Coronavirus (COVID-19)

7 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Humza caught talking pish again. Lord knows how he keeps getting the posts that he does.

Because he’s less of a moron than those in the queue behind him for those jobs.  Shows the state of politicians in the country when he’s one of the “best”.  Exactly the same with Swinney who has doubled down on this pish.  Pair of utter idiots.

2 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:
2 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:
Went to Ikea this morning for the first time in 18 months. Now, shopping at Ikea is a nightmare at the best of times, but today was beyond parody. 
Straight away we were stopped at the red traffic light system at the door, because 3 people went in in front of us. If the red light wasn't enough, you had a girl there specifically to shout 'STOP' when the light goes on. 
There must have been a thousand hand sanitising stations in the damn place, despite the fact that it's now proven that the virus barely transmits on hard surfaces. All staff at kitchen departments are hidden away behind hard plastic screens, with masks on, so you can't hear them and they can't hear you. Every little show area has massive signs saying 'ONLY 1 PERSON/FAMILY UNIT ALLOWED IN HERE', and hilariously, they've taken away the wee pencils that you could use/steal. 
To top it all, and something that boiled ma piss, was the fact that to get a CUP OF FUCKING COFFEE, you had to reserve online for a time slot in the restaurant. We turned up at the entrance not knowing this, and were promptly given the bum's rush by the Ikea gauleiterin because we hadn't booked a slot. There were a hundred free tables, but she wanted us to stand there, reserve a table with my phone, fill in the track & trace, and then be shown to a table.....for a coffee. 
Away and f**k. 
When will this insanity stop ? Will places like Ikea continue for this with years, all because of 'just in case' ? Will people continue to put up with this, as if it's normal ?

That's my experience of most cafe / pub venues since reopening. Utterly soul destroying.

I've yet to go to a restaurant or a pub. Check ins, time slots, regimented nonsense etc is not my idea of a relaxing time. If I'm out anywhere (like I was at Glasgow yesterday) I'll either get something and eat it in the car. Yesterday a place let me sit it in the outdoor area without asking for details, dont know if that's the norm or the exception though 

8 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Because he’s less of a moron than those in the queue behind him for those jobs.  Shows the state of politicians in the country when he’s one of the “best”.  Exactly the same with Swinney who has doubled down on this pish.  Pair of utter idiots.

Chuntering on about stuff that you have no clue about, as Mr Yousef has done here, is pretty moronic. Not doing this is essentially why people think Sturgeon has done well during the pandemic, despite thousands of deaths and three waves.

2 hours ago, Donathan said:

Old Shappsy dropping a “we just don’t know” bomb 

DAD03C4D-BFF9-415B-B47F-5F66699EAA94.png

Perhaps I'm just thick but how are they able to tell where the variant came from? Is it just a case of seeing a load of folk who've tested positive have been in India or Nepal and getting a correlation from that? 

24 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Humza caught talking pish again. Lord knows how he keeps getting the posts that he does.

Clownshoes was pushing the same message on tonights news.  Rebutted by a paediatrician saying children are not being admitted to hospital with covid.  Might have been the same guy in the tweet but i didn’t catch the name.

Guest Bob Mahelp
33 minutes ago, Elixir said:

I can only hope once we reach Israeli levels of vaccine coverage that this dystopian insanity ends.

It looks like this is the end game. All the shite about 'vaccinating vulnerable groups and then we can all relax', was just that. Shite. 

There's no intention of letting go of restrictions in the short to medium term. Johnson and Sturgeon are both crossing their fingers, clicking their heels, and praying that the vaccines squash the virus. The thing is, the can is getting kicked further down the road and it will be until probably September at the earliest, when both of them will be forced to confront the reality that 80% of the population are vaccinated and that the virus rarely causes any serious damage. 

Forget holidays abroad this summer.  We're trapped.

3 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Perhaps I'm just thick but how are they able to tell where the variant came from? Is it just a case of seeing a load of folk who've tested positive have been in India or Nepal and getting a correlation from that? 

Genomic sequencing.  Even countries that don’t have the facilities get some of their samples sequenced by the likes of us.  As you say in the early days of a variant more samples will appear (percentage wise) in the originating country.

30 minutes ago, BigDoddyKane said:

hes incompetent, giving him the health job at the best of times would be strange in middle of a pandemic is beyond that

Incompetent and dangerous. It was a wild take calling out Rangers players for singing FTP when they didnt, but quite another to spread fear and lies. People like him, Devi, JL etc shouldn't have a public voice on these matters as they're doing more harm than good 

20 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

When they do the genomic sequencing, it shows you a wee Nepal flag under the microscope. 

8 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Mental to trott out scare stories when the Comms teams should be working on dialing back the fear. They have done some but no where near enough and then chucking this in is just mad.

1 hour ago, renton said:

So there is, what? Another 700,000 adults needing a first dose before we get to the U18s? At current vaccination rate that's about 35 days away. So call it July give or take. Then start of September until everyone is second dosed assuming the same rate (which might actually go faster if no more first doses needed)

Then it's booster time for the vulnerable!

1 hour ago, Elixir said:

Embarrassing. Another needing their head flushed down the pan and then fired out Mons Meg. The airlines and travel industry should be filing court proceedings at this point.

I can only hope once we reach Israeli levels of vaccine coverage that this dystopian insanity ends.

Looking forward to the cluster of cases attributed to Nepalese people who have brought in the virus, despite a hotel quarantine system forcing people to spend £1750 to stay in a hotel room for 11 days. 

It looks like this is the end game. All the shite about 'vaccinating vulnerable groups and then we can all relax', was just that. Shite. 
There's no intention of letting go of restrictions in the short to medium term. Johnson and Sturgeon are both crossing their fingers, clicking their heels, and praying that the vaccines squash the virus. The thing is, the can is getting kicked further down the road and it will be until probably September at the earliest, when both of them will be forced to confront the reality that 80% of the population are vaccinated and that the virus rarely causes any serious damage. 
Forget holidays abroad this summer.  We're trapped.
Governments the world over are shit scared of fucking up again having got it so wrong during the first and second waves.

Mental to trott out scare stories when the Comms teams should be working on dialing back the fear. They have done some but no where near enough and then chucking this in is just mad.
Not content with criminalising completely normal behaviour, they are now telling people they are potentially murderers for doing things that they are allowed to do. Incredible stuff.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
7 minutes ago, 101 said:

Not content with criminalising completely normal behaviour, they are now telling people they are potentially murderers for doing things that they are allowed to do. Incredible stuff.

At least we know they care though.

2 hours ago, Donathan said:

Old Shappsy dropping a “we just don’t know” bomb 

DAD03C4D-BFF9-415B-B47F-5F66699EAA94.png

The variant chat used to make me seething and almost argumentative with folk but I find it all really mentally draining now. The folk peddling this shite and brainwashing folk into thinking I'm still at a risk even though I'm completely vaccinated and am completely safe can go and f**k themselves. 

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
11 minutes ago, 101 said:

Aye complete own goal that said families should be banned from public spaces if they can't control their weans hopefully this is maintained post Covid ;)