Coronavirus (COVID-19)

4 minutes ago, Oceanlineayr said:

My prediction about today's statement would be:

NS to criticise the Westminster approach for the its recklessness in abandoning restrictions. (conveniently forgetting the European nations who are doing the same)

Scottish Gov to state intention to keep free provision of LFTs after April 1st.

Isolation requirements to be very marginally relaxed for fully vaccinated.

Annoyingly think masks/face coverings will still be legally mandated. Maybe relaxed in the most politically safe settings (going further in schools etc)

Vaccine passports I can see getting binned.

I hope they do go much further in ditching restrictions, but that would be defying all the Scottish Governments previous action and rhetoric.

What do you mean by this? Things like you can go for a walk and meet a friend outside etc? 

9 minutes ago, Donathan said:

What do you mean by this? Things like you can go for a walk and meet a friend outside etc? 

Was more thinking they'd relax some of the isolation requirements for fully vaccinated people they put in when Omicron 1st appeared, eg shortening the length of isolation required etc.

6 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Excellent can finally uninstall the utterly woeful app. Was going to throw my phone at wall 1st time I was setting it up until I tried it using Chrome instead of Firefox.

Great job from the app developers rendering the app unusable on one of the most used android browsers.

I wonder when the signing into public places will be ditched?  I'm guessing that'll be tied into what happens to testing overall.  I actively avoid it where I can but there have been a couple of occasions where the bouncer on a door of pub wouldn't let you in until he sees the "green tick" on your phone.  I'm happy to amuse them but as soon as I'm past them I click the "Sign Out" button immediately.