Home Haircuts

Venti

• 2 years later...
8 hours ago, hividoy said:

I've been wanting to cut my hair for a while now. I'm from a Sikh family. If you're not familiar with Sikhs: we're not actually allowed to cut our hair according to our religion. My family's somewhat religious and although my mum approves me trimming the ends as long as I keep the length, my dad disapproves entirely. I live in London; going to a hair salon here is ridiculous! They don't care how many inches I want to get rid of, they freak out when they see the length and charge extra accordingly, even if I only want an inch trimmed off the end. That's out of the question since I don't fancy paying £20 for a wee trim! When my sister used to live with me she used to cut my hair for me from the ends! Just straight across, getting rid of an inch or two of split ends. While we used to have to do this away from the company or the rest of our family due to them not approving it really, it used to be bloody easy. I live alone with my family now and no one wants to dare touch scissors to my hair for me, which means I have to cut my own hair! I've only ever done this twice now (I cut my fringe/bangs about every month myself. That's easy because its right in front of me!). The last two times, what I did was comb my hair out behind me, carefully gather it in my hands behind my back so that all the hair is an even length and clip it like that. Then I can bring it forward while keeping it even at the bottom and cutting straight across. This wasn't a perfect method but no one could tell really. The problem arises now that I want to cut my hair in a nice U. I can bring my hair forward and cut it straight, but getting a nice U would be pretty difficult/impossible if I don't know where certain parts of my hair come from.... Any tips? has anyone else tried cutting their own hair into something pretty? How do you do it, and how to you propose I do it? Creative ideas welcome!

Beanie Hat?