Queens v Alloa

2 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

The first goal was obviously comically given away, but the third was almost as bad.  

How the Hell did Dobbie end up exposed as the last defender on the left, and how was the box so deserted when the ball got played across?

A ridiculous looking goal.

Will trade your cockup for ours     1-2 there you go

2 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

The first goal was obviously comically given away, but the third was almost as bad.  

How the Hell did Dobbie end up exposed as the last defender on the left, and how was the box so deserted when the ball got played across?

Don't know but Holty was giving Brownlie what for after the goal... 

Will trade your cockup for ours     1-2 there you go
Where was your cockup? The first goal was scrappy for us but I can't recall Alloa making an arse of it? There was no cockup for the 2nd, that was a sensational strike.

4 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

All three goals were poor defending but the third, as you say, was comedy gold. I fully expect to see reruns of it on Dave still showing in 10 years time.

Dobbie gets isolated then makes a half hearted attempt to challenge, Holt was ... god knows where and then there are two centre halves standing 8 yards from goal instead of one going to try and cut out the cross and the other tracking the forward.

1 minute ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Don't know but Holty was giving Brownlie what for after the goal... 

He was and after the third goal too.

Yes, your defender made a mess of his header before our first.
We win on the cock-up front in this fixture though.  It's all we win.
I just can't remember the first goal that well. I thought all our goals was due to woeful defending though, not just 2.

1 minute ago, SueSue said:

Semple was fully ready to play today but he picked an 18 year old lad instead next to a defender who is clearly leaving !!

I really poor if Brownlie is leaving? Even if he is not Semple should have started he done so well last time he started v Ayr. 

Carbon copy of earlier defeat to Alloa at home in the season. Alloa looked composed and clinical. Queens look half arsed. Worrying times.
It was 3 crosses yet again. That's what has really annoyed me. I don't think a side has scored as many goals via crosses against us than Alloa in the last couple of seasons. You'd think we'd learn.

1 minute ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

He will be or Semple... 

That was as bad as the Queens Park game we got what we deserved nothing .Why the hell was a 18 year old boy playing instead of Semple and it is obvious that Brownlie head is at Thistle he just went through the motions today .

The new keeper did not make a save a obvious downgrade on McCorie .

We have nothing no pace nobody to pass a forward pass all sideways  

I thought somehow we got it back to 2--2 then we started to think the  job was done playing poor again gave Alloa a 3,rd goal then we got going again Hamilton has to score that late chance keeper should get nowhere near it .

Any more performances like today and we will be going down 

1 minute ago, Northfield 53 said:

That was as bad as the Queens Park game we got what we deserved nothing .Why the hell was a 18 year old boy playing instead of Semple and it is obvious that Brownlie head is at Thistle he just went through the motions today .

We have nothing no pace nobody to pass a forward pass all sideways  

I thought somehow we got it back to 2--2 then we started to think the  job was done playing poor again gave Alloa a 3,rd goal then we got going again Hamilton has to score that late chance keeper should get nowhere near it .

Any more performances like today and we will be going down 

The goalkeeper probably is a downgrade, but it's unfair to say there was evidence of that today.  He couldn't be faulted for any of the goals.

3 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

The goalkeeper probably is a downgrade, but it's unfair to say there was evidence of that today.  He couldn't be faulted for any of the goals.

This. He had no chance with any of the goals, came for a couple of crosses well and his distribution was generally good, bar a couple of mis-kicks.  Not sure he really had a save to make, Alloa created three good chances and scored all three.

3 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

To be fair Devine didn't do much wrong if yer going to slate anyone it should be Brownlie or Johnston (for not starting Semple) 

Ross Stewart didn't make a save cause he had no shots to save even McCrorie wouldn't have got near the 3 goals, I thot Stewart's kicking was very good, an upgrade on McCrorie. The team needs two attacking additions with pace before the window shuts... 

It was 3 crosses yet again. That's what has really annoyed me. I don't think a side has scored as many goals via crosses against us than Alloa in the last couple of seasons. You'd think we'd learn.
Of the 14 goals conceded against Alloa in the last 2 seasons 10 were crosses. One being directly from a corner. Another was a FK. So 3 goals from open play. You'd think we'd be able to figure out how Alloa play by now.

Stewart's debut was ok. He couldn't have done anything about the goals, he never had any other saves to make and his kicking and handling looked good tbh.

1 minute ago, Mr X said:

This. He had no chance with any of the goals, came for a couple of crosses well and his distribution was generally good, bar a couple of mis-kicks.  Not sure he really had a save to make, Alloa created three good chances and scored all three.

That is exactly what the Livi  said he would be like does nothing wrong but never makes a save