Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Couple of things, first off the Aussie stuff is for quarantine, it totally sounds way over the top but has it not come about because some sections of Australian society seems to be particularly resistant regarding quarantine and they've had to impose this sort of shit? Sort of like a self fulfilling prophecy in the way the right wing nutjobs are doing in America?

Joe Rogan is a right wing apologist. Anyone willing to allow extremist conspiracy bullshit idiots onto their show, remembering the listener/viewer count and the influence he has, and to not only allow those idiots to push their crazy claims but to sit their nodding in agreement is the same as endorsing them. Of course, Joey boy here steps back from that, giving it the "oh, I'm just open to other ideas, the problem is you". Yeah, he's a dick.

Anyway, the reason I'm really posting on here is that the website to get your online vaccination status is back up and working. There was an issue with the PDFs being sent, stupidly they never set them to locked, but that's been fixed and you get QR codes (they call 2D barcodes) for scanning should you need it for entry into places - and that's looking more likely.

The site is: https://vacs.nhs.scot

You will need the username, which is shown on your vaccination appointment letter (either one), and your name/dob/postcode. You will get to download the PDF immediately and you can request a printed copy at the same time (apparently 14 day delivery time).

For anyone wondering this is what it looks like...

Spoiler

OroPnHS.jpg

obvs, the name, dates/dob and QR codes have been 'censored'.

Edited by Ric

11 minutes ago, 101 said:

Anyone else having issues getting the QR code for their vaccine status?

Looking at them in the PDF, they look a bit "odd" but then I've never used a QR code in my life (the majority of uses is just advertising pish).

Not tried scanning it, or using it, I guess if I have the full document (in PDF form) on my phone, I'm guessing that will maybe get you entry if the QR codes are fucked.

7 minutes ago, Ric said:

Looking at them in the PDF, they look a bit "odd" but then I've never used a QR code in my life (the majority of uses is just advertising pish).

Not tried scanning it, or using it, I guess if I have the full document (in PDF form) on my phone, I'm guessing that will maybe get you entry if the QR codes are fucked.

Mine won't even download, Adobe can't open the file. Weird.

1 minute ago, 101 said:

Mine won't even download, Adobe can't open the file. Weird.

I did this on desktop, in terms of my phone it's Android but on a Samsung and it's constantly bitching about me signing up to some sort of Samsung remote printing shit if I try and open it as a PDF. So, yeah, that's why I'm not opening it on my phone. That said, it certainly seemed like a "normal" PDF doc.

In the end I just created an image, copied it over to my phone and I can pull it up using the gallery. After all the QR codes and the details on the form don't need to be in PDF, I'm guessing it's just an easy way to create (possibly) millions of documents from dynamic data. Something I've actually done in the past myself (although using out dated tech compared to now).

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I used my laptop and emailed the file to my phone. Phone's dead though so I can't check if it's working on android at the mo.

It's worked now I had to go into the downloads on my phone and open it from there.

I now have 9 copies of it as well.

2 minutes ago, Left Back said:

How do you get your QR code?

If you are registered on the Vaccs NHS Scotland site already there is now an additional option to download your status. The form has two QR codes on it rather than the old plain cert. 

13 hours ago, oaksoft said:

I have repeatedly posted that masks help with coughing, sneezing and capturing large particles.

I have never used the phrase "viral load transmission".

That doesn't mean masks aren't useless.

TBH, no idea what exactly you're trying to prove here.

"Here's an example of how masks are useful. Of course, this doesn't mean they aren't useless."

Let's see if Oaky Doaky can win an argument with himself, at least..

Just now, superbigal said:

Just downloaded my PAPER PDF QR codes.  It actually says it is NOT PROOF of ID.

Of course. There is no photograph or a signature, so there is no reason it should be proof of identification.

1 minute ago, Ric said:

Of course. There is no photograph or a signature, so there is no reason it should be proof of identification.

I get that.  I assume it will be on an actual APP at some point.  Preferably one that is linked to ID ?

Edited by superbigal

5 minutes ago, superbigal said:

I get that.  I assume it will be on an actual APP at some point.  Preferably one that is linked to ID ?

This is the big problem here, in the sense that you want the ability to prove you are vaccinated but in turn you don't want tons of personal data to be needed to do that.

I'm not sure what they are going to do with the app, if you know the SNP they'll probably try and link anything we do to the pan European system. I'm not particularly against that - if only because it'll annoy the tories.

2 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

Downloaded the paper copy no problem for me and the wife. Will see if it works downloading to the phone which would be more useful than carrying a bit of paper.

As I mentioned earlier, if you do have issues either getting it onto the phone or in turn opening a PDF on your phone, then just download on desktop, convert it to an image, then copy that over.

Edited by Ric