Coronavirus (COVID-19)

18 minutes ago, Left Back said:

It was shite.  There are many things people could normally do that they weren't able to do.  Attend sporting events, gigs, going on holiday etc. to name but three  I had to go without.  There are many other leisure activities people engage in that they wouldn't have been able to engage in last summer.

Working and having a hugely watered down list of leisure activities is crap.  I'd suspect it was even worse for people that were furloughed with very little to do to fill their days.

Another one that can't read 👏🏻👏🏻

54 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

There should be a stigma around being fat tbh. It's the lack of such stigma that allows people to eat themselves into the shape of Snorlax, then get offended if they get called out.

Absolute pish. People get fat or overweight for a whole host of physical and mental reasons. Simplifying it down to "all fat people are like that because they feel no shame" is utterly moronic.

100,000 people vaccinated in Grampian and they have celebrated by all taking a leaf out Scott Browns book by posing in short sleeves in the snow.

Cracking effort and as always mon the nurses

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

Articulate yourself better and we won't find ourselves in this difficult position.

If you can't understand

"In the context of March - December 2020, last summer wasn't shite.

However, outwith that very specific context of relief over what had immediately preceded it, it was."

Then i'd suggest the problem lies with your 9 year old reading age rather than my adult writing.

The News coming out of Australia this morning is really concerning, the country that's cut itself off for months and had months of severe lockdowns is now into ANOTHER lockdown in the middle of their Summer due to 12 cases appearing that they can't understand (possibly a quarantine hotel worker), given that this is an island in the middle of nowhere that had zero covid and some of the harshest restrictions in place on the entire planet, then it really doesn't augur well for our covid "journey" ahead !!
Some leading scientist was also quoted yesterday reckoning she has at least 10 years of work ahead of her regarding covid and mutations so all in all I'm just totally scunnered with the whole bloody thing !!
On a slightly happier note, Poland is reopening it's Swimming pools ski slopes, hotels, cinemas and theatres on top of their shopping centres and museums which had reopened on the 1st feb, so it will be interesting to see how they get on. If they do no worse than ourselves over the coming weeks, then surely there's no longer any rationale for continuing with the hardcore full lockdowns ????
Watch this space.......
Are Poland well on with vaccination ?

1 minute ago, Todd_is_God said:

If you can't understand

"In the context of March - December 2020, last summer wasn't shite.

However, outwith that very specific context of relief over what had immediately preceded it, it was."

Then i'd suggest the problem lies with your 9 year old reading age rather than my adult writing.

:lol: Calm down fella, don't get upset over a misunderstanding. It was a wee joke.

Absolute pish. People get fat or overweight for a whole host of physical and mental reasons. Simplifying it down to "all fat people are like that because they feel no shame" is utterly moronic.

Absolutely but it's classic Todd. You could have guessed his stance without him even posting. Obesity is a state of mind is the stuff of Covid and Climate change deniers....oh wait...

Maybe I've spent too long building my tin foil hat but is all the mutation chat and negativity spoon fed to papers and from Government perhaps a sign that the vaccinations aren't as effective as hoped?
The sceptic in me thinks the constant stream of negativity is to ensure compliance with restrictions while the vaccine is rolled out. A few others on here hold similar views but it doesn't make the constant negativity any less depressing / frustrating.

I think the vaccine definitely works otherwise what would be the point in dishing it out as we have been? I get the impression that there's still a large amount of people who think that vaccines should stop every case of Covid ever and that failing to do so means "it IsN't wUrkInG". The vaccines have been shown to prevent serious illness and death, even against "MUTANTS" and that's all we need them to do.

3 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
22 minutes ago, WATTOO said:
The News coming out of Australia this morning is really concerning, the country that's cut itself off for months and had months of severe lockdowns is now into ANOTHER lockdown in the middle of their Summer due to 12 cases appearing that they can't understand (possibly a quarantine hotel worker), given that this is an island in the middle of nowhere that had zero covid and some of the harshest restrictions in place on the entire planet, then it really doesn't augur well for our covid "journey" ahead !!
Some leading scientist was also quoted yesterday reckoning she has at least 10 years of work ahead of her regarding covid and mutations so all in all I'm just totally scunnered with the whole bloody thing !!
On a slightly happier note, Poland is reopening it's Swimming pools ski slopes, hotels, cinemas and theatres on top of their shopping centres and museums which had reopened on the 1st feb, so it will be interesting to see how they get on. If they do no worse than ourselves over the coming weeks, then surely there's no longer any rationale for continuing with the hardcore full lockdowns ????
Watch this space.......

Are Poland well on with vaccination ?

Yes, seem to be doing ok at just under 2 million vaccinated to date.

1 hour ago, Aufc said:

I actually saw that which was part of the reason i brought it up. It is true but people are getting offended by it.

The below picture is an example of the wrong message to send out. Now i am not sitting here saying she is ugly but surely glamourising obesity like this is completely wrong and sends out the wrong message?

Edited to add. As i mentioned earlier, the reverse is also true whereby we promote these stick thin models.

IMG_1613120419.488053.thumb.jpg.e28f9659d30fbd6541091ef83c8f0732.jpg

"The bigger the cushion, the sweeter the pushin" 

-David St Hubbins

3 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
6 minutes ago, WATTOO said:
Yes, seem to be doing ok at just under 2 million vaccinated to date.

Interesting as that is a tiny % compared to the UK. Need to see how that goes.

Once we've finished our roll-out ship all the AZ to Poland.  Nothing better than late summer in Krakow