Star Trek: Picard

King Kebab

Finally finished this last night then worked my way from Page 1 of this thread to the end. Interesting to look back on some of the comments from Seasons 1 and 2. Quickly on that, it's a shame they didn't at least mention Rios, Laris, Elnor etc (didn't Elnor go onto the Excelsior? Wasn't that the ship that got destroyed? JLP could have asked someone "isn't Elnor on that ship?" or something when they contacted them then been raging that he'd died). Wesley, Dr Pulaski, Shelby, Guinean, etc all mentioned at the very least (Pulaski as the name of one of the ships) as well as the NX-01, the Enterprise A etc. so seems as if the writers were deliberately saying seasons 1 and 2 didn't exist (even more so with the Jurati Borg Queen not being mentioned let one in the episode). Also saw in the credits that Alison Kruge (the Borg Queen in First Contact and the finale of Voyager) was given a voice credit but not a played by credit - is she not a working actress any more or something? Seems odd. Speaking of voice actors, I see they recreated Majel Barrett's voice for the D.

Onto the actual series and final episode(s). Thought it was very good for the most part. Plenty of humour (Riker not being able to lift the sword, Worf raging about playing poker and being forced to fold early again), plenty of action, a fee scary moments and of course plenty of fan service. I enjoyed it but then I'm a big TNG fan. Seems odd that they seemed to have spent a shed load on this but didn't have the budget (allegedly) for Admiral Janeway to give Seven her promotion but Tuvok was fine enough compensation I guess. Not sure Legacy will ever see the light of day and even if it did Jack was my least favorite aspect of the series so I might not bother anyway. Ach, who am I kidding?

On 07/05/2023 at 08:56, Salvo Montalbano said:

Finally finished this last night then worked my way from Page 1 of this thread to the end. Interesting to look back on some of the comments from Seasons 1 and 2. Quickly on that, it's a shame they didn't at least mention Rios, Laris, Elnor etc (didn't Elnor go onto the Excelsior? Wasn't that the ship that got destroyed? JLP could have asked someone "isn't Elnor on that ship?" or something when they contacted them then been raging that he'd died). Wesley, Dr Pulaski, Shelby, Guinean, etc all mentioned at the very least (Pulaski as the name of one of the ships) as well as the NX-01, the Enterprise A etc. so seems as if the writers were deliberately saying seasons 1 and 2 didn't exist (even more so with the Jurati Borg Queen not being mentioned let one in the episode). Also saw in the credits that Alison Kruge (the Borg Queen in First Contact and the finale of Voyager) was given a voice credit but not a played by credit - is she not a working actress any more or something? Seems odd. Speaking of voice actors, I see they recreated Majel Barrett's voice for the D.

Onto the actual series and final episode(s). Thought it was very good for the most part. Plenty of humour (Riker not being able to lift the sword, Worf raging about playing poker and being forced to fold early again), plenty of action, a fee scary moments and of course plenty of fan service. I enjoyed it but then I'm a big TNG fan. Seems odd that they seemed to have spent a shed load on this but didn't have the budget (allegedly) for Admiral Janeway to give Seven her promotion but Tuvok was fine enough compensation I guess. Not sure Legacy will ever see the light of day and even if it did Jack was my least favorite aspect of the series so I might not bother anyway. Ach, who am I kidding?

A fair enough summary. Just a few wee points I'd pick up.

On the Borg Queen, in season 2 she was played by Annie Wersching. But, she became too ill to reprise the role for season 3 (she died of cancer in January). So they gave Alice Krige the voice credit and used a body double; suggestions that this was due to her availability and not being all that willing to go through all the hours of make-up. 

On Janeway, officially they couldn't afford to bring her in for a cameo. But also, the actress who played her and Jeri Ryan loathe each other. Jeri Ryan apparently said after Voyager she would never work with Kate Mulgrew again.