Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

No shouting, singing or any celebrations as it may increase the transmission of Covid.

Oh f**k off. 

We can still boo though, right?

Just now, Billy Jean King said:
19 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:
Tomorrow's update will confirm if the 9th of August will happen. 

The SG update tomorrow will be confirmation of 19th move to L0, 9 August move will be confirmed the week before then.

For some reason i thought both announcements would be tomorrow. 

5 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

No shouting, singing or any celebrations as it may increase the transmission of Covid.

Oh f**k off. 

I'm confused. How can they open the video by declaring they need your support, then later tell you not to do the things that would allow you to support them 😂

Scary how we are stuck in March 2020 for certain things.

I'm confused. How can they open the video by declaring they need your support, then later tell you not to do the things that would allow you to support them [emoji23]
Scary how we are stuck in March 2020 for certain things.
Football clubs seem very cautious in their approach. Zero push back and seemingly willing to go above and beyond the restrictions required. I genuinely wonder at the impact on finances as I would have expected them to be kicking and screaming by now.

Ominous !

Restrictions to be reviewed in September

The health secretary says he has set out a “balanced” approach to relaxing restrictions.
He says he has been very open about the risks involved, and there is no “risk-free way forward” but he says the ongoing restrictions “are not without cost”.
Javid says 19 July is a “very significant step forward” on England’s roadmap and he says there will be a review in September to make sure “we are properly set up for autumn and winter”.

Just now, Billy Jean King said:

Ominous !

Restrictions to be reviewed in September

The health secretary says he has set out a “balanced” approach to relaxing restrictions.
He says he has been very open about the risks involved, and there is no “risk-free way forward” but he says the ongoing restrictions “are not without cost”.
Javid says 19 July is a “very significant step forward” on England’s roadmap and he says there will be a review in September to make sure “we are properly set up for autumn and winter”.

Probably leaving the door open for a return to mask mandates over winter more than anything else.

Can't see distancing etc being reintroduced as Furlough will be finishing and doubt Sunak will entertain any further extension.

20 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Oh f**k off. 

All this means is that stewards will be on even bigger and more ridiculous power trips than normal across Scottish grounds, however as per normal they'll be duly ignored.

So Covid pass for entry to events and nightclubs. Sounds like a restriction to me but I suppose if it gets these businesses up and running I think most folk would accept it. On a personal point of view we have tickets for both days of music weekend at York racecourse. Be interesting to see if that will require proof of negative test / double vaccination as they have already stated they needed restrictions lifted for it to go ahead. An early test given it's the first Friday and Saturday after this kicks in.

1 minute ago, Billy Jean King said:

So Covid pass for entry to events and nightclubs. Sounds like a restriction to me 

Apparently it’s going to be up to individual businesses to implement if they wish. I can’t see many enforcing it except for a few looking to attract lovejoys.

Apparently it’s going to be up to individual businesses to implement if they wish. I can’t see many enforcing it except for a few looking to attract lovejoys.
We will see "expected to be applied" was the phrase. I suspect large events especially indoors will do it but time will tell. As I said I have a personal interest as I have tickets for an event the first weekend of lifting that stated they needed measures lifted to go ahead.

You need to drop the Lovejoy patter it really has been done to death now.

I don't know what other countries press conferences are like, but this particular one is presenting the data and reasoning behind removing restrictions fairly well. The symptomatic reduction and reduction in hospitalisations and death show that the vaccines have not only broken the link - they have obliterated it.

Contrast this to the next SG briefing where no data will be presented at all, we will be told that England is an "outlier", this relaxation is the work of "reckless toarrrries!" that "we just don't know" and that it "makes sense" to keep masks and limit football crowds "for some time"

Edited by Todd_is_God

14 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

So Covid pass for entry to events and nightclubs. Sounds like a restriction to me but I suppose if it gets these businesses up and running I think most folk would accept it. On a personal point of view we have tickets for both days of music weekend at York racecourse. Be interesting to see if that will require proof of negative test / double vaccination as they have already stated they needed restrictions lifted for it to go ahead. An early test given it's the first Friday and Saturday after this kicks in.

How has it worked so far for events that require a negative test in terms of refunds if you are positive? Unless it’s built in that you get a refund if you test positive a couple of days before then surely that would decimate the industry? 

Suppose once we get to the point where everyone has been offered their second dose then it wouldn’t really matter as it would only be unvaccinated having to give a negative test.

16 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I don't know what other countries press conferences are like, but this particular one is presenting the data and reasoning behind removing restrictions fairly well. The symptomatic reduction and reduction in hospitalisations and death show that the vaccines have not only broken the link - they have obliterated it.

Contrast this to the next SG briefing where no data will be presented at all, we will be told that England is an "outlier", this relaxation is the work of "reckless toarrrries!" that "we just don't know" and that it "makes sense" to keep masks and limit football crowds "for some time"

“I make no excuses for keeping people safe”

To the surprise of nobody, Johnson deliberately doesn’t mention the bad news:

https://twitter.com/hugogye/status/1414627467587985408?s=24

Vaccine passports will basically become mandatory if businesses don’t choose to use them. 

This is mostly an encouraging and fairly brave step in England. It might backfire spectacularly as it seems to have done in the Netherlands, but legal restrictions on social distancing being scrapped is the big one. The rest is very wishy-washy, we really are back to the ‘don’t go to work unless you have to go to work’ stage and it’ll almost definitely create a ridiculous mish-mash of restrictions between different shops and industries. But - less restrictions is where we need to go. Let’s pray cases in England don’t completely explode before August 9th.  

6 minutes ago, Paco said:

To the surprise of nobody, Johnson deliberately doesn’t mention the bad news:

https://twitter.com/hugogye/status/1414627467587985408?s=24

Vaccine passports will basically become mandatory if businesses don’t choose to use them. 

This is mostly an encouraging and fairly brave step in England. It might backfire spectacularly as it seems to have done in the Netherlands, but legal restrictions on social distancing being scrapped is the big one. The rest is very wishy-washy, we really are back to the ‘don’t go to work unless you have to go to work’ stage and it’ll almost definitely create a ridiculous mish-mash of restrictions between different shops and industries. But - less restrictions is where we need to go. Let’s pray cases in England don’t completely explode before August 9th.  

Isn’t our vaccination programme far more advanced than Holland’s so totally different?