Dunfermline vs Alloa - An Athletic Encounter (Sat 28th Dec)

Alloa happy to play with 10 or even 11 behind the ball so when we scored I thought we would have went on to take control. That was forgetting about the shitshow we have at the back - the first go was terrible from about three or four players, the second will have to go down as a Martin error in the first instance (although I'd like to see a replay for a possible offside) but again I think Scully is a bit slow to get down to the shot. Compare that to McDonald at the other end who has already had three good saves on the few occasions we do break down the Alloa defensive structure. We aren't moving the ball quickly enough and lack composure when we do get into the attacking third. It's like the 7th place in League One season all over again.

Should be winning this comfortably. Played some decent stuff and Nizzy scored a nice header from Dow’s cross.

Then Scully flaps at a corner and Edwards fucks up massively and we’re 2-1 behind. Both incidents were not even chances until the intervention of Pars players. Second may have been offside but we deserved to concede.

Edwards is awful and worse than that, a complete shitebag. Half-hearted tackles and doesn’t want the ball in the final third. Get Lang on for him and play Martin on left.

New keeper is also badly needed in Jan. Was very telling that none of Scully’s teammates complained with him that he’d been fouled.

We can still win this as Alloa have done absolutely nothing but if we are as careless at both ends then another loss is guaranteed.

Loads of the ball and thought we deserved to be ahead. Conceding right away is concerning and the 2nd is horrendous from Edwards(who must be getting something from Alloa to give them a goal every game)

I do wonder if the ref could have bailed us out both times tho. Scully looked like he was blocked off(but possibly from a pars player) and o’hara looked comfortably offside

It’s really simple: if Lang is match fit then he’s got to start with Martin at left back. Not only is Martin wasted at CH, but Edwards is absolutely shite at football.

I really hope Crawford shows some initiative in January and gets a goalkeeper in instead of sticking with Scully which he’ll be tempted to do given he was his first signing.

Players have been shouting at Edwards since first minute so can understand why his confidence is low. However, he’s really crap so my sympathy is limited.

I think we look ok going forwards, a bit slow at times but nothing fatal. A bit more pace and tad extra courage with the passes/shots and we can still get three points. 

A very inexperienced bench though, it has to be said.

Crawford will give us a good spell every now and then but in a short time of being manager he’s also given us several really shitty spells of results. You can’t put up with that if you’re aiming for the Premiership.

Let somebody else have a go with this squad before a load of decent players piss off at the end of the season.

Although I think he’s genuinely had bad luck with some injuries, he’s not the man to take us forward. The board will be happy with just staying afloat, so he’ll be here for the foreseeable.