Queens v Dunfermline

Hamilton must never play left wing again. Feel for the lad. But he's wasted out there. Don't care how we structure that midfield, most of time we bypass it with punted balls anyway, but let's try two up but let's go with Dobbie and Hamilton.
Don't worry I'm sure Petra's clearance will be through next week and he can take the role of "poor sod who is expected to take down every single high ball booted at him and magically create something".

As bad as things look, let’s see what happens when everyone’s one fit and we can get the new boys in. 

Surely he won’t once Petra’s fit? 

Pretty sure today’s selection was dictated by the international clearances and other players not being fully fit. 

We need to keep the faith. 
Have you been attending these games m8 or just reading reports? It's a young lad and Petra from the worst Falkirk side in history we have to come in. I think you're going to be majorly disappointed if you expect these two to suddenly turn us from utter shite to good.

Don't worry I'm sure Petra's clearance will be through next week and he can take the role of "poor sod who is expected to take down every single high ball booted at him and magically create something".
Says a lot when of the few players who seemed prepared to put foot on ball and try and find a man were Wilson and Devine, our centre halves.

Just now, Mr X said:

The evidence is all there. He didnt play at the start of the season because he wasnt fit. He didnt play after that because he wasnt fit. He came back into the team and look, er, unfit - different, but basically the same. He now isnt playing because he isnt fit.

Im sorry, but anyone who saw the Ayr game could see that isnt true. He might not be injured but he clearly isnt fit

Right, so neither of us really know. I don't think he looked "basically the same" at Dundee United as compared with Ayr. He was clearly fitter and performing much better v Ayr. A similar number of weeks have passed so actually, taking your approach and assuming there's a linear trajectory, he would be even fitter now.

AJ is capable when he can outspend everyone else and get an attacking 442 side with wingers.
In terms of defence and organisation hes a joke. We had a great side and chucked away the playoffs from a winning position.
Tactically hes out of his depth at this level.

Just now, Margaret Thatcher said:

Right, so neither of us really know. I don't think he looked "basically the same" at Dundee United as compared with Ayr. He was clearly fitter and performing much better v Ayr. A similar number of weeks have passed so actually, taking your approach and assuming there's a linear trajectory, he would be even fitter now.

No, you're right. The far more likely reason he's on the bench is that he's fully fit and AJ just doesnt play him :rolleyes:

If Semple hadn't put in a MotM performance against Ayr then I'd understand him being benched. Has his fitness seriously not improved since then? Why is he even on the bench if he's not going to be used? Even at 3-2 he should have been on and Wilson moved into the middle. If he isn't fit enough for 10 minutes he shouldn't be at the club let alone the bench.

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Have you been attending these games m8 or just reading reports? It's a young lad and Petra from the worst Falkirk side in history we have to come in. I think you're going to be majorly disappointed if you expect these two to suddenly turn us from utter shite to good.

We were also missing Kilday, Mercer, Osman and Murray today. Thats six possible changes to the team that played today.

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

If Semple hadn't put in a MotM performance against Ayr then I'd understand him being benched. Has his fitness seriously not improved since then? Why is he even on the bench if he's not going to be used? Even at 3-2 he should have been on and Wilson moved into the middle. If he isn't fit enough for 10 minutes he shouldn't be at the club let alone the bench.

:huh::o:unsure2:

2 minutes ago, Mr X said:
We were also missing Kilday, Mercer, Osman and Murray today. Thats six possible changes to the team that played today.

3 of whom were playing last week when we were arguably even shitter than today.

"whom" ... get you :P:lol:

Arguably even shitter thanks to one player who is not longer at the  club

3 minutes ago, Mr X said:
:huh:emoji33.png:unsure2:

Whether you agree he played well or not that day (he did), he still managed 70 minutes.

Manged being the operative word

Just now, Margaret Thatcher said:

You are your  own worst enemy. Have a bit of humility Albert Einstein

:lol:

Voted on by users of the live updates app, most of whom probably werent even at the game

4 minutes ago, Mr X said:

No, you're right. The far more likely reason he's on the bench is that he's fully fit and AJ just doesnt play him :rolleyes:

No, I agree with you, a player who had shed a lot of weight and got back to semi-fitness seven weeks ago has then plateaued, making him good enough for the bench but not as good as an 18 year old who has played one game for us and a CM out of position.

[emoji38]
Voted on by users of the live updates app, most of whom probably werent even at the game
Ayr were never in the game until Semple went off. We then almost lost it at the death. He couldn't do 90 minutes but he had a very good performance.

4 minutes ago, Margaret Thatcher said:

No, I agree with you, a player who had shed a lot of weight and got back to semi-fitness seven weeks ago has then plateaued, making him good enough for the bench but not as good as an 18 year old who has played one game for us and a CM out of position.

Glad we finally agree

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
5 minutes ago, Mr X said:
emoji38.png

Ayr were never in the game until Semple went off. We then almost lost it at the death. He couldn't do 90 minutes but he had a very good performance.

Apart from the Moffat chance in the first 30 seconds when Semple completely lost him? To suggest Ayr werent in the game and that it was down to Semple is simply wrong, Im afraid 

Yass. was sure we were going to lose at 2-2 with our players getting more and more frustrated at an inept referee. This guy is a lower league ref who seems to randomly get the odd championship match despite being nowhere near competent. Some absolutely incredible decisions. He was regularly within 5 yards with a clear view of 2 handed shoves happening from both sets of players and not taking any action. Getting easy throw in decisions wrong etc, then seemed surprised that he got stick for it.