App/Website to Search all Firestick apps

Bully Wee Villa

On the Firestick there are loads of film apps, and quite a few of them are free.

However, if you have downloaded a number of them, and search for a film using the Firestick search option, it won't search in these apps.

It will give you the choice of viewing it on Prime (sometimes free, sometimes not), subscribing to some channel or other or looking for it on YouTube for you.

Being a nerdish completionist, I am trying to watch the top 100 AFI films of all time. I know that lots of these, especially the really old ones, are hidden in some of these movie apps, but it's a pain in the arse searching through all the different apps one at a time. Especially as many of the apps don't even have an option to search by name.

So, basically, what I want to know is...  does anyone know of an app for Firestick or phone or even just a website where you can type in the name of a film and it will tell you if any of the Firestick apps have said film?

Apologies for the long query.

I dont but there are similar things called Sonarr and Radarr. However, these will go and search newsgroups and torrent sites and download the TV and films you're looking for.

Not really what you want but definitely worth checking out for anyone who's still downloading and a must have for anyone with their own Plex servers

42 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Ones that you can get on Firestick, without breaking it or doing  Kody type stuff. So legit, I think. 

Oh. I had no idea you were talking about legal stuff ... how unusual :lol:

https://www.consumerreports.org/streaming-media/sites-that-help-you-find-streaming-shows/

Not sure if there are any apps, but certainly looks like theres a few websites that will do what you want

• 4 months later...

I know this thread has been revived by a bot but if your still looking for an app I'd recommend Just Watch app. Shows you if it's included in Netflix, amazon prime, Disney, sky go etc.
Also shows you the cheapest site to buy or rent it from if its not included on any streaming sites.