Montrose vs Dumbarton

4 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

A Forfar win puts us only 4 points above the drop.

Even if we lose today and Forfar win, I don't think it does.  Tenth place equals automatic relegation but ninth results in a play-off situation.  In any case, only the other day folk on here werre talking about needing only four more wins to be safe.

That however is beginning to look like a mighty tall order.

20 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Even if we lose today and Forfar win, I don't think it does.  Tenth place equals automatic relegation but ninth results in a play-off situation.  In any case, only the other day folk on here werre talking about needing only four more wins to be safe.

That however is beginning to look like a mighty tall order.

Play-offs equals relegation for me.

3 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Must be 442 with Crossan and Jones up top. f**k knows how this will end up.

Was actually McCluskey and Jones up top. They didn't look particularly dangerous at any stage.

Hopefully Duffy starts with Jai and PJ up top together next week. They might not be a conventional strikforce but they were at least a wee bit threatening and exciting during their spell together today.

That aside we were ropey all over the pitch. I think not playing out from the back is a massive issue for us. We spend a lot of the game under pressure, the defenders win it back, bypass the midfield and hoof it to out strikers...who don't win anything and the opposition are back on the front foot.

In saying that it was scary how poor Carsy was today. I don't know if he's playing through injury or what, but he was so slack it was unreal.

The scoreline was hugely flattering to us. Montrose were in complete control after going ahead, so much so that I think our first shot on target was around the 89th minute. Montrose were fitter, faster and superior in every aspect of the game. Disappointing performance to say the least.
Spot on there; fair summary. Was surprised to see BBC stats had us at only 51% possession. Felt we were in complete control but too often played one pass too many, or failed to connect with some good quality crosses.

Many chances both halves to add to the tally, and thought it had more of a training game feel about it at times. The sort of game you wouldn't be surprised to grab a handful.

Dumbarton hit the post first half but very little else from memory. The fact that your keeper got the assist for your goal (iirc) suggests we had maybe switched off at the very end, but decent finish.

Would have had Masson as my motm rather than CJ, but it's another 3 points so while the clothes are still drying, I'm happy.

The scoreline was hugely flattering to us. Montrose were in complete control after going ahead, so much so that I think our first shot on target was around the 89th minute. Montrose were fitter, faster and superior in every aspect of the game. Disappointing performance to say the least.
Disappointing perhaps but hardly surprising. The club is struggling and the playing squad reflects that.

Such is the current situation that I don't think it's completely fair to apply the critical norms to performances, personal or collective, as this season has been as much an exercise in fielding a team, never mind winning games.

When you compare the set-ups at clubs like Montrose, Arbroath and Cove it merely highlights our slide into, well, who knows what ?