Coronavirus (COVID-19)

4 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Their very own app pinged me and said, very cleary, "Isolate and book a PCR test."

It did not, anywhere, say (but you don't have to if you don't want to).

I didn't anyway as I was able to take daily LFTs instead, but it's rather disingenuous to say that it was "well understood" that it was guidance.

In a statement to the Scottish Parliament, First Minister Nicola Sturgeon announced that anyone who tests positive for Covid-19, regardless of vaccination status, must still self-isolate for 10 days. However, from tomorrow, 6 January, new cases will be advised they can end self-isolation if they don’t have a fever and test negative on a Lateral Flow Device (LFD) on Day 6 and again at least 24 hours later.

The key word being "must" - that is an instruction. This is from 5th January this year. 

ETA: these have consistently been referred to as self-isolation rules throughout. Example here

Edited by scottsdad

45 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Thing is, there is a hard core of people who believe that this is the case now who will have all summer to spread their propaganda. "A plane crash every week" is how they're describing the currant death figures. 

Our only hope (jeez, can't believe I'm about to type this) is that Johnson and the Tories keep the tap switched off to prevent the money being splurged all over the place come the winter.  

No doubt they'll be raisin this statistic at every opportunity..

(Mods: please note I resisted the opportunity to link this to falling attendance at a certain large venue in Glasgow)

22 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

The key word being "must" - that is an instruction. This is from 5th January this year. 

ETA: these have consistently been referred to as self-isolation rules throughout. Example here

Yeah, 'must' , 'shall', 'requirement' thats terminology that means it has to be adhered to no matter 

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Were any of you lot not curious about why you never heard of anyone being done for breaking the isolation guidance/instructions/rules?

To be honest, I don't know anyone who broke that particular rule. Everyone I know who caught Covid isolated for the required 10 days, despite the problems of getting food delivered and such like. 

17 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

No doubt they'll be raisin this statistic at every opportunity..

(Mods: please note I resisted the opportunity to link this to falling attendance at a certain large venue in Glasgow)

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

They obviously feel there's a good raisin for making that comparison.

Twice in two minutes across two threads...on a twosday

BreakableBlackandwhiteAstrangiacoral-max

12 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

To be honest, I don't know anyone who broke that particular rule. Everyone I know who caught Covid isolated for the required 10 days, despite the problems of getting food delivered and such like. 

I broke the rules.

We went out and about as usual but didn’t get too close to anyone.

58 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Their very own app pinged me and said, very cleary, "Isolate and book a PCR test."

It did not, anywhere, say (but you don't have to if you don't want to).

I didn't anyway as I was able to take daily LFTs instead, but it's rather disingenuous to say that it was "well understood" that it was guidance.

Think it might have been a legal requirement if you were pinged or contacted by test & trace.  Not 100% sure of this though.

10 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

I broke the rules.

We went out and about as usual but didn’t get too close to anyone.

I was on honeymoon in England when I tested positive with a LFT, last August. There were 4 of us down there, including my bro and sister in law. We all tested positive with LFTs (we tested cos we kept hearing of folk from the wedding catching it - super spreader event) None of us really had any symptoms, just loss of taste, not feeling 100%. 

We didn’t isolate either. As we were in England then we were breaking the rules. We told folk back home we were all negative though and only began to admit the truth once everyone who’d caught it at our wedding had recovered. 

1 hour ago, Captain Saintsible said:

Test twice a week before going anywhere?

Has anyone actually been doing this? I didn’t realise this was a thing!

Some weirdo I work with was LFT 3 times a day 

Morning, afternoon and evening 

Her reasoning? “Just in case”