Coronavirus (COVID-19)

14 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Also, wonder if any journalist will ask the question about why we're still persisting with levels 1 and 2 which have no relation to case numbers?

The areas in level 1 and 2 have made no sense for weeks now. It is basically a lottery as to where you were 4-5 weeks ago when they decided on those. It is pretty unfair on businesses that this isn't being looked at. I only say businesses because the general public are pretty much back to normal but businesses still have to comply to contradicting rules which is unfair.

5 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Don’t see why they can’t say 2nd dose walk ins are available from the 4 week mark

Supply, I would imagine.

If you cut the time to 4 weeks, in theory you could be doubling the number of people looking for their second dose (in the short term, at least). 

5 minutes ago, ahemps said:

The areas in level 1 and 2 have made no sense for weeks now. It is basically a lottery as to where you were 4-5 weeks ago when they decided on those. It is pretty unfair on businesses that this isn't being looked at. I only say businesses because the general public are pretty much back to normal but businesses still have to comply to contradicting rules which is unfair.

No sense to this.

Just shows how hopeless the Scottish media are.

They appear to act as agents of the state.

It seems 8 weeks is clinically the minimum optimum gap.

Seems bizarre that back in December they were talking of a 2 week gap then doesn’t it?

5 minutes ago, Lofarl said:

Do you count 8 weeks from the day of your first jab?  If so then I’d be due it on Tuesday.  No letter yet and seeing as I deliver the post to my own house I can hardly blame the mail.

You count as you would any other thing that’s n weeks from now. In other words, your 8 week “deadline” will fall on the same day of the week. 

9 minutes ago, Lofarl said:

Do you count 8 weeks from the day of your first jab?  If so then I’d be due it on Tuesday.  No letter yet and seeing as I deliver the post to my own house I can hardly blame the mail.

Yes.

With the walk ins opening up to everyone from Monday you'd be as well just finding your local walk in centre and going there when you've got time from next Tuesday onwards.

1 minute ago, SweeperDee said:

Anyone have any idea why I can’t access my vaccine record online? Not accepting my details.

You need to recover the username first (even if you have one on your letter). Then recover the password using that username. 

It can take a day or so after your first dose for your record to be activated and accessible. 

6 hours ago, superbigal said:

The main problem now appears to be the high chances of us double vaxxed getting caught up in track and trace.
As case numbers surge they have to put something into place soon to stop this charade of so many potentially healthy people being locked up for 10 days at a time.
It needs binned, or at least allow you to just take a LFT, maybe every 2nd day, and continue as normal.

This is something that has been annoying me for a while. Part of me thinks it's because they don't want to say there's one rule for the vaccinated and another for the rest of us. 

If we're at a point where everyone (who is eligible/willing) has had the double dunt but you still ping people with no symptoms and a full vaccination to lock them in the house for 10 days then you start to question what the f**k the end of this looks like?

Got my second dose coming up in a couple of weeks now. 

3 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

It was the Spectator you were quoting. Take a peek at today's front pages. At least 3 (Express, Telegraph and i) are running with a roll back of easing. Significantly two are Johnson's favourite sounding mechanisms.

I hope it's nonsense I really do as I'm off to York week after the 19th but I'm not getting my Hope's up on the back if an article in the Spectator.

That would be a 'nope'. You're clearly reading too much into the 'extra precautions may still be needed' lip service to the Lovejoy's.

'Extra precautions' like... recommended mask wearing on public transport, or still mandatory in hospitals/care homes, still having to isolate if testing positive... etc.

Stuff that can be safely ignored by non-Lovejoy's. Some theatre will probably stay through this winter and into next spring, but it will go eventually and naturally.

1 hour ago, Billy Jean King said:

That's 50% of the population finally double dosed as of yesterday. I thought we were beyond that but clearly we weren't.

No, that seems right as Israel have been the benchmark with ~60% of the total population fully vaxxed, or about ~85% of the adult population.

26 minutes ago, Lofarl said:

As i posted yesterday i was over 8 weeks and noticed a drop in event in Perth all this week.

People were getting letters for a couple of weeks away i just walked in yesterday when they opened and it works well.

They pull up your record at the vaccination station and as long as its over 8 weeks just do it there and then. They looked to see if i had a letter on the way but it was not showing , nor a missed appointment, so she said if a letter comes in a few weeks just to cancel the appointment as things can cross and i may have been down for 12 weeks on a system and its not been picked up yet .

So yes just go on Tuesday or any day after that.

2 minutes ago, SDG2 said:

Can you turn up to a vaccination centre to get a 1st jab early if youve already been given an appointment? Due a 1st one on the 14th July but will head up to the conference centre on Monday if you can turn up to a drop in one anyway

Yes NS said exactly this today, you can go to a drop-in even if you've got an appointment booked in. 

When I was a summer postie over 30 years ago my house was also on my route.
Used to nip home for breakfast and then finish late and claim overtime.
Also used to deliver my own Giro.
Magnificent days when you could get away with murder. Loved the job.
Favourite was knowing where dogs were hovering behind the letter box. Then holding onto the mail as they tried to savage you. [emoji1787]

Honestly cany wait for mandatory mask wearing to become obsolete. Wearing them at work for 10hrs in this heat is a fcking nightmare. 

I see two Lovejoy types around town, they've worn masks outside since about April last year and continue to do so. Cant see them ditching them any time soon 

16 minutes ago, superbigal said:

When I was a summer postie over 30 years ago my house was also on my route.
Used to nip home for breakfast and then finish late and claim overtime.
Also used to deliver my own Giro.
Magnificent days when you could get away with murder. Loved the job.
Favourite was knowing where dogs were hovering behind the letter box. Then holding onto the mail as they tried to savage you. emoji1787.png

I used to have a right little shit of a dog in one of the houses back in the day when I had a paper round. It usually sat at the window and ran to the door when it saw me so would get there a little bit after me but one day it must have been waiting at the door and caught my hand with it's teeth when I put the paper through. Next morning I rolled the paper up, put it through the letter box but held on to it. When the little b*****d came running to the door I jabbed the paper forward and caught it on the nose. Felt quite smug about outsmarting that dog at the time.