Six Continents (take two)

AsimButtHitsASix

Untitled.thumb.png.3e1a8c9780c6f4f67dce32f1c0c836a2.png

Centre back is a poor position. Furtado and Gomes are usually playing in midfield but can cover there. Biro-Biro is on a two year loan from Arsenal. Capaldo is also usually playing midfield. Vestergaard was given a new contract recently but is already showing signs of being past it. Rodriguez was a new a signing and I'm focusing his training on centre back as he's really more suited to being a DMC. Nicolas Rodriguez, Cao Chao and Forcen were all cheap freebies as cover. Chao played really when when he did play and he always done well for me at G R&F but he was moaning a bit so he got papped out on loan. Rodriguez will get more game time now Caceres is gone but is basically back up. Forcen will join in January but is on trial until then. One for the future.

Untitled.thumb.png.eb474c49e4a3e562c9bc95ce325e2503.png

It's actually mostly the guys from the graphic on my last comment who play DMC when I do play with one: which is rare. I signed Pjanic because I thought "f**k! Pjanic is on a free!" but he's nowhere near mobile enough anymore for my team despite his high as f**k rating against the diddy teams. Edelson will get punted at season's end but Enory Walter is a recent signing who I got cheap as f**k from some other Brazilian team and I got high hopes for.

Untitled.thumb.png.b93df9061bfcf78bd77eb3e5228487e0.png

Filé is, quite possibly, world class or close to it. He runs the show. I doubt any of the guys away on loan will be making the first team anytime soon such is the depth in midfield. Matheusinho is very hit and miss, usually playing AM R or AM C but he pops up when needed. Maybe a big name player. Lazaro isn't offering anything in all of his positions (AM RLC SC) that make me think he'll be here next season. Enamorado is really unlucky not to be playing more often. This is because we need to use too many foreigners in other positions but we can get away with Brazilians in his favoured position behind the strikers. Ramos was a recent signing, again, because of a really good release clause, and, like Enamorado, has been playing away from his favourite position. Roberto is good back up and I hope to see him kick on with more game time. Luiz wont make it for ourselves despite his storming debut. Gio only just turned 17 but Man U have already met his release clause so will be joining them in a year after he turns 18.

Untitled.thumb.png.f079985d250ea8d15a38f4cd90a23a15.png

The AMLs are a mixed bunch. Pepé is an ex Gremio legend who isn't getting much game time in England so I was able to tempt back on a two year loan. Been a bit disappointing to be honest. Of the boys out on loan only Luca Franco was close to the first team before leaving but he was a whiny shit and will be getting papped. The other three look decent prospoects. Da Silva, on loan from Real Madrid I think?, and Roger are battling out for SC since Jesum left but David Sosa now has 4 goals in the two games he has played there so it's a three way dance for main striker. Before I signed Sosa there were a few injuries so Josina was signed as back up. He'll be papped at the end of the season now. The rest are all young players who wont make it apart from Reyna, signed as back up early in the season but got a bad injury and dropped some rating since that. Lucas was out on loan when I arrived and is pish and needs to f**k off.

Untitled.thumb.png.556caf51748c8a8f17ed85991d8e8096.png

As you can tell, instantly, all my AMRs I play are guys who also play the other midfield positions guys like Sosa, Matheusinho and Ramos mostly. However we have some really good quality youngsters out on loan. Marcelao, Geraldo and Paulo Sergio will all be fighting it out next year. Sahado might make a few games this year despite being 16. Lwin I signed because I found the idea of a striker from Burma being half decent amusing. 

Likewise no need to list my AMCs or SCs as they are all already mentioned. Literally all my midfielders and strikers can play about four positions. It's full of M/AM/S/R/L/C type players. 

Thank you for coming to my ted talk

Edited by AsimButtHitsASix

Copa de Brasil final

1st leg

image.thumb.png.6bc6047a3aa56d24382171137c077c6d.png

2nd leg

image.thumb.png.e493d065dcd3d644ff11d831008e4134.png

That was all pretty straightforward to be honest. Pacheco was instantly sent on a one week holiday as he is fucked. Just in time for Rodriguez to come back from injury.

Copa Sudamerica Semi Final

First Leg

Untitled.thumb.png.70df0cf7e3bc1355a52c2788d558eb98.png

Maybe it was after this game I sent Pacheco on holiday actually. Once again: piece of piss. As was the...

2nd leg

Untitled.thumb.png.7192aaaeedd108941eb3a6b2636c38d1.png

In the final against San Lorenzo but that's in two months time. Whatever. Here's the games for the rest of the season.

Untitled.thumb.png.c4dc99624f519d2aa6cd3e612b11a8d5.png

Two games a week all the way down. Hoping all those fairly average free transfers I signed will do a job covering as my players slowly collapse as the season goes on. I've already explained my plans for the squad for next season. Will let ye know how the final goes in November and then give an end of season round up. Maybe a wee catch up on some of my previous clubs/favourite players as well.

On ‎10‎/‎04‎/‎2020 at 18:24, Miguel Sanchez said:

Can you hurry up and go to a different country? I've given up trying to understand how Brazil works.

It's pretty straightforward. At the start of the season are state leagues and, once they're over, it's just an ordinary league system entirely separate from the state leagues. 

Speaking of that league system...
image.thumb.png.a801506ce443062218609ccc51be3be7.png

It's all went a wee bit pete tong. I can't even really claim to have been the better team in most of those draws/defeats and been unlucky with my chances (Apart from that derby defeat v Internacional. That one hurt). I thought we hard turnt the corner by smashing our closest challengers Sao Paulo but not to be. Apart from the derby game all the points we've dropped are teams we should be beating. Most are in the bottom half. Still got a good chance of winning the league but it's no longer in our own hands

image.thumb.png.dd49722c363c85634c8c55072a7d2b2b.png

Sudamerica?

image.thumb.png.0867ffd3c88eaf8339f5340fadf085ae.png

Very few good chances for either side. We defended amazingly but had little going forward against a very defensive San Lorenzo. My team is finding it really hard to break down teams but are smashing it against teams that play more openly. They hit the bar in the 117th minute and scored from the rebound before VAR decided someone had a stray pube offside.

Seven games to go. It's been a good season. I wanted to qualify for the Libertadores and maybe win a cup en route. I've certainly qualified and won three trophies and still in a chance with the league title. It's looking good and I have some quality first team level guys coming back from loan next season. With them in I'm probably just one or two quality signings away from a team that can win the Libertadores.

THEN I can leave Brazil and be halfway through the challenge.

My continental record is fucking awesome by the way

Played 32 games. Won 21. Lost 4. Drew 7.
One of those defeats was a group game, where I made it through the group stage anyway, and the other three were in a single leg where I won the tie overall, one which was a reserve team that played because I spanked them so badly in the first leg I was certain to go through.

Outside the group stages I've won every single game over both legs when required and both single leg finals I've been in.

Every continental competition I've been in I've won and won them all fairly convincingly.

Really hope I can carry this over to the Libertadores next year.

End of season time. First of all look at this shit! This is new for me...
image.thumb.png.f6c962941c0c65e87e47d0cf33b2ae44.png

Anyway here's how the season ended...

image.thumb.png.05a78aaae9c40bd1c2bb884a055746da.png

That defeat v Palmeiras, 1-0 down with ten minutes to go, 2-1 up with five minutes to go, 3-2 down by the end. That was a kick in the teeth. Especially with how the season ended

image.thumb.png.a51031fabcba4b581b721a079e89ba6d.png

Also the French said they weren't fussed about the Euro Nations League so I never played a single player over the age of 30 (which is about half the French squad the moment) and gave a bunch of 20-23 yr olds debuts and I'll bring Pogba and the like back for the semi finals/finals if I make it. 

image.thumb.png.141175a8075b8c3b2b7557b22d09efef.png

Basically a France B team ran away with it. 

Right. Into pre-season now. Tried to get Screve Benteke (the awesome Congolose DC I had at Dauphin Noir) on loan from Guangzhou R&F but he dingied the move despite being "very interested". They're wanting £50,000,000 to buy him outright so that's naw happening. Splashed out on a couple of necessary defensive additions and was ready to make a charge for the league when, suddenly, all my best attacking players saw foreign clubs meet their release clause. A few I've managed to keep a hold of with big wage rises but a few are on their way out. Will rattle through the state league and do a full update afterwards but very excited about a couple of signings and also a few youngsters coming through.

It's really annoying the way the game decides who will/wont move to the Brazilian league. There's a guy from Gibraltar on a free transfer who just left Europa FC and is sitting on a free transfer but has no interest in moving to Brazil. There was a decent young centre beck at Spartans, of all places, who has no interest in moving to Brazil. Almost no-one wants to come to Brazil from Oceania, Asia or Europe. It's not like Brazil is some impoverished third world country with shitey wages.

ETA: One of my players, Filé, got young player of the year and I got manager of the year.

This might take some time. Brazil is weird. I've already played 23 games and the league hasn't started.

Competition 1

The Gaucho State League. There are 12 teams in this "league". We play everyone once. It's split into two sections. Each section is split into two leagues. It's weird. I know. Stick with it.
Part 1 we get randomly drawn into two groups of six and play five games. After five games the top of each group plays second in the other group in the semi finals and the two winners make the final. Pretty straightforward. Then the winner gets a trophy.

This same thing is repeated for part 2. We're just playing the teams we never played in the first group stage. Then it goes to semi finals and a final again. In the two seasons I've done this the two winners of the "half" leagues have been ourselves and Inter so I dunno if it's the two winners of each half that play off in the final or if it's the top two in the overall league or what. 

I know. It's weird. 

ANYWAY

Part 1 leagues

image.thumb.png.528aeeebca31906545198349fc312a21.png

Easy enough. Then the semi finals/final

image.png.62989fe64ef8aa369514cac0b0489f6e.png

Meh.

Part 2 leagues

image.thumb.png.48a8d38cab4b8ab0162e3ec6edef451d.png

Part 2 semi finals/final

image.png.e59972753bd6b45539f2e9619ca2ca3b.png

Yey!

Overall league...

image.thumb.png.eb8c470e7e57582565ba814b2ca170fc.png

Gaucho league grand final...

image.thumb.png.d08eadba9710595322d4462decd16e87.png

There was another final. As the Copa de Brasil winners we had the Supercopa against the league champions Palmeiras. The board did not think this game was important

image.thumb.png.8ddfecc28c0e5d7e480b0604036040e2.png

There's still two more competitions to discuss at this point. Brazil is fucking weird.

The Recopa is the South American version of the European Super Cup. No one in Europe cares about that apart from Aberdeen fans and the South American version seems to carry similar disdain as the board weren't that fussed about it. However that depends on who the current champions are I guess. Gremio won the Copa Sudamerica and the Copa Libertadores happened to be...

image.png.3233ffdaef35f968b53af004f0a1f4e1.png

SO IT'S A DERBY. f**k we've played this lot so often. ELEVEN TIMES already. Fucking hell. Two more wont kill us.

image.thumb.png.9b3297d36d52aa03f5b2006a52edc957.png

image.thumb.png.c8fb0b124b977552c492b8fe6dc18f2d.png

Final competition is the Copa Libertadores group stage. 

image.thumb.png.0e4f0b6cead3bf0e788da8e3717d7abb.png

Qualified as group winners with two games spare. 

I made two big signings in the summer. I paid over the odds for this fella (£12,000,000) because I needed a centre back desperately but he can also cover at right back, defensive mid and midfield. A bit of a jack of all trades and master of none but he's young and I'm focusing his training on being a centre back.
image.thumb.png.c7a1cea2b2804c8e7c21e2206cb2013d.png

Also, although I was happy with Jori in goal and I have some decent young keepers pushing through, this fella had a release clause and was available right now I jumped in while I could. 

image.thumb.png.9acaf551793b1d6b77a69e776c2a1b99.png

And this lad was available on a Bosman...

image.thumb.png.18b93b783ae5be0df2786020c188343e.png

Only other signings have been young up and coming players on cheap/free deals. Happy with squad quality and depth now. The first XI is just as good as any in South America and I have no worries about playing any of the back ups and squad players against anyone