Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Toby Young, 25th June 2020

But I’m going to go out on a limb and predict there will be no “second spike” – not now, and not in the autumn either. The virus has melted into thin air. It’s time to get back to normal.

No video, I’m afraid.
Just read about it - John Hopkins university
If you reckon it’s crap, let’s hear from you.

Sure sure; you scour journal archives and publishers as a hobby right enough. [emoji23]

No idea why you’d just not admit you got your info from this video. Also wonder why you didn’t publish a link to aforementioned study?

12 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

Sure sure; you scour journal archives and publishers as a hobby right enough. emoji23.png

No idea why you’d just not admit you got your info from this video. Also wonder why you didn’t publish a link to aforementioned study?

No - I read about it in the Telegraph although Dr Campbell is worth following.

13 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

Sure sure; you scour journal archives and publishers as a hobby right enough. emoji23.png

Tbf I clocked it myself on twitter so it's perfectly plausible that he did not watch that video.

49 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Toby Young, 25th June 2020

46 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Toby Young - a hero!!!

That's where we're at here people.

24 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

Not surprised @Todd_is_God has given you a Reddie.  I think he claimed that it was over as a public health emergency in August 2020.

The Scottish Government Simps here are basically just on the opposite side of the horseshoe from Toby Young. Like moths to a flame.

3 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

https://bit.ly/3opP5BM

This is the JH study. 

Thank you.

i just read a summary but the point is that there are going to be more and more studies like it as part of the conclusions regarding the actions taken by governments, right or wrong.

Back in Spring 2020 my family decided to ignore, as far as possible, all the lockdown rules imposed by government.

That was our decision, as it should have been, I contend for everyone.

38 minutes ago, Elixir said:

The Scottish Government Simps here are basically just on the opposite side of the horseshoe from Toby Young. Like moths to a flame.

In what sense can I be characterised as a "Scottish Government Simp"?

Aim for some precision, and try to use supporting evidence, in your answer.

Almost a year ago to the day.

The single worst piece of Covid journalism imo.

Connor Gillies essentially guilt tripping lonely students and accusing them of such gross irresponsibly that families affected by covid deaths can direct their anger on them.

https://m.facebook.com/bbcscotlandnews/videos/police-officers-break-up-illegal-lockdown-gatherings/135034355056340/

Edited by Abdul_Latif

My mask has been thrown in the bin tonight. I've been sticking it on going into shops or indoor areas up until now purely to avoid any hassle, but tonight I went to a gig at the concert hall and was stopped from taking a pint to my seat and informed I could only drink water mask free at my seat. At this stage, when everycunt around the world is removing restrcitions, we're still fannying about with pointless shit like this. I cannot fathom what venues or government p***ks think they are achieving with this shit, nor can I fathom what science is being followed. 

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

My mask has been thrown in the bin tonight. I've been sticking it on going into shops or indoor areas up until now purely to avoid any hassle, but tonight I went to a gig at the concert hall and was stopped from taking a pint to my seat and informed I could only drink water mask free at my seat. At this stage, when everycunt around the world is removing restrcitions, we're still fannying about with pointless shit like this. I cannot fathom what venues or government p***ks think they are achieving with this shit, nor can I fathom what science is being followed. 

Just back from Orlando, was really nice to get away from Scotland, life returning to normal over there. Masks only required indoors at disney and in airport, rest of the time people were just basically back to normal. Went to the basketball and had no bother taking a drink to my seat. 

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

That is fucking crazy :lol: