Coronavirus (COVID-19)

BJ set to release details of a vaccine certificate to allow foreign travel to go ahead, what i took to be most promising about it was it said proof of vaccination OR negative test, hopefully that means people fully vaccinated dont need to pay hundreds for tests. Will the SG have the haw maws to allow travel or will fear prevail?

Yeah, I think the one thing that would trigger me most is still requiring any utterly pointless testing requirements if you're fully vaxxed, at no matter what stage of your journey.

38 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Yeah, I think the one thing that would trigger me most is still requiring any utterly pointless testing requirements if you're fully vaxxed, at no matter what stage of your journey.

Prepare to be triggered

Screenshot_20210422-181005_Twitter.jpg

Tbf, I'm sure there will be plenty of no-mark tech companies with blueprints like that. I highly doubt you will need to test if fully vaccinated once it has been fully rolled out in most places. Indeed, the majority of countries, in Europe at least, will be letting you in without the need for testing if fully vaccinated.

Tbf, I'm sure there will be plenty of no-mark tech companies with blueprints like that. I highly doubt you will need to test if fully vaccinated once it has been fully rolled out in most places. Indeed, the majority of countries, in Europe at least, will be letting you in without the need for testing if fully vaccinated.
The key there is FULLY vaccinated. That will rule most under 40s from travelling this summer at least during the school holiday period.

7 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
16 minutes ago, Elixir said:

The key there is FULLY vaccinated. That will rule most under 40s from travelling this summer at least during the school holiday period.

It will rule out everyone if we are tied to the 'booster' nonsense

17 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Yes, likely.

But, over and above "getting in," if you still need to provide evidence of a negative test to be granted the ability to go into a restaurant or bar (here or abroad) then the baw's burst.

24 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
32 minutes ago, Elixir said:

No im pretty sure you’ll get away with a test. 

5 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
26 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

PCR testing possibly at both ends will put the price of a trip abroad out the reach of many though.

Only if the UK Gov profit out of them.

Which, of course, they will.

5 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
26 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

PCR testing possibly at both ends will put the price of a trip abroad out the reach of many though.

How much do these things actually cost and how much money is someone making out of them?  The idea of being forced to line someone’s pockets would wind me up.

4 minutes ago, Left Back said:

How much do these things actually cost and how much money is someone making out of them?  The idea of being forced to line someone’s pockets would wind me up.

£210 for the Scottish Government package of two. Think I was about £110 in Boots for a single one, but some of the private companies at the airport are around £90, lateral flow are cheaper. 

Fortunately the company I was working for paid for it. Even though I didn't require them when coming back. 

4 hours ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Combination of that sector plus high numbers of people from the community formerly known as BAME, where resistance is based on tales of colonial powers testing drugs and medicines on indigenous populations. 

Tbh if people don’t want the vaccine for whatever reason then I have no objection to them still being able to be a part of society. Fcking madness that we could exclude the BAME community who haven’t been vaccinated. Once the elderly and vulnerable were jabbed then it should have been a choice for people. Youngsters in their 20’s who would have no ill effects bar a wee cough or a day or two of feeling lethargic. Not coerced with the threat of them having to be ostracised if/when these pathetic vaccine passports are introduced 

7 hours ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

och away yous and pipe doon, there's no way i'd sacrifice a f**k tonn of overtime, or a days planned leisure activities  just because I had a bit of sniffles or a sore throat, theres a reason why no one did before.

You have a fortnights holidays abroad booked,  a few days before the flight you start to feel cold symptoms which are unpleasant, but are otherwise able to go about your business do you A cancel your entire holiday for the sake of everyone else or B carry on as planned and hope you feel better by the time you've been at your destination a couple a couple days

Morton have reached the Scottish cup final and through extraordinary luck are playing raith rovers and are favourites to win, do you stay home because you don't feel great?

Behave yourselves

Pure freak

27 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
48 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Aye, I'd heard about those.

https://www.health.com/condition/infectious-diseases/coronavirus/anal-swabs-coronavirus

19 minutes ago, Elixir said:

This summer, tests will still be used/needed, which brings risks of their own. Moving forward though, they'll be binned if you're fully vaxxed.

The problem with this is two-fold.

Firstly, how many would be willing to book a holiday knowing they were at the mercy of a test as to whether they had wasted their money or not.

And secondly, what insurance company is going to underwrite policies that will cover either the travel agent or individual in the event they test positive, and at what premium?

If tests are required on top of vaccines to go on holiday (and the threat of quarantine status changing at any time), the market will take an absolute pounding and the industry will collapse.

In that scenario, do the UK Gov / SG continue to shovel money into keeping travel companies viable, or do they write off the jobs?