Alloa Athletic vs Ayr United

The team or just Roscoe?

The team! We didn’t keep the ball at all well. First half we disctated things for large spells but still looked dodgy defensively at times. Roscoe kept getting caught under high balls.

Bell had a couple of dodgy moments too.

We won though!

The team! We didn’t keep the ball at all well. First half we disctated things for large spells but still looked dodgy defensively at times. Roscoe kept getting caught under high balls.

Bell had a couple of dodgy moments too.

We won though!

That report doesn’t fill me with confidence with 3 games against the Dundee clubs!

With Deas out (thats 2 keepers 2 centre halfs out now ) young loan keeper, who cocked up for the first i believe, i wasn't too confident 

after first ten minutes you knew what was in store , typical Alloa ayr encounter ,we were poor , why Grant persisted with Thompson when he looked done i do not know

We need another 4 win on the trot sequence like last season, or we are in big trouble  . we need wins  not draws with the odd win 

Noticed Kerr made the point of saying that Alloa’s pitch helped us whilst our pitch maybe hasn’t allowed us to play our usual game.

Can see him pushing for us to get an Astro pitch tbh and if it’s one of the better ones then I’m not entirely against it.

I’m one who’s voiced displeasure about Forrest recently and 1 game won’t change my mind. Want to see him go on a little run this month now and properly prove me wrong. Like I said on twitter, one swallow doesn’t make a summer. 

Apart from the fact he’s had a quiet couple of months and was excellent for the previous six months... everyone is going to have a drop off and our fans have been far too critical of him.

Noticed Kerr made the point of saying that Alloa’s pitch helped us whilst our pitch maybe hasn’t allowed us to play our usual game.

Can see him pushing for us to get an Astro pitch tbh and if it’s one of the better ones then I’m not entirely against it.

I wouldn't be dead against it either if we got a top notch astro park. But historically I'm pretty sure our pitch has been one of the better grass pitches out there, especially when Harko was in charge.

I'm sure that Lachlan has said as long as he's in charge we'll be at Somerset with a grass surface... I may be wrong though. I think the surface today was great. Raith have also done it...

I wouldn't be dead against it either if we got a top notch astro park. But historically I'm pretty sure our pitch has been one of the better grass pitches out there, especially when Harko was in charge. 
I'm sure that Lachlan has said as long as he's in charge we'll be at Somerset with a grass surface... I may be wrong though. I think the surface today was great. Raith have also done it...

I’m sure Lachlan said that he would love to put down Astro turf but the cost was too great

I’ve always been really against it, but I think if we had today’s surface at home every game we would have more points than we currently do. Ultimately though, our players with that style of play are moving on...

Be interesting to get our players take on it.

1 hour ago, callum-ayr said:

I’m one who’s voiced displeasure about Forrest recently and 1 game won’t change my mind. Want to see him go on a little run this month now and properly prove me wrong. Like I said on twitter, one swallow doesn’t make a summer. 

For a 23 year old who has scored over 50 goals for us, Forrest seems to get a ridiculous amount of grief from some quarters.