The SPFL recommendation?

5 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

So what happens if this vote is knocked back? No prize money for a good while yet?  Does the vote include the top flight as a proposal just not set in stone like the other 3 leagues then?

Theyll have more meetings to choose another proposal, I'd guess. But it would be another month at least before that would get cleared up.

If the vote passes the top flight will follow the same procedure, they just have to wait for UEFA to clarify what it means for European Qualifiers.

The rush to get this done will have come from the clubs.

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Does the vote include the top flight as a proposal just not set in stone like the other 3 leagues then?

The SPFL's statement is clear about this. If the vote passes the Premiership will be decided the exact same way if they can't finish it in time, but the Board will make that decision later for the top flight.

They're presumably doing it this way to stay in line with UEFA.

9 minutes ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Do we agree that league reconstruction will happen after this vote tomorrow..?!

The new, record, top flight TV deal is for 12 top flight sides.

How many of those clubs would you expect to vote to reduce the money they get from that?

41 minutes ago, virginton said:

It’s bizarre that people get so hung about the chance of a bigger club nicking their players rather than the existential financial threat that turning next season into a diddy format entails. If you wait most of the year to complete these fixtures and go for an 18 game campaign for 20/21, you are asking clubs to waive up front 50% of their income for next season, at a time when there will be no government support forthcoming either. That is suicide rather than a credible solution.

Thankfully there are at least some adults at the table who recognise that there is no point obsessing about playing a set of largely dead rubber fixtures, when they can instead draw a line under this mess without bankrupting half the league.

How does playing out the fixtures and then starting with a new season of say 27 games provide any less income than stopping the season now and starting afresh in August ? It doesn’t. Whatever the restart date, the same amount of time would largely be available. It would stop all the inevitable wailing and gnashing of teeth from the likes of Hearts, Partick and Falkirk. 
My view is that this won’t happen anyway. As I said, it’s just too difficult when you consider that players may have already agreed to join other clubs, etc. so is probably an unrealistic prospect. 
With that in mind, the next best solution is to finish the season now and the places stand with points adjusted based on number of games played. There will be unhappy clubs who will squeal about it, but it’s better than voiding the season and better than reconstructing the leagues into (yet another) different format. 

The new, record, top flight TV deal is for 12 top flight sides. How many of those clubs would you expect to vote to reduce the money they get from that?

Is it 75% from 30 clubs or 75% from 42 at this stage ?!

Every team from Dumbarton in L1 and upwards will vote for it. Brechin and no doubt a fair whack of L2 teams for prize money based on their current play off league positions etc

Edited. The division represtative on the SPFL board is the Brechin Chair. Make up your own mind i suppose

25 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Theyll have more meetings to choose another proposal, I'd guess. But it would be another month at least before that would get cleared up.

If the vote passes the top flight will follow the same procedure, they just have to wait for UEFA to clarify what it means for European Qualifiers.

The rush to get this done will have come from the clubs.

I still feel better then to hand out prize money so no rush to have a vote that could easily fail .  Clubs are then guaranteed cash which isn't relying on a yes vote. A proposal more likely to pass can then be formulated and put to a vote at a later date. At the moment clubs could still be without any money for weeks if the vote is knocked back which could cause huge problems for some.

Dont think any other league in europe has reached this stage other than belgium who only had one league game to go.

Wonder whether celtic will vote yes. Having said numerous times in the press that they dont want handed the trophy they are now being asked to vote exactly for that. Rangers fans will.be able to remind them of that at every opportunity. 

10 minutes ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Is it 75% from 30 clubs or 75% from 42

Every team from Dumbarton in L1 and upwards will vote for it. Brechin and no doubt a fair whack of L2 teams for prize money based on their current play off league positions etc

Its 75 percent of the premier. 75 percent of the championship and then 75 percent of 1 and 2. Why all leagues aren't treated the same is just the spfl all over.

12 minutes ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Is it 75% from 30 clubs or 75% from 42 at this stage ?!

Edited. The division represtative on the SPFL board is the Brechin Chair. Make up your own mind i suppose

Its 75% from Premiership, 75% from Championship, and 75% from League One/Two.

All 3 have to pass for any proposal to pass.

In terms of reconstruction, I'm not sure how the voting works, it used to be 11-1 in the top flight.

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Its 75 percent of the premier. 75 percent of the championship and then 75 percent of 1 and 2. Why all leagues aren't treated the same is just the spfl all over.

Are you finding it hard to understand why theyd split it 3 ways and not 4?

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Are you finding it hard to understand why theyd split it 3 ways and not 4?

Are you alluding to some sort of need for a majority?

Because all 75 percent votes must pass, so 3, 4 or 123 makes no difference in that regard. 

Twice my lot will be fucked by league construction having finished nowhere near the bottom places ..

10year to get out bottom league to return after one season ..

Why can they just not void season and we start again in Aug leaving leagues and teams alone[emoji17]

The current proposal won’t affect Clyde in any way.

Voiding might mean little or no prize money, which clubs have budgeted for. In addition to losing four home games it will kill clubs.

44 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

The new, record, top flight TV deal is for 12 top flight sides.

How many of those clubs would you expect to vote to reduce the money they get from that?

So if theres a no vote and as you say they need to more meetings to formulate  another proposal to persuade more clubs to say yes what would that include if league reconstruction is not on the table? 

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Very few, if any, contracts will run like that in the SPFL. No idea where you're getting that from. Plenty of lower league clubs have contracts that end shortly after the season does so that they don't need to keep paying players they no longer want for more than is necessary.

This has changed, I'm fairly sure yer man sirscottyoung will have inside info on this too. Obviously players can be signed later than 1st July but their contract will still run to the end of summer.

After reading a complete load of nonsense on here I have 2 questions for all the masterminds here...

Firstly, if we wait to finish the season whenever that may be (and it won't be by June) what happens to the players out of contract? You cannot force them to simply extend them. Also what about players who have contractually agreed to sign for someone else, like Bowie going to Fulham at us.

Secondly, is preventing Dundee Utd and Cove going up at all fair by voiding the leagues given how far they are ahead? Even UEFA's president has said for Liverpool he cannot see how they cannot not be awarded the title. Voiding also brings about contractual issues with sponsors and players. Rovers just season didn't go up and that activated a clause in Kevin Nisbett's contact which allowed him to leave.

All fair and well saying ending it now isn't fair but from what I can see it is the only option which brings about minimal distribution and allows all clubs to potentially survive.

If there is some other magical option out there which is fair to everyone and keeps all the clubs afloat I'm all ears.

1 minute ago, Ding Dang Doo said:

Secondly, is preventing Dundee Utd and Cove going up at all fair by voiding the leagues given how far they are ahead? 

Yes, and I don't know how many times this needs to be pointed out - but they haven't won the league. I really don't understand the difficulty some have with this.

Can you tell me exactly what the "contractual issues with sponsors" would be for voiding the league and why other organisations such as Sottish Rugby don't have those contractual issues? 

2 minutes ago, Ding Dang Doo said:

After reading a complete load of nonsense on here I have 2 questions for all the masterminds here...

Firstly, if we wait to finish the season whenever that may be (and it won't be by June) what happens to the players out of contract? You cannot force them to simply extend them. Also what about players who have contractually agreed to sign for someone else, like Bowie going to Fulham at us.

Secondly, is preventing Dundee Utd and Cove going up at all fair by voiding the leagues given how far they are ahead? Even UEFA's president has said for Liverpool he cannot see how they cannot not be awarded the title. Voiding also brings about contractual issues with sponsors and players. Rovers just season didn't go up and that activated a clause in Kevin Nisbett's contact which allowed him to leave.

All fair and well saying ending it now isn't fair but from what I can see it is the only option which brings about minimal distribution and allows all clubs to potentially survive.

If there is some other magical option out there which is fair to everyone and keeps all the clubs afloat I'm all ears.

No guarantee this vote will go through though given the way it's been put forward. If they vote now you risk clubs having to wait even longer for money after a no vote. Give out the minimum prize money in each league now and then formulate a proposal more likely to see a yes vote . One that includes concrete plans on league reconstruction.  Vote then goes through and we have something that benefits scottish football as a whole.

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

Yes, and I don't know how many times this needs to be pointed out - but they haven't won the league. I really don't understand the difficulty some have with this.

Can you tell me exactly what the "contractual issues with sponsors" would be for voiding the league and why other organisations such as Sottish Rugby don't have those contractual issues? 

The issue with the top flight is UEFA arent allowing voided leagues to enter teams into Europe, as they havent "earned qualification through sporting achievement". 

You're not allowed to just nominate sides to play in it/earn UEFA money.

Even if UEFA competitions dont go ahead, prize money will be handed out to qualifiers.