Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Thats three reasonable examples, but people claiming asthma prevents them from wearing a mask yet haven’t had an inhaler for years are taking the piss.

They aren't 3 reasonable examples though.

Take autism - even the National Autism Society is not saying no face masks but providing advice on strategies for wearing face masks. The only time they are advising not wearing a face mask is if the person has extreme anxiety - and in those circumstances they say you wouldn't want to be in the kind of environment like a shop in any case.

VT made the point about dementia/Alzheimers - I wouldn't put it as brutally as he does but those looking after dementia sufferers - my mother looking after my step-Dad who has middle stage Alzheimers - would make sure they either wear their mask or, more often, are not in that environment.

I can understand there might be an issue with PTSD but even then it won't be everyone with PTSD - I would go as far to say that if someone mentally can't cope with a face mask - that claustrophobic feeling - then they are not going to be comfortable in a crowded shopping environment. If it was an issue with PTSD sufferers then why are PTSD UK selling their own face masks?

Aberdeen 151.3 cases per 100K  excelling themselves now. Cases doubled up over 100% in a matter of 10 days. What is even more stark is that it is not a particular local outbreak but  widespread all over the city.
Worse than Glasgow City now
Some turnaround

Dundee has dropped, thankfully - down to 127 from 144 at the start of the week.

28 minutes ago, Manifesto said:

Aberdeen isn't in the Highlands coffee3.gif.4f5113e1aa1841748ca8edfdfcce528b.gif

Its North of Dumbarton and further east than Cumbernauld. Its a highland teuchtary place with non league teams playing in the Highland League. 

5 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

They aren't 3 reasonable examples though.

Take autism - even the National Autism Society is not saying no face masks but providing advice on strategies for wearing face masks. The only time they are advising not wearing a face mask is if the person has extreme anxiety - and in those circumstances they say you wouldn't want to be in the kind of environment like a shop in any case.

VT made the point about dementia/Alzheimers - I wouldn't put it as brutally as he does but those looking after dementia sufferers - my mother looking after my step-Dad who has middle stage Alzheimers - would make sure they either wear their mask or, more often, are not in that environment.

On the point of Autism, if its quite a profound form of Autism then it absolutely acceptable. Thats what I thought the chap was referring to? 
If someone in the early stages of dementia walked into a shop and had forgotten then again I think it can be excused, same can be said for people living with brain injuries etc. 

Aberdeen 151.3 cases per 100K  excelling themselves now. Cases doubled up over 100% in a matter of 10 days. What is even more stark is that it is not a particular local outbreak but  widespread all over the city.
Some turnaround

Dave Cormack will blame it on Aberdeen not being allowed fans in.

On the point of Autism, if its quite a profound form of Autism then it absolutely acceptable. Thats what I thought the chap was referring to? 
If someone in the early stages of dementia walked into a shop and had forgotten then again I think it can be excused, same can be said for people living with brain injuries etc. 
He didnt qualify either.

3 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
14 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

He didnt qualify either.

Fair enough i just thought that was obvious? 
The wifes had people phone her up asking for a letter to say their son or daughter doesnt have to wear a mask through having asthma, including some who’s teenage kids havent had inhalers in years etc. 

Fair enough i just thought that was obvious? 
The wifes had people phone her up asking for a letter to say their son or daughter doesnt have to wear a mask through having asthma, including some who’s teenage kids havent had inhalers in years etc. 
That was more the point of my original post - there's too many just taking the piss.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Good luck finding 850,000 24/7 care workers to keep an eye on them then.

Pretty sure that a large number of the 850,000 have family members providing care or are in residential facilities. They aren't wandering the streets like a feral pack.

1 hour ago, superbigal said:

Some turnaround

Absolute NAP that the teuchters will try to pin it on some wifey at Debenhams who had a West Coast accent.

Giving it the big licks about the infection pattern of a highly contagious virus = the biggest minter for the east of Scotland since the 2014 referendum.

39 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Its North of Dumbarton and further east than Cumbernauld. Its a highland teuchtary place with non league teams playing in the Highland League. 

Campbeltown is in the Highlands, Aberdeen is not.

It isn't a North/South thing, only a mbelter would think otherwise.

2 minutes ago, Manifesto said:

Campbeltown is in the Highlands, Aberdeen is not.

It isn't a North/South thing, only a mbelter would think otherwise.

The Highland fault line ends at the Mounth so even by the standard teuchter on teuchter demarcation, Aberdeen is still in the Highlands.

I appreciate the sentiment RE the mandatory mask wearing as the end goal is to reduce the spread of Covid. It's just too black and white, however, to say that every single person must wear one in the required settings.

6 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

I appreciate the sentiment RE the mandatory mask wearing as the end goal is to reduce the spread of Covid. It's just too black and white, however, to say that every single person must wear one in the required settings.

I agree and the OCD nature of it all is ridiculous at times. You are not going to get Covid from spending two minutes queueing at a supermarket till whether someone is not wearing a mask/not respecting your 2 metre magic force field. It's an everyday irrational seethe that requires a few seconds thought before realising that it means next to f**k all rather than being a direct assault on your health and safety.

18 minutes ago, virginton said:

The Highland fault line ends at the Mounth so even by the standard teuchter on teuchter demarcation, Aberdeen is still in the Highlands.

Debatable.

Well no it's not. Aberdeen isn't in the Highlands ffs. East Coast no righters.

Greenock is meant to be parted in some definitions.

You a Lowland Riviera or Highland Riveria kinda guy?

8 minutes ago, Manifesto said:

Debatable.

Well no it's not. Aberdeen isn't in the Highlands ffs. East Coast no righters.

Greenock is meant to be parted in some definitions.

You a Lowland Riviera or Highland Riveria kinda guy?

You can't debate with hard, geological fact. 

I look out at the boundary every day: it's what produces the Clyde Riviera's magnificent, fjord-like landscapes. By virtue of being on the south side, we are in the correct side of that dividing line as well.

image.png.5326af5ad9ce06482be610786fb70f39.png

Would be interesting if it proved to be true, it might make full scale lockdown more palatable for some and an easier sell. Not that I think we should have a full lockdown, unless we want to be giving p45s as Christmas presents this year, but it may get used as another tool to persuade/coerce compliance.

As aside, on schools, several parents have already indicated their intention to keep their kids off next Monday/Tuesday morning. A sensible position, in my opinion. In return, we get hammered from the council about attendance being too low (regardless of being in the midst of a pandemic) and attainment, just wonderful for morale.