Coronavirus (COVID-19)

9 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Harsh !!

That's what I mean though, what 's the difference between cycling and golfing from a risk perspective ? I'd actually say cycling is far more dangerous both in terms of breaching social distancing and for a general risk of personal injury which would obviously impact the emergency sevices.

If you allow folk to play golf then the courses would be mobbed and golfers would stop to gossip. You'd also have folk wanting to play fitba, bowls, tennis, go fishing, camping etc, it just wouldn't work.

Walking, cycling and running are allowed basically just for exercise

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-woman-named-and-shamed-by-neighbours-on-facebook-for-not-joining-clap-for-carers-11978192

These c***s need a good kicking.  That is not hyperbole, they are a fucking disgraceful sub-species.

Ive stated before that the mrs and i are front line workers with the mrs being an nhs doctor, last night was our first proper night off together for a wee while and id got us a wee takeaway curry, we had just got the wee man down (whos dealing with this very well but is at the terrible twos stage and needs his sleep). We’d just sat down to our chicken tikka when dicks all around banging pots and pans and playing bagpipes and all that shite, so that woke the wee man up, dinner fucked and no time to ourselves. Aye thanks for carers. Shower of virtue signalling p***ks.

Just now, bennett said:

If you allow folk to play golf then the courses would be mobbed and golfers would stop to gossip. You'd also have folk wanting to play fitba, bowls, tennis, go fishing, camping etc, it just wouldn't work.

Walking, cycling and running are allowed basically just for exercise

A cull of golfers wouldn’t be the worst thing.

15 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Ive stated before that the mrs and i are front line workers with the mrs being an nhs doctor, last night was our first proper night off together for a wee while and id got us a wee takeaway curry, we had just got the wee man down (whos dealing with this very well but is at the terrible twos stage and needs his sleep). We’d just sat down to our chicken tikka when dicks all around banging pots and pans and playing bagpipes and all that shite, so that woke the wee man up, dinner fucked and no time to ourselves. Aye thanks for carers. Shower of virtue signalling p***ks.

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, Savage Henry said:

He looks a bit like Mixu Paatalainen if you squint.

Grant Shapps is undoubtedly a c**t, but I’d probably have him manage United before I’d have Mixu back.

It's interesting that the leaked pandemic planning document says that we should expect three waves. Presumably that would be now then again at the beginning of winter and a final wave next spring.

I got pelted for saying no foreign holidays for a few years but it's looking more and more likely. 

The document in question, so far as it addresses diseases, talks most about an influenza pandemic that would come in waves. It briefly mentions coronavirus as having a much lesser impact along the lines of SARS and MERS. Its basically the same advice we have heard for years, that the most likely high impact event for UK risk assessment is a flu pandemic akin to either Spanish flu of the early 20th century or a more transmittable variant of H5N1. 

9 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Does the government not have an automatic PowerPoint slide show button?

Next slide please, ffs

This does my head in. We’re trusting the fate of the nation in fuckers who don’t know how to work a Bluetooth clicker.