Coronavirus (COVID-19)

9 hours ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

We've been vaccinating for five months now, and they open Twickenham now. What's fucking brilliant about that? Rugby season finished now, is it?

They are obviously changing tactics for u40s where there will be more refusals so getting the people who are enthusiastic enough to go to a walk in early makes sense. 

The country is swimming in AZ vaccine and this tiny safety concern should be optional as was originally intended.

Get AZ walk ins and let the under 40s decide for themselves if they will take a shot of AZ.

Would you take it ?

The country is swimming in AZ vaccine and this tiny safety concern should be optional as was originally intended.
Get AZ walk ins and let the under 40s decide for themselves if they will take a shot of AZ.
Would you take it ?
I'm 29 and would quite happily take it.

The younger age groups will probably be more willing to be flexible in terms of just turning up for a jab, so utilising big venues like Twickenham to make sure wastage is minimised is a good idea.  They're easily accessible and big enough so you you can comfortably fire through lots of folk.  

We maybe don't need to be throwing open the doors to Murrayfield or wherever to do this, but it would be good if our default policy was to see how much wastage there could potentially be by mid-afternoon and use social media and local businesses to get jabs in arms.  For example, Ingilston could be speaking with local employers like the airport, RBS , Heriot Watt etc. to get the word out that drop-ins are available.  I know some centres are probably doing this, but it seems to depend on the centre as to what happens with surplus doses.   If there was a clear and consistent policy it may go some way to allay concerns that we're sitting on our heels with this.  

26 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Would you take it ?

I'm 30 and I would have, but was given Pfizer anyway.

Currently down at the Lagoon Centre in Paisley for the walk in vaccinations, it doesn’t open up until 9am but there’s a good sized queue which is good to see. 

On the subject of younger people and vaccinations one of my colleagues at work is 19 and is desperate to be vaccinated .

Further to my point the week before last about how slow some parts of Scotland are at getting the good stuff into people's arms, a good mate of mine is 40 next week, correctly registered with his local GP (and has been for years) and hasn't heard a peep about getting his vaccine.  Yet there's folk 10-15 years younger than him in other parts of Scotland who already have their appointment for their 2nd dose.

I'm 35 and don't expect my blue envelope to drop/text to be received until July at the earliest.  We both live in Inverness btw.

27 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Further to my point the week before last about how slow some parts of Scotland are at getting the good stuff into people's arms, a good mate of mine is 40 next week, correctly registered with his local GP (and has been for years) and hasn't heard a peep about getting his vaccine.  Yet there's folk 10-15 years younger than him in other parts of Scotland who already have their appointment for their 2nd dose.

I'm 35 and don't expect my blue envelope to drop/text to be received until July at the earliest.  We both live in Inverness btw.

I understand if you register to be vaccinated then the Blue envelope is generated pronto.  Irrelevant of age.   Proof in my work where a few under 30s registered and have blue letters. Those that did not, do not.

3 minutes ago, superbigal said:

I understand if you register to be vaccinated then the Blue envelope is generated pronto.  Irrelevant of age.   Proof in my work where a few under 30s registered and have blue letters. Those that did not, do not.

We've both been with our respective GPs for over 20 years and neither of us have heard a peep.  I called up 2 weeks ago and was told my GP are still doing the over 40s.

42 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Jump on the link somebody previously posted.

edit for link; Create - Missing invitations contact form (nhs.scot)

I completed it a few weeks ago and was told to wait for an envelope Just filled out again, had a text 5 mins later saying my appointment was in Moffat on the 19th June. Can't do that date so phoned the number on the SMS message, they answered within 5 minutes and I now have an appointment on Thursday morning at 9:36 in Dumfries. 

Edited by Mallo_Madrid

8 minutes ago, Mallo_Madrid said:

Jump on the link somebody previously posted.

edit for link; Create - Missing invitations contact form (nhs.scot)

I completed it a few weeks ago and was told to wait for an envelope Just filled out again, had a text 5 mins later saying my appointment was in Moffat on the 19th June. Can't do that date so phoned the number on the SMS message, they answered within 5 minutes and I now have an appointment on Thursday morning at 9:36 in Dumfries. 

Yeah I've filled it out a couple of times in the last fortnight.  I'm guessing NHS Highland are just miles behind.

We've both been with our respective GPs for over 20 years and neither of us have heard a peep.  I called up 2 weeks ago and was told my GP are still doing the over 40s.

There can be regional variation of course, and NHS Highland seem to have favoured GP clinics over the mass sites so there’ll even be differences between practices five minutes away from each other. 75% of the Highlands adult population has had a first dose, I don’t doubt for a second there’ll be thousands younger than you already vaccinated.

All over 30’s should have an appointment. If you don’t, call 0800 030 8013 or fill this out again, even if you’ve tried it before: https://invitations.vacs.nhs.scot/

12 minutes ago, Paco said:

There can be regional variation of course, and NHS Highland seem to have favoured GP clinics over the mass sites so there’ll even be differences between practices five minutes away from each other. 75% of the Highlands adult population has had a first dose, I don’t doubt for a second there’ll be thousands younger than you already vaccinated.

All over 30’s should have an appointment. If you don’t, call 0800 030 8013 or fill this out again, even if you’ve tried it before: https://invitations.vacs.nhs.scot/

I'd guess the population density of the NHS Highland area doesn't lend itself to setting up the mass sites.  Each site would have to cover a huge geographic spread and make it far more difficult to travel to compared to other NHS areas.

1 hour ago, superbigal said:

Would you take it ?

Can only speak for myself here (and I don't live in Scotland) but was told at the point of booking my vaccine that I'd be given Pfizer in line with Government guidelines. If I wanted AZ instead then I would have to book into a separate clinic (inevitably at a later date). 

I'd also have taken AZ if offered it. The decision to move under 40s to Pfizer was made just before I got my appointment.

2 minutes ago, Left Back said:

I'd guess the population density of the NHS Highland area doesn't lend itself to setting up the mass sites.  Each site would have to cover a huge geographic spread and make it far more difficult to travel to compared to other NHS areas.

I agree but I think they could easily have one set up in Inverness, it's population alone nearly 70,000, and you could have others coming from the other towns close by to push that close to 100,000.  Granted not all of that 100,000 will take the vaccine and/or are children but it's still a fair amount of folk.  You could get through a lot of that number in 2-3 weeks IMO.

5 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I agree but I think they could easily have one set up in Inverness, it's population alone nearly 70,000, and you could have others coming from the other towns close by to push that close to 100,000.  Granted not all of that 100,000 will take the vaccine and/or are children but it's still a fair amount of folk.  You could get through a lot of that number in 2-3 weeks IMO.

I'd assumed there was one in Inverness.  Seems daft not to have a large site in the main urban area .

ETA.  I think Inverness has roughly the same population as Perth.  Perth has a large vaccination site that I had to travel to which was just over 20 miles for me.  If Perth can support that surely Inverness could have.

Edited by Left Back

10 hours ago, Elixir said:

Quite simply, given Scotland still has considerably less people with immunity in the population relative to elsewhere in the UK, the Scottish Government should absolutely be going hell for leather like the Taffs are, as this is clearly reflected in our respective infection rates - which for the time being will make Scot Gov stall on easing restrictions further, therefore harming businesses and the economy. Wales likely won't have this problem. Things here could be going considerably better than they are if not for largely ineffective administrative procedures.

As I was saying...

Edit:

Edited by Elixir

Just back from my second jab at the Drop In at Paisley, when I arrived the queue was about 25 people in front of me ,it's now about 400m long and growing , it shows that there is a demand for this type of vaccination centre.

9 minutes ago, Elixir said:

As I was saying...

Edit:

I didn't realise until I read that thread there (and confirmed it elsewhere) that household mixing outside of bubbles is not allowed in Wales and won't be allowed until the 4th of June.