Perth’s finest vs The capital’s rejuvenated Gegenpressmeisters

Once, when Albert Einstein was asked to explain relativity he said

“When you sit with a nice girl for two hours you think it’s only a minute, but when you sit on a hot stove for a minute you think it’s two hours. That’s relativity.”

Which only explains relativity for the second half of space-time.

On Sunday morning Perth was a god forsaken one horse town in the frozen highlands miles from civilization but by 4:50 pm it was just up the road from Edinburgh and a rather appealing destination for a day out.

IMG_0726.jpg.000ba611095f01482dc4eb76ea5b667a.jpg

Given our win on Saturday, I've downgraded this from a must win to a must not lose.

I'd stick with the 3-5-2 in this game as it seemed to compliment the players we have well.

We obviously have the smaller matter of taking a pumping off Celtic on Wednesday to worry about first.

Tommy is clever, but can almost guarantee this is one of the games where he tries to be too clever and it backfires.

Still out record against Hearts has improved recently. I’m not making any predications, see where we’re at confidence and injures wise after the Celtic game. Not that I think confidence will change, or at least that’s what Tommy should be saying.

Think it could be a draw and after yesterday's win probably means that wouldn't be a disaster.  1 point would take us off bottom assuming Hamilton don't beat Celtic, but a win could potentially see us go up to 10th while cutting the gap on St Johnstone County and or Killie, big incentive there.

Henderson and Moore to the bench for me with Meshino and Avdijaj coming in.

In a slump? Lost 1 in 8 pal. You've sold out your initial 500 tickets, do you want another stand?

Yes. A mere 4 wins in 11, make it 12 should you not beat Celtic before we lock horns, pal.
We’d be as well taking another stand, only be empty otherwise.

8 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

Yes. A mere 4 wins in 11, make it 12 should you not beat Celtic before we lock horns, pal.

That's more wins in 11 games than Hearts have accumulated in more than double that.

Since Motherwell gave us a doing we've looked a much better side. No world beaters by any stretch but we're at least not shooting ourselves in the foot every week.

That's more wins in 11 games than Hearts have accumulated in more than double that.
Since Motherwell gave us a doing we've looked a much better side. No world beaters by any stretch but we're at least not shooting ourselves in the foot every week.

Unbeaten this year, m9. We scored as many goals in one game (5) as you’ve managed this calendar year as well. Certainly no world beaters.

2 hours ago, NJ2 said:

They have, of course, been  in a long slow slump for about 5 years but I don't think that's what you meant. 

Given that they started with 4 points from the first 9 games it's hard to call St Johnstone's form  since then a slump.

In fact W4, D4, L4 would be the very definition of the kind of mid table respectability that a club like St Johnstone should be aspiring to in the first instance.

That said

They're not as good as Rangers so we should be capable of beating them

But they're probably a little better than Ross County so we're capable of dropping points

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

They have, of course, been  in a long slow slump for about 5 years but I don't think that's what you meant. 
Given that they started with 4 points from the first 9 games it's hard to call St Johnstone's form  since then a slump.
In fact W4, D4, L4 would be the very definition of the kind of mid table respectability that a club like St Johnstone should be aspiring to in the first instance.
That said
They're not as good as Rangers so we should be capable of beating them
But they're probably a little better than Ross County so we're capable of dropping points

Far less likely to antagonise any of Perthshire’s finest, needs work.

Given our win on Saturday, I've downgraded this from a must win to a must not lose.
I'd stick with the 3-5-2 in this game as it seemed to compliment the players we have well.
We obviously have the smaller matter of taking a pumping off Celtic on Wednesday to worry about first.

*complement

Tommy is clever, but can almost guarantee this is one of the games where he tries to be too clever and it backfires.

Still out record against Hearts has improved recently. I’m not making any predications, see where we’re at confidence and injures wise after the Celtic game. Not that I think confidence will change, or at least that’s what Tommy should be saying.
*predictions

It would be very typical of Hearts to follow up a brilliant home win with an insipid away performance. Fortunately, because of that win, a draw in this game, if a bit disappointing, is no longer a bad result if we can get it.

Posting a team line-up is even more pointless than it usually is because I'd imagine we'll add 2/3 new players to the squad this week, but:

Pereira

Smith Souttar Halkett White

Sibbick Irving

Washington Naismith Avdijaj

Boyce

Subs: Zlamal, Dikamona, Clare, Walker, Meshino, Henderson, Ikpeazu.

Dropping Clare would be very harsh, and I'll be surprised if Stendel does, but Smith is still one of our best players and Sibbick's arrival means he's no longer essential to the midfield. White played well yesterday, so I'd be inclined to keep him in at left-back. That front four, if it clicks, is potentially very exciting, although I also wouldn't be surprised to see Henderson keeping his place.

1 minute ago, DC92 said:

It would be very typical of Hearts to follow up a brilliant home win with an insipid away performance. Fortunately, because of that win, a draw in this game, if a bit disappointing, is no longer a bad result if we can get it.

Posting a team line-up is even more pointless than it usually is because I'd imagine we'll add 2/3 new players to the squad this week, but:

Pereira

Smith Souttar Halkett White

Sibbick Irving

Washington Naismith Avdijaj

Boyce

Subs: Zlamal, Dikamona, Clare, Walker, Meshino, Henderson, Ikpeazu.

Dropping Clare would be very harsh, and I'll be surprised if Stendel does, but Smith is still one of our best players and Sibbick's arrival means he's no longer essential to the midfield. White played well yesterday, so I'd be inclined to keep him in at left-back. That front four, if it clicks, is potentially very exciting, although I also wouldn't be surprised to see Henderson keeping his place.

If Hickey is fit he comes back in for me, White done well but Hickey is the better player.  

I suspect our 3-5-2 might cause Hearts issues at the back, and the two strikers will happily stay up the park and find themselves 2v2 against the centre halves. Cant imagine Hearts manager will change anything with that in mind though, seems very much the type who'd happily see Hearts go down playing his way rather than adapt to the situation.

No idea how the game will go though, Boyce is a huge problem and Naismith in there too should make this a vastly different game to the last two. I'd be happy with a draw and no ground given up tbh, suspect Hearts are no longer in much danger of going down, so matching them would be a good result.