Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, Detournement said:

It's not even two years since Sturgeon was talking about eradicating Covid from Scotland. She is a fucking clown. 

NS fell right into a hole where her number one priority was to come across as being more calculated, caring and, ultimately, more in control of the virus than Boris Johnson.

The blame for some of her claims absolutely should be shouldered by her advisors, but that she did not seem to question them at any point does not reflect well on her judgement.

6 hours ago, Snafu said:

At work we have been more affected in the last few months with people being off than at any other time during the last two years. I also have to be aware of if I'm feeling well or not so I can visit my mother in her care home as I would with any other infectious virus.

It's a hypochondriac/lazy chancer's dream. Especially if they hoarded a load of shan LFTs.

What is the point in this article?

Firstly, it is using the Zoe App to come up with the figures - a ludicrous data source which should immediately result in it going straight into the bin.

Secondly, despite the headline accusing the government of ignoring these rises, it goes on to point out cases have already plateaued in most of the UK, and expects England to do so next week anyway. So what is it wanting the Government to do, and what harm do they believe has come from this inaction?

I see that's this latest nothing burger of a 'wave' now peaked and on the way down UK-wide, not just in Scotland.

How low will the scaremongering psychos stoop next time? Stay tuned to find out in the autumn when the latest variant drops!

20220713-182204.jpg

Of course there's one section of the UK media where the self-pity about the shan cold never sleeps. I speak of course about The Guardian online:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/jul/13/working-single-parents-covid-pandemic

Who will support us if my child gets Covid? There is no childcare for Covid-positive children (nor should there be) and I have no family and friends who can step in. If my child gets Covid I will stay home, on unpaid leave, to look after him. What will happen if I get Covid? It will be the same story. And no wage means more hardship.

Being a single parent is a hardship - this is not news.

The only relevant fact is highlighted in bold. The author made a terrible choice (the UK not being Mississippi) to have a child without thinking about having a credible support network around them to do so. This is apparently society's fault for its current Covid response for reasons. 

Swap 'flu' for Covid into each part of the above and would the media be running with this non-sequitur 'argument'? I don't think so!

Then it somehow gets more unhinged:

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2022/jul/13/expectant-mothers-like-me-feel-weve-been-abandoned-to-covid

That's right - everyone in society should be obliged by law to wear masks, because expectant mothers are concerned that they might have to give birth without their man in the hospital. 🤡

There aren't enough truncheons in stock globally to deal with all the busybody wet wipes to have emerged within UK society.

Edited by vikingTON

2 minutes ago, virginton said:

Of course there's one section of the UK media where the self-pity about the shan cold never stops. I speak of course about The Guardian online:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/jul/13/working-single-parents-covid-pandemic

The only relevant fact is highlighted in bold. The author made a terrible choice (the UK not being Mississippi) to have a child without thinking about having a credible support network around them. This is apparently society's fault for its Covid response for reasons. 

Swap 'flu' for Covid into each part of the above and would the media be running with this non-sequitur 'argument'? I don't think so!

Then it somehow gets more unhinged:

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2022/jul/13/expectant-mothers-like-me-feel-weve-been-abandoned-to-covid

That's right - everyone in society should be obliged by law to wear masks, because expectant mothers are concerned that they might have to give birth without their man in the hospital. 🤡

There aren't enough truncheons in stock globally to deal with all the busybody wet wipes to have emerged within UK society.

Having family/friends step in and/or taking unpaid leave/holiday days applies to all kids that are unwell and was the case long before covid. 

My daughter has never had covid but I’ve had to take leave for various reasons because nursery have decided she’s a bit Ill and needs to go home. 

Its shite but it comes with the territory. 

This week’s excess deaths in the U.K. were 12.1% above the average, the vast majority non covid

This run of excess deaths began shortly after the booster roll out

They may well be unconnected but you would think it would at least be investigated and reported on

The fact that it’s not being investigated and reported on suggests that government and the media are worried about what they may find 

1 hour ago, Captain Saintsible said:

This week’s excess deaths in the U.K. were 12.1% above the average, the vast majority non covid

They may well be unconnected but you would think it would at least be investigated and reported on

The fact that it’s not being investigated and reported on suggests that government and the media are worried about what they may find 

Turdisani made reference to them - of course her conclusion was that those at home are really Covid deaths, but they are just not being recorded because free universal testing has ended...

1 hour ago, Captain Saintsible said:

As far as I can tell all the UK governments have also stopped reporting hospitalisations and deaths in terms of vaccination status. 

1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

Turdisani made reference to them - of course her conclusion was that those at home are really Covid deaths, but they are just not being recorded because free universal testing has ended...

Not like the clown princess of fake sage to make claims without producing evidence. It would be on the death certificate if suspected as a cause, although that of course doesn't fit in with Gurdasani's narrative. 

I suspect not much is being said because it might wella very reveal an ugly truth: people are dying as an effect of covid measures and lockdown prevented them from getting the help they needed, at the time they really needed it. I fear we are going to see a couple of years of preventable deaths as a result. 

4 hours ago, Michael W said:

Not like the clown princess of fake sage to make claims without producing evidence. It would be on the death certificate if suspected as a cause, although that of course doesn't fit in with Gurdasani's narrative. 

I suspect not much is being said because it might wella very reveal an ugly truth: people are dying as an effect of covid measures and lockdown prevented them from getting the help they needed, at the time they really needed it. I fear we are going to see a couple of years of preventable deaths as a result. 

3 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Those playing the moral high ground card with lockdown and continued restrictions have gone very quiet on the whole since excess deaths started rising.

Yup, all those health issues that were missed as we stayed home to protect the National Health Religion Service now well and truly coming home to roost. We knew this was a can being kicked down the road at the time as well due to the massive drop in numbers being diagnosed compared to what would typically be expected.

Are the Swedes currently experiencing similar?

according to the data from the Zoe App study

mourinho-shaking-head.gif.ea2b5d1a2cc4d6d03013d8fddff08877.gif

At least the vast majority of losers who have still signed up to Zoe App are now being fleeced for their data by a nutrition company as nature intended. The 2022 version of the wallet inspector in force. 

It's some laugh describing the cancellation of all of your plans as 'taking precautions' 

Of course this and effectively more lockdown is what the doom mongers really mean when they say they want more measures in place to stop covid, but they'll never admit that.