Coronavirus (COVID-19)

13 minutes ago, The DA said:

I can't remember whether this has been posted yet.  Any idea whether any of this 'top 4' have factories in Scotland? 

Capture.PNG

This situation is untenable either the UK government take responsibility for their entire country, similar to what the EU are doing or they grant independence to Wales, Northern Ireland and Scotland

10 minutes ago, VladimirMooc said:

While you’re stuck inside and criticising people for leaving their homes do you mind reading up on punctuation? Mind-melting to read that. 

Sorry what part melted your mind, n ill break it down for you, yeah there was a few big words, punctuation?  Stuck in the house? No I'm not stuck, I'm just making a conscious decision to stay in if i can, be at ease with my own mind and just like the majority of the other countries doing my best to get through a shite situation, you can rest easy and know that if God forbid u find yourself in that situation i probably did not contribute to it, stay at home, staysafe, wash your hands n brush your teeth use a anti bac mouthwash, especially if your tongue or mouth comes in contact with hard surfaces or pavements, stick to it then maybe we can talk about football. [4

9 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Spain are lifting some of their lockdown measures by opening construction and manufacturing again.

Some people will be disappointed if that’s the end of covid-19 already.

"the end of Covid-19"

No matter how ironic you're being, I'm going to take comfort in saying that's the first time I've seen that said. Who knows, maybe it just might......

22 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

BIB Are you sure that's true?  As far as I know only Spain has outright banned all forms of outdoor exercise  ,  Other countries (notably Germany) have not actually went as far as an official  "stay at home " policy backed up by the police, yet somehow they're not making a rip roaring c**t of things …… no idea why tho.  We do probably have the most lenient approach to enforcement and punishment tho,  other countries have deployed hundreds of thousands of their multi layered law  enforcement of local municipal and national police , gendermer cabineri ( or whatever the hell they's called ! ) civil guard etc etc but we have to rely on our cut to the bone police force.  so in that case I doubt theres much appetite for stricter enforcement when theres not enough to enforce it

https://www.dw.com/en/coronavirus-what-are-the-lockdown-measures-across-europe/a-52905137

you may find this handy

Spain Italy China at the beginning, and the numbers of deaths in other nations are not as bad as ours, with our population being much lower. 

28 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

BIB Are you sure that's true?  As far as I know only Spain has outright banned all forms of outdoor exercise  ,  Other countries (notably Germany) have not actually went as far as an official  "stay at home " policy backed up by the police, yet somehow they're not making a rip roaring c**t of things …… no idea why tho.  We do probably have the most lenient approach to enforcement and punishment tho,  other countries have deployed hundreds of thousands of their multi layered law  enforcement of local municipal and national police , gendermer cabineri ( or whatever the hell they's called ! ) civil guard etc etc but we have to rely on our cut to the bone police force.  so in that case I doubt theres much appetite for stricter enforcement when theres not enough to enforce it

https://www.dw.com/en/coronavirus-what-are-the-lockdown-measures-across-europe/a-52905137

you may find this handy

Only recently has Italy started allow lighter restrictions has the numbers have started to come down dramatically

1 hour ago, superbigal said:

I was speechless my weekly visit to food shop in marks and Spencer's on friday after work.

Woman handling steaks in meal deal.

I said you cantt be doing that.

She actually gods honest truth said. Yes I can. I need to check the use buy dates.

I actually grassed her up to the young lad cleaning trolley handles.

Most imbeciles in shops I can deal with but she needed locked up.

Which was it?

33 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Spain are lifting some of their lockdown measures by opening construction and manufacturing again.

It's a very small reopening against the wishes of the governments own advisor. We are still in a state of alarm - exactly the same as the first two weeks of lockdown. 

The overwhelming majority of us are still in total lockdown - visit to nearest grocery store or pharmacy, carrying your ID. 

I live less than ten mins walk to Plaza Mayor in Madrid. I went for my weekly shop this morning. There were 2 people in the shop. I saw one person on my way there and an empty bus. 

Mad that nearly a thousand people a day are dying and people in the UK are still going to the shops in twos and the utter clusterfuck of a UK government still cant give clear advice or be held to account by the press. 

It's a very small reopening against the wishes of the governments own advisor. We are still in a state of alarm - exactly the same as the first two weeks of lockdown. 
The overwhelming majority of us are still in total lockdown - visit to nearest grocery store or pharmacy, carrying your ID. 
I live less than ten mins walk to Plaza Mayor in Madrid. I went for my weekly shop this morning. There were 2 people in the shop. I saw one person on my way there and an empty bus. 
Mad that nearly a thousand people a day are dying and people in the UK are still going to the shops in twos and the utter clusterfuck of a UK government still cant give clear advice or be held to account by the press. 

The sad thing is I can see them trying to sweep an enquiry under the rug and state the nation needs time to heal before discussing the Coronavirus crisis.

Presumably we should be seeing the lockdown measures starting to have an impact on our graph. From a cursory glance at Spain and Italy, once they instituted pretty harsh pock down conditions, ~2-3 weeks after that their graphs started to level out. I guess if our graph doesn't level out similarly then that will be the evidence that our British exceptionalism form of lockdown has been more ineffective than others'

When it comes down to it, the main thing was to reduce pressure on the nhs and not breach capacity - so if we do that successfully some will call our measures a success, but in reality having the most deaths, lowest testing and (for want of a better adjective) poorer graphs isn't a good look and I'm not sure I'd accept them as good enough in that case. 

25 minutes ago, JMDP said:

I was out a walk there and it's the busiest I've seen the streets in Shawlands/Battlefield/Mount Florida apart from when there's a game or event on at Hampden. Says me out in the street adding to it.

Edited by Marshmallo

1 hour ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Some people will be dissapointed they only read the headline and not the full story 😉

2 hours ago, beefybake said:

Well, OK, but hey, how about the sh*te and fakery that floats around Twitter, and Facebook etc ?

I do recall the old saying that every newspaper is tomorrow's fish and chip wrapper. However, within

that, I've found the Guardian online to be doing a decent job of flagging up and pursuing the awkward questions

that need to be asked. 

I agree with you, the Guardian is fighting the tide of bullsh*t, I'm sure there will be others online. More power to them.