of their goals in the last half hour of games, Aberdeen created absolutely nothing in the second half the game isn't rocket science.

It probably didn’t change the result, but given the circumstances, you can’t say it definitely didn’t. (Well obviously you can say it, but you really shouldn’t)

He was off the ground and reckless, a clear red. If a celtic player had made that tackle then the Aberdeen fans would've been screaming for a red.

Just another typical oafish tackle from Cosgrove. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
Spoiler

That's a pretty brutal decision. If Scott Brown had made that in midfield, would that have been a red card ? 

Almost certainly not. 

I'm not saying it would have any influence on the result, but Aberdeen MUST appeal that. 

A joke. 

10 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

You could almost make an argument for excessive force but I think that’s a very harsh red.

Celtic fans are surely capable of realising that a red is far more likely to go in celtics favour at Celtic park, there is no way eduoard goes off for the same at the other end.

It’s fairly immaterial to the result anyway, sounds like 2-1 flattered us.

The thing is French Eddie doesn't make tackles like that,Cosgrove is asking the ref to make a decision and Ajer knows hes coming in.
For me it's naive and reckless from Cosgrove in a nothing part of the pitch.

Guest Bob Mahelp

I've watched that tackle 4 times, and I can't see what in the slightest was malicious or violent about it. It wasn't a Porteous, or a Brown.

Somebody give me some reasonable suggestion as to why that should be a red card. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
Just now, wastecoatwilly said:

The thing is French Eddie doesn't make tackles like that,Cosgrove is asking the ref to make a decision and Ajer knows hes coming in.

Again, not a reason for a red card.

Try harder. 

12 minutes ago, bennett said:

He was off the ground and reckless, a clear red. If a celtic player had made that tackle then the Aberdeen fans would've been screaming for a red.

Just another typical oafish tackle from Cosgrove. 

You do realise that, in the Laws Of The Game, fans screaming for a red card doesn’t actually mean that it is a red card?

10 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

It sounds as if you’re implying that Ajer was play acting. 

1 minute ago, kingjoey said:

You do realise that, in the Laws Of The Game, fans screaming for a red card doesn’t actually mean that it is a red card?

Yes I do and it was a red card. I'd have loved them to have dropped points today but I'm not going to pretend that Cosgrove didn't deserve a red.

Red tinted glasses Joey.

You do realise in the laws of the game a reckless challenge can be a red even if the fans are screaming for it?

6 minutes ago, bennett said:

Yes I do and it was a red card. I'd have loved them to have dropped points today but I'm not going to pretend that Cosgrove didn't deserve a red.

Red tinted glasses Joey.

My glasses are working perfectly well, and I can see the incident for what it is, a throw in.

7 minutes ago, Romeo said:
11 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

You do realise in the laws of the game a reckless challenge can be a red even if the fans are screaming for it?

Yes I do. But that’s not what your old mate Bennett was saying.

Watched the replays and Cosgrove won the ball clean as a whistle and pretty textbook technique. No stray legs kicking out after winning the ball.

Yes it was at pace but no way is he out of control, reckless or dangerous.

Have to appeal that surely? 

Edited by big al